4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Game Reviews
Aug 31, 2020, 15:29
Re: Game Reviews Aug 31, 2020, 15:29
Aug 31, 2020, 15:29

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2020, 15:12:
Unfortunately the market spoke +esports and +influencers that somehow instead of just playing the teams they give you like we always did. That you now have to spend money to make the team you want to then play people. No doubt they leveraged us, but we still could have just stuck with the actual teams as-is. I still do and yes they won't make say Franchise mode with the NFL teams better because they fear that takes away from Ultimate Team.

Pay to win revenue generating game modes ruined sports gaming. And there's no turning back unfortunately. EA will give Franchise mode some lip service over the next few years because they've been publicly embarrassed. But I agree that the focus will always be on Ultimate Team and modes that directly make money.

If there's any real future, it's going to be with smaller sports titles like the Super Mega Baseball series.

Aug 31, 2020, 15:12
Re: Game Reviews Aug 31, 2020, 15:12
Aug 31, 2020, 15:12

Silent Bob wrote on Aug 31, 2020, 14:09:
Prez wrote on Aug 31, 2020, 12:59:
It has been said countless times but STOP BUYING THE GAME. Until that happens nothing will change.

Madden is a bit unique in that regard since most of their revenue growth over the past seven or eight years has been driven by IAP from Ultimate Team. A purchase (or lack thereof) from someone like me who only likes franchise mode and will never spend additional money in game frankly is a lot less valuable to them.

We'll see if social media push back and public embarrassment will lead to any meaningful change. I'm skeptical because their developer's track record has been abysmal if you care at all about quality. But it has forced EA to finally acknowledge problems that they've been ignoring for years.

Unfortunately the market spoke +esports and +influencers that somehow instead of just playing the teams they give you like we always did. That you now have to spend money to make the team you want to then play people. No doubt they leveraged us, but we still could have just stuck with the actual teams as-is. I still do and yes they won't make say Franchise mode with the NFL teams better because they fear that takes away from Ultimate Team.

Aug 31, 2020, 14:09
Re: Game Reviews Aug 31, 2020, 14:09
Aug 31, 2020, 14:09

Prez wrote on Aug 31, 2020, 12:59:
It has been said countless times but STOP BUYING THE GAME. Until that happens nothing will change.

Madden is a bit unique in that regard since most of their revenue growth over the past seven or eight years has been driven by IAP from Ultimate Team. A purchase (or lack thereof) from someone like me who only likes franchise mode and will never spend additional money in game frankly is a lot less valuable to them.

We'll see if social media push back and public embarrassment will lead to any meaningful change. I'm skeptical because their developer's track record has been abysmal if you care at all about quality. But it has forced EA to finally acknowledge problems that they've been ignoring for years.

Aug 31, 2020, 12:59
Prez

Re: Game Reviews Aug 31, 2020, 12:59
Aug 31, 2020, 12:59
 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older