Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens

This post on Steam announces that open beta testing of Marvel's Avengers is now underway, offering the chance to flex your superheroic muscles in the upcoming comic book and movie tie-in game. Here's a Beta Deep Dive Video with a look at what to expect. Word is: "Marvel’s Avengers BETA is an epic, third-person, action-adventure that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay*. Assemble into a team of up to four players online, master extraordinary abilities, and defend the Earth from escalating threats." Here's more on the game from its Steam Listing:
Assemble your team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, embrace your powers, and live your Super Hero dreams.

Marvel’s Avengers is an epic, third-person, action-adventure game that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay*. Assemble into a team of up to four players online, master extraordinary abilities, customize a growing roster of Heroes, and defend the Earth from escalating threats.

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a new, hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco. The celebration turns deadly when a mysterious enemy causes a catastrophic accident which results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, a sprawling adventure ignites when a determined young woman named Kamala Khan sets out to reassemble and rebuild the Avengers to stop the unchecked power of the secretive new force known as AIM.

Marvel’s Avengers continues the epic journey with new Heroes and new narrative delivered on an ongoing basis, for the definitive Avengers gaming experience.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens
Aug 24, 2020, 09:23
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 24, 2020, 09:23
Aug 24, 2020, 09:23

I downloaded the beta only to find out it was over 5 hours ago........pricks
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Aug 23, 2020, 14:35
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 23, 2020, 14:35
Aug 23, 2020, 14:35

Why is there a stretchy girl and unlocks?
This smells of loot box/grind BS
The amount of damage done to the US in the first week alone has to have China and Russia laughing at us.

Aug 23, 2020, 12:09
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 23, 2020, 12:09
Aug 23, 2020, 12:09

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2020, 13:57:
Gadzooks wrote on Aug 22, 2020, 11:27:
This game is not at all ready for release...

Not from a technical perspective - the game is marred with bugs, huge performance issues, freezes, crashes, memory leaks, and utter lack of optimization...

and subjectively not from a gameplay perspective. Its uninspired, dull, and just overall boring gameplay. The loot system is awful and unnecessary, the visuals are smeared and marred with over use of motion blur, and the combat is mostly spam buttons and nothing else.

Its so obviously not a platform for a good game from start to end, but one designed to be merely a market stand to forever sell their endless supply of micro transactions.

Thanks for that. Kinda' what I figured.

Hmm Ready for a Game Sequel ?

Aug 22, 2020, 13:57
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 13:57
Aug 22, 2020, 13:57

Not from a technical perspective - the game is marred with bugs, huge performance issues, freezes, crashes, memory leaks, and utter lack of optimization...

and subjectively not from a gameplay perspective. Its uninspired, dull, and just overall boring gameplay. The loot system is awful and unnecessary, the visuals are smeared and marred with over use of motion blur, and the combat is mostly spam buttons and nothing else.

Its so obviously not a platform for a good game from start to end, but one designed to be merely a market stand to forever sell their endless supply of micro transactions.

Thanks for that. Kinda' what I figured.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Aug 22, 2020, 13:04
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 13:04
Aug 22, 2020, 13:04

What is it with project managers and on up who are unable to face reality.

Aug 22, 2020, 12:33
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 12:33
Aug 22, 2020, 12:33

Yup, it's epic all right. Epically boring. And sure, I totally want to get teased with all the Avengers and then play a teenage girl who is a copy of Mr. Fantastic. And I kept getting stuck in levels because HULK SMASH...bad guy through wall and now I can't kill him so that I can move on. For $15 this would still be irritating. For the $60 they are charging? Get real.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Aug 22, 2020, 12:31
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 12:31
Aug 22, 2020, 12:31

Looks like it can be fun but agreed it isn't technically ready, which for me isn't a problem, I wouldn't pay more than $30 so I'll be waiting 6+ months all the while fixing it and adding content. I think I'll be the winner then.

The loot system only looks marginally better (as you mention) than Breakpoint's original loot system which was a number that meant nothing, but you chased over it anyway.

The best thing going for it are the characters and knowing the lore so you feel right at home quickly there. I'm not sure this is better than DC Online and that has come and gone years ago. But I'll let it bake more. I'll leave it with this jab, it feels even less than Anthem at this point and for what they show.

Aug 22, 2020, 11:42
El Pit

Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 11:42
Aug 22, 2020, 11:42
 El Pit

I wonder if they dare to release it in this state... This is a very interesting story. It is like watching smoke rising above a volcano - will it erupt?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Aug 22, 2020, 11:27
Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Aug 22, 2020, 11:27
Aug 22, 2020, 11:27

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older