Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month

Developer Remedy and publisher 505 Games announce the Control Ultimate Edition, a new version of their supernatural action/adventure that will launch on August 27th alongside the game's new AWE expansion. The Ultimate Edition includes the original game and both expansions at a new lower price. That date is also the one-year anniversary of the game's original launch, and thus marks the end of its Epic Games Store exclusivity, so the Ultimate Edition will launch on August 27th on Steam. For those interested in the console versions, the Ultimate Edition will also include an upgrade for the upcoming Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 editions when they are released. More on all this should be covered tomorrow during Remedy's livestream on Twitch at noon EDT. Here's an Ultimate Edition Trailer.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month
Aug 13, 2020, 10:40
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 13, 2020, 10:40
Aug 13, 2020, 10:40

I get too much Quantum Break vibes from this. That game blew me away initially when it starts. The acting, graphics, animations and shoot outs. Yet somehow everything just wears thin rather quickly and I gave up on it within like 3 hours worth. I'm not sure I care to go back either to it...

I believe the same thing actually happened to me with Alan Wake. The initial starting of the game was awesome. Running through the forests, pointing your flash light at everything. Had real cool ambiance. Yet I got tired of it quickly. Not sure but I'm more than likely to fall for the Remedy redundancy in their games and end up picking up Control at the bargain bin price.

Aug 13, 2020, 02:29
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 13, 2020, 02:29
Aug 13, 2020, 02:29

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 17:35:
I usually like games like Control, just did not like Control. After about 6 1/2 hours playing it, I deleted it off my drives with no intention of ever revisiting it.
Same for me, but I wanted to see the ending. It took me 9h to finish it. In my humble opinion, the gunfights are repetitive and not very interesting. The last missions were a real pain, with tons of ennemies, and if you fail you go back to the last checkpoint and have to replay the same boring fights.

Very bad experience.

Aug 12, 2020, 18:37
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 18:37
Aug 12, 2020, 18:37

Bad ass game, definitely a Steam buy for me! Highfive

Iirc, the new dlc is the tie-in to Alan Wake so no one knows how it ties in atm. Cthulhu
Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Aug 12, 2020, 17:35
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 17:35
Aug 12, 2020, 17:35

I usually like games like Control, just did not like Control. After about 6 1/2 hours playing it, I deleted it off my drives with no intention of ever revisiting it.

Aug 12, 2020, 17:22
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 17:22
Aug 12, 2020, 17:22

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 15:32:

I never got around to the Alan Wakes, though I was curious. I have at least American Nightmare (great band), and probably the original, but I never played them and would be surprised if I find the time now. How beneficial is it?

They haven't released the Alan Wake DLC piece yet so no one knows, Im sure you can skip them though. Spooky stuff happens in Seattle.

The original was great though, you can tear through it pretty fast too since a lot of it is just running away.

Aug 12, 2020, 17:19
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 17:19
Aug 12, 2020, 17:19

They want you to rebuy it so you can get upgraded on the new consoles that are coming?

Aug 12, 2020, 16:57
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 16:57
Aug 12, 2020, 16:57

Looks great; nice mini review, HoSpanky. I'm sold on it, although they don't list a price yet on Steam, and it's coming out on August 27th? I'll get it eventually, at any rate.

As far as Alan Wake and the sequel, I loved those games. I felt mildly guilty I completely ignored them when they were new, and bought them on a deep sale on Gog at some point, but the games themselves were fun, amazing music, visually impressive (even now, assuming you allow for the year they were released) and the gameplay mechanics were good enough to make me finish and almost 100% complete the series.

The only question I have is, why isn't Control Ultimate Edition being released on Gog at the same time as Steam? I thought we were past all the EGS exclusivity stuff?

Aug 12, 2020, 16:22
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 16:22
Aug 12, 2020, 16:22

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 15:32:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 14:52:
Excited to buy the finished edition one day. Though it sounds like I have to finish American Nightmare first.

I never got around to the Alan Wakes, though I was curious. I have at least American Nightmare (great band), and probably the original, but I never played them and would be surprised if I find the time now. How beneficial is it?

I want this. Almost bought it on EGS during the sale, but seems like I'll just grab it on Steam when I'm ready to play.

I recently played through the original Alan Wake on its easiest difficulty, as I was only interested in what might show up in Control. The base game of Control is spectacular; the story is front and center. Think X-files, set in a serious version of Warehouse-13 and you're halfway there. TURN ON THE SUBTITLES. Not everyone you come across speaks English, and one in particular switches back and forth and already has a thick accent. You'll want to be able to see what he's saying, and he shows up super early.

The Foundation is less compelling, and significantly harder. Its core mystery just didn't interest me. You trade the glorious chaos of tearing offices and labs apart for a rock quarry, tossing...rocks. There's more story here, but it doesn't feel necessary. That's an upside, as it means the main game IS complete. The story it tells has a proper ending, but it means the expansion feels unnecessary. REALLY hoping AWE is a better expansion.

Wait for it on Steam, or get it on EGS, I'm not gonna get into that fight. Control is a great game, period. OH, and as you may have read on Penny-Arcade, it has no difficulty setting. It also has optional side quests that unlock INSANELY useful abilities. Do every side quest you see, when you see them, or the game will become wildly difficult.

Aug 12, 2020, 15:32
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 15:32
Aug 12, 2020, 15:32

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 14:52:
Excited to buy the finished edition one day. Though it sounds like I have to finish American Nightmare first.

I want this. Almost bought it on EGS during the sale, but seems like I'll just grab it on Steam when I'm ready to play.

Aug 12, 2020, 15:15
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 15:15
Aug 12, 2020, 15:15

Can't believe it's been a year & I have not finished it yet.... Maybe I'll have to tie myself in the chair this weekend and just do it.
It was pretty cool.

Aug 12, 2020, 14:52
Re: Control Gets Ultimate Edition and Steam Launch This Month Aug 12, 2020, 14:52
Aug 12, 2020, 14:52

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older