Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Interviews
Aug 13, 2020, 09:12
Re: Morning Interviews Aug 13, 2020, 09:12
Aug 13, 2020, 09:12

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 19:14:
1badmf wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 14:19:
fuck EA up their stupid asses.

Of course, especially after the account of how they put Visceral through the wringer. However, that same account makes a pretty good case for why the project may not have been shaping up as well as he thought.

But we had a lot of people at the studio who were experts on narrative and single-player games and those people left. And that's fine - some of them went to Crystal Dynamics and worked on the Avengers game. That kind of stuff happens. Then we went and hired a bunch of multiplayer first-person shooter experts to help us with Hardline. Cool. So to ship Hardline and go 'hey you guys are now going to make a single-player third-person [game]...' That's the thing which is hard for me to get over.

Who's making this plan? There is no plan, obviously. We were experts at this [genre of] game two years ago and then we re-made our studio. And it was hard. And we pulled it off. And then it was like 'go back to what you guys did before'. And we were like 'well those guys who were good at what we did before left'.

So he wants to bemoan decisions from EA that put his team in a bad position, but at the same time boast about how this unfinished game that no one else will ever see, let alone play, would have been the best ever. In other words, the team that made Battlefield Hardline was on the verge of releasing a contender for GOAT single-player action/adventure... I ain't buying it.
Amy Hennig, bro. As long as the dev team wasn't rushed and given adequate time to complete the game (though according to the article, that wasn't the case), I have no doubt that it could have been a contender for at least game of the year.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Aug 12, 2020, 19:14
Re: Morning Interviews Aug 12, 2020, 19:14
Aug 12, 2020, 19:14

1badmf wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 14:19:

Of course, especially after the account of how they put Visceral through the wringer. However, that same account makes a pretty good case for why the project may not have been shaping up as well as he thought.

But we had a lot of people at the studio who were experts on narrative and single-player games and those people left. And that's fine - some of them went to Crystal Dynamics and worked on the Avengers game. That kind of stuff happens. Then we went and hired a bunch of multiplayer first-person shooter experts to help us with Hardline. Cool. So to ship Hardline and go 'hey you guys are now going to make a single-player third-person [game]...' That's the thing which is hard for me to get over.

Who's making this plan? There is no plan, obviously. We were experts at this [genre of] game two years ago and then we re-made our studio. And it was hard. And we pulled it off. And then it was like 'go back to what you guys did before'. And we were like 'well those guys who were good at what we did before left'.

So he wants to bemoan decisions from EA that put his team in a bad position, but at the same time boast about how this unfinished game that no one else will ever see, let alone play, would have been the best ever. In other words, the team that made Battlefield Hardline was on the verge of releasing a contender for GOAT single-player action/adventure... I ain't buying it.

Aug 12, 2020, 14:19
Re: Morning Interviews Aug 12, 2020, 14:19
Aug 12, 2020, 14:19

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older