Into the Black

Last Link of the Day: Florida man clings to semi at highway speed.
View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Into the Black
Aug 5, 2020, 13:48
Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2020, 13:48
Aug 5, 2020, 13:48

For the record, the same loan terms I got have reappeared on the website the last two days -- so I might not have been quite as lucky at threading the needle as I might have originally thought. That said, I have absolutely no regrets. It was a great deal.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Aug 4, 2020, 11:36
Jivaro

Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2020, 11:36
Aug 4, 2020, 11:36
 Jivaro

Congrats Tact!

Aug 4, 2020, 09:09
Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2020, 09:09
Aug 4, 2020, 09:09

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2020, 05:08:
Florida Man strikes again!

Florida Man Busted After Allegedly Buying Porsche 911 Turbo with Fake Check Printed at Home
On the same site this one too.. Florida Man Used PPP Loans to Buy Lamborghini Huracan Evo
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Aug 4, 2020, 09:05
Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2020, 09:05
Aug 4, 2020, 09:05

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 4, 2020, 03:11:
I also did a thing. I took all my back UI pay (that I finally got after 6 months) and bought a new'ish vehicle and insurance all on my own (Love my family but having slightly cheaper things that have to be paid through a bi-polar family member sucks). So from a 98 Honda Accord (bought from my father in law) to a 2007 Honda CR-V. It's weird sitting up again in a truck/SUV, but it's bought and paid for and family ties free

BTW if you think you have ADD/ADHD make sure ya find a doctor who specalizes in it. My new doctor is a fucking miracle worker with new non-narcotic meds.
Always good to have a nice vehicle, one of my sisters has a CR-V and loves it. Even better to find a doctor who can help you with your medical needs. Congrats on the vehicle and best wishes on your medical issues.

Aug 4, 2020, 05:08
Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2020, 05:08
Aug 4, 2020, 05:08

Florida Man strikes again!

Florida Man Busted After Allegedly Buying Porsche 911 Turbo with Fake Check Printed at Home
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Aug 4, 2020, 03:11
Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2020, 03:11
Aug 4, 2020, 03:11

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 22:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 21:03:
Florida METH man
wow
More info, but still not enough info

First I was like “Oh that trucker is going to jail!”

That's pretty nuts. If that guy had slipped...
Hard to blame the trucker too much when someone starts smashing the glass.

You have to understand, ABF transports ALOT of food and snacks on the pup trailers. Maybe the guy was hungry?

And Congrats Tact.
I also did a thing. I took all my back UI pay (that I finally got after 6 months) and bought a new'ish vehicle and insurance all on my own (Love my family but having slightly cheaper things that have to be paid through a bi-polar family member sucks). So from a 98 Honda Accord (bought from my father in law) to a 2007 Honda CR-V. It's weird sitting up again in a truck/SUV, but it's bought and paid for and family ties free

BTW if you think you have ADD/ADHD make sure ya find a doctor who specalizes in it. My new doctor is a fucking miracle worker with new non-narcotic meds.

Aug 3, 2020, 22:51
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 22:51
Aug 3, 2020, 22:51

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 22:15:
Assuming that you're not going to live another 30 years (don't get me wrong I don't want you to die or die early or anything like that) What are the advantages of paying more. Would it not be better to pay the regular amount and keep that money in your pocket to spend on something else. Have you run the calculations.
ie how much interest do you save at your current payment over the life of the loan versus paying only the required amount.
Reasonable question. And I do not expect to live another 30 years, but I might be wrong... I do suspect I will live longer than needed to payoff the mortgage. The simple answer is, I'll pay less in the long run. I'll save a little over $24,000 in interest by over paying. And I will complete payment of the loan in about 17 years instead of 30 years. And while I might not live long past paying off my mortgage I'd rather not give the bank any extra money. Oh, and that is just what I am saving by over paying on the new mortgage. It would take some work for me to figure out what I am saving over what I would have paid if I had not refinanced. But obviously the refinance is saving me interest over the previous loan. If my financial situation changes, I'll always have the option of reducing my mortgage payment to the required amount. But I calculated my finances when I retired on the assumption I'd continue my current mortgage payments...

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2020, 23:32.

Aug 3, 2020, 22:27
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 22:27
Aug 3, 2020, 22:27

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 21:03:
Florida METH man
wow

That's pretty nuts. If that guy had slipped...
Hard to blame the trucker too much when someone starts smashing the glass.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Aug 3, 2020, 22:15
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 22:15
Aug 3, 2020, 22:15

Congratulations Tact.

Assuming that you're not going to live another 30 years (don't get me wrong I don't want you to die or die early or anything like that) What are the advantages of paying more. Would it not be better to pay the regular amount and keep that money in your pocket to spend on something else. Have you run the calculations.
ie how much interest do you save at your current payment over the life of the loan versus paying only the required amount.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.
The Renaissance took place in chaos and plague.
Shiva Ayyadurai

Aug 3, 2020, 22:07
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 22:07
Aug 3, 2020, 22:07

My current mortgage has a rate of 3.875%. This will lower my mortgage payment by about $160 a month. Of course, a good part of that reduction is because of a redistribution of payment from my 8.5 year old mortgage to a new, full 30 year period. But then, all of that is somewhat meaningless since I have been overpaying my mortgage the whole time, and will continue pay the same amount monthly. However, it will reduce the amount of interest I pay over the life of the mortgage.

As a side note, technically, after this transaction is completed my required monthly mortgage payment will be less than my monthly property tax bill. *sigh* But whatca' gonna do?

Aug 3, 2020, 21:52
Cutter

Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 21:52
Aug 3, 2020, 21:52
 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 21:23:
Good news for me I feel I need to share. Today, in under four hours I went from nothing, to having signed initial documents, provided documentation, and being at the "waiting for title processing" stage for a 30 year fixed, 2.625%, no points, re-fi of my home mortgage. The deal was available on the bank's website for less than half a day. It was a good day. If I had beer in my house, I would definitely be drinking it.

What had you been paying in interest until now?
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Aug 3, 2020, 21:23
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 21:23
Aug 3, 2020, 21:23

Good news for me I feel I need to share. Today, in under four hours I went from nothing, to having signed initial documents, provided documentation, and being at the "waiting for title processing" stage for a 30 year fixed, 2.625%, no points, re-fi of my home mortgage. The deal was available on the bank's website for less than half a day. It was a good day. If I had beer in my house, I would definitely be drinking it.

Aug 3, 2020, 21:03
Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2020, 21:03
Aug 3, 2020, 21:03

Florida METH man
wow

A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.
The Renaissance took place in chaos and plague.
Shiva Ayyadurai
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older