Halo Infinite Battle Royale?

A post on Reddit has what's said to be a translation of a Japanese store listing for Halo Infinite. According to this, the upcoming installment in the shooter series will include a battle royale mode. On the other hand, as VG247 notes, they quoted 343 writer Jeff Easterling in a livestream a couple of years ago saying: "I’ll tell you right now, the only BR we’re interested in is Battle Rifle. The original BR. So, calm yourself."
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale?
Aug 3, 2020, 11:55
Beamer

Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 3, 2020, 11:55
Aug 3, 2020, 11:55
 Beamer

Rigs wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 11:40:
Beamer wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 10:32:
Halo has always had many multiplayer modes, so I don't see why this is a surprise or a concern.

When Halo came out with Capture the Flag, did people say "just what the industry needs, more Capture the Flag games" or "they're just ripping off Quake?" No. People wither played Capture the Flag, which was the most popular multiplayer variant, or they didn't.

Why wouldn't they include the current most popular multiplayer variant? And, if you don't like it, just stick with DM, Team DM, Capture the Flag, or whatever other mode you prefer.

Because it's been stated several times by 343 that they were not going to make a HALO BR - ever. Yes, they're proactive with new modes and, as I said, they might come out with a mode similar or with elements of BR, it's not going to be straight battle royale. That's all I was saying.

=-Rigs-=

A writer said it. He's not a developer.
And things change.

Meanwhile, no one loses on this. No one is going to be forced to play it. Team death match will still be there.

Aug 3, 2020, 11:40
Rigs

Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 3, 2020, 11:40
Aug 3, 2020, 11:40
 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 3, 2020, 10:32:
Halo has always had many multiplayer modes, so I don't see why this is a surprise or a concern.

When Halo came out with Capture the Flag, did people say "just what the industry needs, more Capture the Flag games" or "they're just ripping off Quake?" No. People wither played Capture the Flag, which was the most popular multiplayer variant, or they didn't.

Why wouldn't they include the current most popular multiplayer variant? And, if you don't like it, just stick with DM, Team DM, Capture the Flag, or whatever other mode you prefer.

Because it's been stated several times by 343 that they were not going to make a HALO BR - ever. Yes, they're proactive with new modes and, as I said, they might come out with a mode similar or with elements of BR, it's not going to be straight battle royale. That's all I was saying.

=-Rigs-=

Aug 3, 2020, 10:32
Beamer

Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 3, 2020, 10:32
Aug 3, 2020, 10:32
 Beamer

Aug 3, 2020, 09:41
Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 3, 2020, 09:41
Aug 3, 2020, 09:41

Right on... another battle royale game. Just what the industry needs.

Aug 3, 2020, 01:11
Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 3, 2020, 01:11
Aug 3, 2020, 01:11

Rigs wrote on Aug 2, 2020, 17:18:
Yeah, no. I can't see 343 going the Battle Royale route. They might have some mode that is similar in some ways but it isn't going to be FORTNITE: HALO Edition. If it's one thing 343 is not known for, it's chasing trends...

=-Rigs-=

Yep. The more "Modern" Halo gets the more it loses it's charm. 4 and 5 were good games but I don't really want to ever play them again. Hoping they get back to what made the Bungie games so awesome, that almost irrational devotion to being it's own thing.

Not that I don't think Halo BR wouldn't be great. Just that the series was known for inventing genres, prefecting online console play and adding features that others tried to copy, not the other way around.

Aug 2, 2020, 17:18
Rigs

Re: Halo Infinite Battle Royale? Aug 2, 2020, 17:18
Aug 2, 2020, 17:18
 Rigs

Yeah, no. I can't see 343 going the Battle Royale route. They might have some mode that is similar in some ways but it isn't going to be FORTNITE: HALO Edition. If it's one thing 343 is not known for, it's chasing trends...

=-Rigs-=
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older