Rocket Arena Free Weekend

Celebrating the launch of Rocket Arena Season 1, publisher Electronic Arts and developer Final Strike now offer a free weekend for Rocket Arena, their recently launched multiplayer shooter. They are also rewarding those who've already bought the game: "As a thank you, fans who played Rocket Arena prior to Season 1 saw a bonus of 3,000 Rocket Fuel added to their account, which can be redeemed for unique cosmetic items and/or seasonal Blast Passes through Season 3. These early pioneers of the game will also find 10 animated outfits in their accounts representing each of the launch characters." You can get in on the action through EA Access, Origin Access, and Steam. Here's a quick primer:
Rockets rule everything in Rocket Arena, an explosive 3v3 shooter where you’re never out of the action. Master your hero’s unique rockets and abilities to rule the arena and become a champion! Adapt your strategy with an ever-growing roster of diverse heroes with distinctive powers. Unearth new strategies and tactics based on your squad, explore a wide variety of dynamic maps, and discover the true depth of rocket gameplay. Ready to be blown away?
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Rocket Arena Free Weekend
Aug 1, 2020, 15:28
Re: Rocket Arena Free Weekend Aug 1, 2020, 15:28
Aug 1, 2020, 15:28

Slick wrote on Aug 1, 2020, 11:26:
Whoa, you know what i just realized? You can't get the free weekend anyplace other than steam. Even the parent company's platform wants me to pay money for subscription. That's pretty weird, maybe Origin just doesn't have a "free weekend" feature coded into their store. They should probably get on that.

"Boycotting Origin b/c they have no Free Weekend functionality." Laugh2
(Sorry, taking a swing at the anti-EGS crowd)

This game looks like it was designed for tweens.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Aug 1, 2020, 11:26
Slick

Re: Rocket Arena Free Weekend Aug 1, 2020, 11:26
Aug 1, 2020, 11:26
 Slick

Whoa, you know what i just realized? You can't get the free weekend anyplace other than steam. Even the parent company's platform wants me to pay money for subscription. That's pretty weird, maybe Origin just doesn't have a "free weekend" feature coded into their store. They should probably get on that.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Aug 1, 2020, 11:19
Slick

Re: Rocket Arena Free Weekend Aug 1, 2020, 11:19
Aug 1, 2020, 11:19
 Slick

The game you're looking for is called Hyperscape. Just pick up the Skybreaker and the Slam hack. Skybreaker is a massive one-shot rocket launcher that deals more damage and aoe the further it travels. So you get massive air with your abilities and rain down havoc from on high.

Because I agree, I've watched gameplay of Rocket Arena and it looks like it feels awful. Still though, it's free, so I'll take it for a spin.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jul 31, 2020, 23:34
Re: Rocket Arena Free Weekend Jul 31, 2020, 23:34
Jul 31, 2020, 23:34

I watched some paid streamers (I assume) play this for a bit, and my god it looked awful. It looked like it felt awful, if that makes sense. If you told me this was an unfun party game on a console, I'd believe it. Nothing about this game looked fun, challenging, exciting nor interesting. Oh yeah, and one of the heroes had some bland and boring and highly repetitive sounds. They sounded like placeholder sounds.

Before this free weekend, the average player count for this game according to Steam was approx 90. 90.. for an EA game released during a shutdown. Cooking Simulator has had a higher player count average over the same month timeframe. Let that sink in. That's good for ranking at approx #1360 on Steams charts.

Between this game and Disintegration, we have seen two top-tier (talent wise) games come out to 100% failures. You know your game sucks that if during a flu shutdown, people still won't play it. I read that Dis had exactly enough players to have one full game.. and a peak user count of 129. Ouch.
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older