Into the Black

Last Link of the Day: I am the Captain now.

Obituary: Malik B., founding member of The Roots, dead at 47.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Into the Black
Jul 30, 2020, 16:31
Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2020, 16:31
Jul 30, 2020, 16:31

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 12:19:
...I'll admit I only read a couple of the first few BC novels...
If you read the first two or three and didn't care for it, don't bother with the rest -- it is more of the same. I don't read a lot of fantasy these days, much more of a sci-fi guy. But for whatever reason this series caught my attention. Was looking for something to read the other day, I've already re-read several series during the pandemic, noticed the The Black Company and didn't immediately remember a lot about it. I thought it would come back as I read, but it didn't. Finished the first three books now starting the fourth and I might as well be reading them for the first time. Didn't know about the new novel inserted into the original trilogy last year. I should probably order it...
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Jul 30, 2020, 12:19
Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2020, 12:19
Jul 30, 2020, 12:19

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 23:54:
Speaking of "Captain", I recently started re-reading The Chronicles of The Black Company and I am startled by how little I remember. Basically the character names are the only thing I apparently stored in long term memory. I wish I could do that for the Dune books. I'd love to read them again like it was the first time...

You, and apparently quite a lot of people love the Black Company series. I found Glen Cook's Garrett PI novels way more enjoyable, but I'll admit I only read a couple of the first few BC novels.

I think everybody is going to be tempted to start re-reading the Dune novels once the movies get closer to coming out, I know I'm already planning my re-read, after I finish up some other novels.

Jul 29, 2020, 23:54
Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2020, 23:54
Jul 29, 2020, 23:54

Speaking of "Captain", I recently started re-reading The Chronicles of The Black Company and I am startled by how little I remember. Basically the character names are the only thing I apparently stored in long term memory. I wish I could do that for the Dune books. I'd love to read them again like it was the first time...
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older