Out of the Blue

The 2020 Emmy award nominations are now live. As opposed to the Oscars every year, this involves some things I've actually seen. The Watchmen was an impressive show and received an impressive number of nominations. I'm also very pleased to see recognition for a couple of series that we've just recently finally caught onto, Schitt's Creek and Ozark. Those definitely get the binge-streaming Emmies from me and MrsBlue for best comedy and best drama. But all-in-all if I had to vote for those categories I think I'd have to go with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Better Call Saul. In fairness, though, I have not seen all the nominees by a long shot.

Nominated Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Stories

Science

Media

The Funnies

View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 29, 2020, 23:42
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 23:42
Jul 29, 2020, 23:42

Prez wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 20:46:
Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 5M; Getting Free Content in October
Prez
Is there an easy patch for this like with Dark Souls? I love the world but I suck at games.

Hi Prez, hope you doing fine !
Saw your post about Sekiro and "sucking at games" too late.

Man, if you would, you can use Cheat Engine and its speedhack slider feature, to slow down -or speed up- any game.
With user defined hot keys to change to various chosen velocities ingame anytime.
I recommend downloading the "missing setup" -no setup- file only.

Also Glovepie allows linking the keyboard keys not in use by a game, or mouse buttons, to those in use, for those games that don't allow remapping.
You can link many keys to one or mouse buttons, to get always run or stealth when walking, etc, etc.
Even create mouse turning or mouse looking, in games that don't have it.

And mostly, if that were your thing, to modify *any* game parameters, even those games that you don't find any helping for, in the entire web.
I do it, with some practice
With all that you can finish any game no matter how difficult, or make more agile a slow or somewhat boring one.
Who knows, you may even have one or two games you couldn't finish

Best regards !

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2020, 23:56.

Jul 29, 2020, 20:46
Prez

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 20:46
Jul 29, 2020, 20:46
 Prez

As someone who clearly remembers being underway on a secret mission (the kind you couldn't just abandon if something critical breaks) with a broken evaporator and going 2 weeks without a shower, I find myself uniquely qualified to say that YOU DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO FORGO SHOWERING.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

• A COVID-19 Vaccine Reality Check.
Jul 29, 2020, 17:03
• A COVID-19 Vaccine Reality Check. Jul 29, 2020, 17:03
Jul 29, 2020, 17:03

I thought the article was going to be all depressing news but it isn't.

Jul 29, 2020, 16:42
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 16:42
Jul 29, 2020, 16:42

Schitt's Creek and Marvelous Mrs Maisel are both fantastic shows, deserving all the awards.

Schitt's Creek ended at a good point, avoiding overstaying its welcome. We only found out after watching the series that it was apparently a HUGE deal to the LGBTQ crowd. It has a gay relationship in it that isn't there for laughs, and isn't there to cause controversy. It honestly doesn't feel like a big deal because the show doesn't make a big deal out of it. Apparently that's precisely why it's a big deal.

Mrs Maisel makes it look easy to make a period piece show. Seriously, those sets! Filmmakers often say "New York is ALSO a character in this show/movie", but in Maisel, it isn't, because it can't hold a candle to the incandescence of its actors. It makes you give a shit about everyone, even the character that should have been a throwaway "he's why she got on the course she did" husband has a story arc.

The biggest disappointment for me recently was Upload. It has a lot of funny stuff, for sure, but after watching the two shows above, it feels...lazy. Some character's personalities change ENTIRELY just to suit an episode. The only character that doesn't do this is the damn AI Bellhop.

Jul 29, 2020, 15:29
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 15:29
Jul 29, 2020, 15:29
 Cutter

2020 is about to get a whole lot worse....Schoolgirls in India discover Earth-bound asteroid

The asteroid is presently near Mars and its orbit is expected to cross that of Earth in about one million years' time, said SPACE India, a private institute where the two 14-year-old girls received training.

Jesus Christ, people! A million years and it's game over, man!

Speaking of game over, man....

Packers' Aaron Rodgers discusses possibly playing for Green Bay's biggest rival after Jordan Love pick

Funniest comment re: that....

Guy: As a Bears fan, we dont want him.

Other guy's reply: dont like playoffs?

Hahaha.
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Re: Soap dodger: meet the doctor who says we have been showering wrong.
Jul 29, 2020, 15:17
Re: Soap dodger: meet the doctor who says we have been showering wrong. Jul 29, 2020, 15:17
Jul 29, 2020, 15:17

This argument has been making the rounds more and more often lately... While I understand there are some legitimate points about destroying micro-biomes which are actually helpful to the body, I'm sorry but I'm not going to stop using soap. Since I will often spend my entire day inside, and I rarely exert myself to the point of sweating, I can easily go a day without taking a shower. But after about 36 hours, my scalp/hair starts getting noticeably greasy/dirty/whatever -- and frankly, I'm not comfortable that way even though I might not see anyone.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Jul 29, 2020, 14:25
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 14:25
Jul 29, 2020, 14:25
 Cutter

No BF? BUT BFM! Haha, no! That's a great thing. Society needs to do way more to ween itself off conspicuous consumption and live much more frugally and simply. How much shit does one need? How many yachts can you water-ski behind?

I don't care what those people say about natural body biomes, it's disgusting not to bathe regularly. And yes, soap and water do clean away dangerous pathogens that your body simply doesn't sweat away. When I'm working out or working hard I sweat like a mofo. And whilst it's not immediately ripe it sure gets that way the longer I go without a shower. Anyones balls not stink to high heaven if you go a couple of days without a shower? And beyond that a nice hot shower or soak feels good and is good for the body on many levels. Damn, that's just so nasty!

That drummer thing was funny.

Same with the Faraday tour.

Alzheimer's blood test would be great news!

In other good news for sufferers of Sensorineural Hearing Loss and Tinnitus the fastracked stage 2 trials of Frequency Therapeutic's new wonder drug - FX-322 begins in Sept. What is it and how does it work? The First CURE for Hearing Loss? | FX-322? Early results are very promising. May want to look at getting some stock with these guys too. If it works they'll be effing huge overnight.

Jul 29, 2020, 13:42
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 13:42
Jul 29, 2020, 13:42
 Cutter

El Pit wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 13:26:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/squadron-42-roadmap-update

"When we realized that our old Roadmap didn’t represent our development progress very well,"... because it put us under time pressure to present something close to a finished game within the next few years, we shit our pants and told you that the roadmap would be scrapped. You hated us for doing so, so now we found something that will give us an unlimited amount of time to work or at least until the last whale dies and the money will be gone on 2 games that will never ever get finished.

Yours truly,
CIG - still selling candy from the white van

I love these guys. They will never release a finished game (Roberts never was into finishing games), but the way they are pulling off a snake oil salesman performance is STUNNING. Hollywood, right there is some great material for a movie about "selling bridges... of virtual space ships"!

You're absolutely right. This is going to end up another Jonestown.

Jul 29, 2020, 13:26
El Pit

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 13:26
Jul 29, 2020, 13:26
 El Pit

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/squadron-42-roadmap-update

"When we realized that our old Roadmap didn’t represent our development progress very well,"... because it put us under time pressure to present something close to a finished game within the next few years, we shit our pants and told you that the roadmap would be scrapped. You hated us for doing so, so now we found something that will give us an unlimited amount of time to work or at least until the last whale dies and the money will be gone on 2 games that will never ever get finished.

Yours truly,
CIG - still selling candy from the white van

I love these guys. They will never release a finished game (Roberts never was into finishing games), but the way they are pulling off a snake oil salesman performance is STUNNING. Hollywood, right there is some great material for a movie about "selling bridges... of virtual space ships"!
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jul 29, 2020, 12:01
Jivaro

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2020, 12:01
Jul 29, 2020, 12:01
 Jivaro

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a fantastic show. Has my vote for whatever award.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older