48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jul 31, 2020, 10:38
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2020, 10:38
Jul 31, 2020, 10:38

I did not know that google already privately owns several transatlantic cables. I thought they were all funded by public money.
A little more technical info.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Pizza Pizza
Jul 30, 2020, 11:07
Pizza Pizza Jul 30, 2020, 11:07
Jul 30, 2020, 11:07

Herman Cain has died of Covid19 he contracted at the tRump rancid rally in Tulsa.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.

Jul 29, 2020, 15:30
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 15:30
Jul 29, 2020, 15:30

WaltC wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 09:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 05:52:
The trumps New Favorite COVID Doctor Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine

Trump had nothing to do with the doctors' presentation--nothing--sometimes I think liberals have rocks for brains..;) Way to make fun of an immigrant minority doctor, RedEye9--so much for "progressive" values, eh? How hypocritical. Too bad you can't smear the other twelve physicians in the presentation the same way, eh? Hypocrites 'R US = Democrat party . Ugh.

BTW, even the Surgeon General said just last week that the data he has, and shares with the CDC, shows that face masks do not protect the wearer or anyone else from viral infections. Viral particles are simply too small to be hindered by a face mask. You know--the same thing Fauci, Birx, the CDC, and the SG were saying as late as March--that face masks are not recommended because they are ineffective. You might try using your head on the subject: when was the last time we had either a Flu pandemic or epidemic in the US when *anyone* recommended the general population wear face masks to keep the spread of Flu viruses down? If you cannot think of a time, that's because it never happened. If face masks aren't political hogwash pushed by the (D) party--then what are they? They are surely not scientific! Trust a (D) to automatically believe the hogwash like in the article you linked below. They seem like gullible fools to me, honestly.

Actually, current thought is that mask also protects the wearer:

But now, there’s mounting evidence that masks also protect you.

If you’re unlucky enough to encounter an infectious person, wearing any kind of face covering will reduce the amount of virus that your body will take in.

As it turns out, that’s pretty important. Breathing in a small amount of virus may lead to no disease or far more mild infection. But inhaling a huge volume of virus particles can result in serious disease or death.

Viruses (.3 microns) aren't typically floating around free. They're usually inside water droplets, which are much bigger. A couple layers of high-threadcount cotton will capture a lot of those, reducing the viral load you intake.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 29, 2020, 14:48
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 14:48
Jul 29, 2020, 14:48

TX Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert tested positive for Coronavirus, wasn't masked with Barr yesterday. Fingers Xd.

Live IQ Testing in Progress.

Jul 29, 2020, 14:29
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 14:29
Jul 29, 2020, 14:29

You might try using your head on the subject: when was the last time we had either a Flu pandemic or epidemic in the US when *anyone* recommended the general population wear face masks to keep the spread of Flu viruses down? If you cannot think of a time, that's because it never happened.

The Spanish Flu... which was also the last epidemic of this size that we had in this country.
And then, just like now, we had crazy people like you who said the whole thing was some sort of scam as people died.

Jul 29, 2020, 12:05
Beamer

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 12:05
 Beamer

The trumps New Favorite COVID Doctor Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine

Trump had nothing to do with the doctors' presentation--nothing--sometimes I think liberals have rocks for brains..;) Way to make fun of an immigrant minority doctor, RedEye9--so much for "progressive" values, eh? How hypocritical. Too bad you can't smear the other twelve physicians in the presentation the same way, eh? Hypocrites 'R US = Democrat party . Ugh.

BTW, even the Surgeon General said just last week that the data he has, and shares with the CDC, shows that face masks do not protect the wearer or anyone else from viral infections. Viral particles are simply too small to be hindered by a face mask. You know--the same thing Fauci, Birx, the CDC, and the SG were saying as late as March--that face masks are not recommended because they are ineffective. You might try using your head on the subject: when was the last time we had either a Flu pandemic or epidemic in the US when *anyone* recommended the general population wear face masks to keep the spread of Flu viruses down? If you cannot think of a time, that's because it never happened. If face masks aren't political hogwash pushed by the (D) party--then what are they? They are surely not scientific! Trust a (D) to automatically believe the hogwash like in the article you linked below. They seem like gullible fools to me, honestly.

You'll never return, but the Surgeon General did not say that last week, as on 7/12 he said masks are absolutely necessary, the masks very clearly prevent spread in ways that should be common sense, and of course Trump matters to the story of the Demon Sperm doctors because no one would know they exist had he not retweeted their video and called them excellent sources of information.

Walt, why do you always post fake news?

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 12:05

Sinclair Broadcast Group recently published an online interview with a conspiracy theorist who claimed that Dr. Anthony Fauci created the coronavirus using monkey cells. Sinclair — which operates almost 200 television stations — has also run segments downplaying the severity of the virus.

Fox News has repeatedly run segments promoting ideas that scientists consider false or that question the seriousness of the virus.

Breitbart published a video this week in which a group of doctors claimed that masks were unnecessary and that the drug hydroxychloroquine cured the virus. It received 14 million views in six hours on Facebook, my colleague Kevin Roose reports. (President Trump tweeted a link to it.)

Why is the U.S. enduring a far more severe virus outbreak than any other rich country?

There are multiple causes, but one of them is the size and strength of right-wing media organizations that frequently broadcast falsehoods. The result is confusion among many Americans about scientific facts that are widely accepted, across the political spectrum, in other countries.

Canada, Japan and much of Europe have no equivalent to Sinclair — whose local newscasts reach about 40 percent of Americans — or Fox News. Germany and France have widely read blogs that promote conspiracy theories. “But none of them have the reach and the funding of Fox or Sinclair,” Monika Pronczuk, a Times reporter based in Europe, told me.

Fox is particularly important, because it has also influenced President Trump’s response to the virus, which has been slower and less consistent than that of many other world leaders. “Trump repeatedly failed to act to tame the spread, even though that would have helped him politically,” The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent has written. The headline on Sargent’s opinion column is: “How Fox News may be destroying Trump’s re-election hopes.”

Another factor creating confusion: The lack of an aggressive response to virus misinformation from Facebook and YouTube. Judd Legum, author of the Popular Information newsletter, has identified some of this misinformation, and the two companies have responded by removing the posts he cited. But Legum told me he had pointed out only a small fraction of the false information, and the companies had done relatively little to remove it proactively.

Twitter took a slightly more aggressive step yesterday, putting temporary limits on the account of Donald Trump Jr. after he shared the false Breitbart video.
src

Jul 29, 2020, 11:04
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 11:04
Jul 29, 2020, 11:04

Trump had nothing to do with the doctors' presentation--nothing--sometimes I think liberals have rocks for brains..;)

Trump has publicly promoted the doctor and her views on hydroxchloroquine both on Twitter and at his Covid press conference yesterday afternoon. Sometimes I think WaltC is cognitively disabled.

Jul 29, 2020, 10:42
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 10:42
Jul 29, 2020, 10:42

NKD wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 06:24:

So just like the rest of his supporters.
Yep

Jul 29, 2020, 09:49
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 09:49
Jul 29, 2020, 09:49

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

Jul 29, 2020, 09:29
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 09:29
Jul 29, 2020, 09:29

In other news:
Hundreds of elephants have died because of Covid19.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jul 29, 2020, 08:58
Beamer

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 08:58
Jul 29, 2020, 08:58
 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2020, 00:26:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 23:54:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 20:22:
Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 20:15:
Can someone explain to Cutter that a conservative democrat is still liberal?
Per Pew, 87% of black voters lean Democrat, while only 7% lean Republican.

It's not worth it. He'll just be right again!

Conservative liberal? The stupidity never ends with that little troll. Why do you keep feeding him? That's not why blacks vote democrat. Jesus, it's in the article. And there's zero shortage of other information on the subject all easy to find out there. 70% of blacks identify as conservatives and moderates, not democrats, you fucking tools. Is English your second language or are you just obtuse?

Your confusion likely stems from the word "liberal" and how it has many different meanings depending on the context. The survey you linked was about Democrats... in the U.S. "liberals".
In the U.S. voting African-Americans are typically socially-conservative due to the strong link with churches and voting... as you pointed out they likely wouldn't support a gay candidate because of religious reasons. But that same community is economically-liberal...
But back to Beamers point... where liberal = Democrat and conservative = Republican.. African Americans are overwhelmingly "liberal". But they're socially conservative / moderate Democrats often.

Yup. On the spectrum, they're more right than white Democrats on average, but they're still voting democrat, which means they're still liberal. Less liberal than some, but still voting liberal policies.

Nuance is lost on the man that thinks he's right about everything he's never experienced

Jul 29, 2020, 06:24
NKD
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 06:24
Jul 29, 2020, 06:24
NKD

So just like the rest of his supporters.
Thou art an artless, greasy tallow-catch.

Jul 29, 2020, 05:52
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 05:52
Jul 29, 2020, 05:52

Jul 29, 2020, 00:26
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2020, 00:26
Jul 29, 2020, 00:26

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 23:54:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 20:22:

Conservative liberal? The stupidity never ends with that little troll. Why do you keep feeding him? That's not why blacks vote democrat. Jesus, it's in the article. And there's zero shortage of other information on the subject all easy to find out there. 70% of blacks identify as conservatives and moderates, not democrats, you fucking tools. Is English your second language or are you just obtuse?

Your confusion likely stems from the word "liberal" and how it has many different meanings depending on the context. The survey you linked was about Democrats... in the U.S. "liberals".
In the U.S. voting African-Americans are typically socially-conservative due to the strong link with churches and voting... as you pointed out they likely wouldn't support a gay candidate because of religious reasons. But that same community is economically-liberal...
But back to Beamers point... where liberal = Democrat and conservative = Republican.. African Americans are overwhelmingly "liberal". But they're socially conservative / moderate Democrats often.

removed
Jul 28, 2020, 23:54
Cutter

removed Jul 28, 2020, 23:54
Jul 28, 2020, 23:54
 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 29, 2020, 01:03.
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill

Jul 28, 2020, 22:56
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2020, 22:56
Jul 28, 2020, 22:56

wtf_man wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 18:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 18:44:
There are many different styles of masks. Do not wear ones with an exhaust valve, whether it be a normal cloth mask or an n95 mask.

There are still shortages of PPE for healthcare providers. Do not purchase n95 masks for yourself because they do more good in the hands of medical personnel.

Actually, until you posted this and I looked it up... I had no idea that there were N-95's without a valve... I thought they all had one as part of the "standard".
I only have ones with the valve lying around... I don't use them because of the articles I mentioned. I just use a cloth mask.

So I went to visit my doctor last week, and he had on an N-95 mask with a valve. Over that, he wore a surgical mask, which covered the valve. That's something you could try with your valved masks.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 28, 2020, 22:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2020, 22:55
Jul 28, 2020, 22:55

wtf_man wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 18:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2020, 17:50:
Actually, not period. The most recent thought is that a mask offers some protection to the wearer, in addition to preventing spread. And if you're wearing an N-95 mask, you're definitely getting protected.

Your link goes to some article about "Fauci baseball card" and a few other headlines say nothing about mask protection.

That said... I'll concede to preface my statement with "until recently", since there is apparently some new completely conflicting info... as usual. .
That doesn't change the fact that we were barraged for the last several months (media and medical professionals) that Masks do not prevent catching covid.
Sorry, here's the correct story.

As for N-95... there have been articles saying don't wear those because the valve lets the droplets go further.

So which is it?

Wear an N-95 and spew more on folks?
or
Wear an N-95 and protect yourself more?
Yes, you'd have to wear a valveless N95 mask, which are pretty common.

And everyone wonders why people are getting pissed over this whole thing. The info keeps changing.
That's how science works, especially in an emerging situation like this one. You make a recommendation based on the evidence, you get new evidence, then you make a new recommendation based on the new evidence.

Jul 28, 2020, 20:22
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2020, 20:22
Jul 28, 2020, 20:22

Jul 28, 2020, 20:15
Beamer

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2020, 20:15
Jul 28, 2020, 20:15
 Beamer

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older