Out of the Blue

I'm a little bummed today, as this was supposed to be the day I got my final implants from the Dentist, but this has been postponed. Apparently the lab is a little overwhelmed by all the work that's flooded in, so I got a call pushing things back. It's just a two-week setback, but I was so ready to be done with these clunky temporary teeth after well over six months that I was counting the hours to today's appointment. I'll just have to deal with this, but if there turns out to be another delay I'm going to track someone down and give them a gumming they'll never forget.

Gummy Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Science

Media

Follow-up

View : : :
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 15, 2020, 17:27
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 17:27
Jul 15, 2020, 17:27

Hey Cutter, I worked for Lowes and Home Depot and they don't use poisons like that in their stores (at least not here in the US and would assume the same in Canada), they use the boxes that trap them inside due to say for example a mother came in the store carrying a child and set the child on the floor and the floor would eat it scenarios. Also they use 3rd party companies to do this not the stores directly. Next time you go look around on the floor look for the traps. Google Ecolabs Mouse Traps and check the pictures so ya know what to look for. ALSO make sure to scrub the shit out of anything the rodent came in contact with, it may have not been poison that killed him.

Jul 15, 2020, 16:57
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 16:57
Jul 15, 2020, 16:57

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 15:00:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 14:02:
It has been time to kill the penny for a very long time. They should kill paper one dollar bills at the same time. Doing both at the same time is actually useful, the penny slot in cash drawers can be swapped to be for dollar coins. It is such as win the fact it hasn't happened yet is barely short of being criminal...
"But he kept facing resistance — for example, from the speaker of the House at the time, Dennis Hastert, who represented a district in Illinois, the home state of Abraham Lincoln."
↑↑↑ As long as we have asinine shit like the above ↑↑↑, we will have the Penny forever.
As someone who has lived in Illinois since 1974 (minus my time in the USAF) let me say, Dennis Hastert is an ass and that reasoning is complete hogwash.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
Jul 15, 2020, 15:49
 Cutter

PhysicalEd wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 15:35:
Cutter, good for you for the attempt. You can't know it wouldn't have worked.

I know someone whose dog got into rat poison. Luckily they found out quickly and were able to save him, but it was a long slow process. In his case it was Warfarin so he had internal bleeding, and after treatment was very susceptible to bruising, so he was not allowed to play or roughhouse for quite some time. Tell a young Lab not to play! The mouse probably also ate warfarin, the internal bleeding would probably make the little guy dehydrated.

The worst are the cyanide traps they put out for coyotes in the West. They routinely kill people's dogs attracted to the bait, and a child was nearly killed by one. Don't research the topic unless you want to have a stroke from anger.

Blue, I gotta love your sense of humor over such a disappointment! I hope they can do it before they have to shut everything down again!

Thanks. I did shoot off an email to Lowes about this. Asked them to stop using it in their stores - and to stop selling it and glue traps - and stop being so fucking cheap and use ultrasonics instead. And I did take the poor little guy to a vet up the road and they agreed to cremate him. Couldn't risk burying him outside and possibly cause some other animals harm and I didn't have the heart to just throw him in the trash. He was a cute little fella. Didn't deserve that. Wish he made it. He would have liked it here. Protection, shelter and plenty of food.

"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Jul 15, 2020, 15:35
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 15:35
Jul 15, 2020, 15:35

Cutter, good for you for the attempt. You can't know it wouldn't have worked.

I know someone whose dog got into rat poison. Luckily they found out quickly and were able to save him, but it was a long slow process. In his case it was Warfarin so he had internal bleeding, and after treatment was very susceptible to bruising, so he was not allowed to play or roughhouse for quite some time. Tell a young Lab not to play! The mouse probably also ate warfarin, the internal bleeding would probably make the little guy dehydrated.

The worst are the cyanide traps they put out for coyotes in the West. They routinely kill people's dogs attracted to the bait, and a child was nearly killed by one. Don't research the topic unless you want to have a stroke from anger.

Blue, I gotta love your sense of humor over such a disappointment! I hope they can do it before they have to shut everything down again!

Jul 15, 2020, 15:00
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 15:00
Jul 15, 2020, 15:00

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 14:02:
It has been time to kill the penny for a very long time. They should kill paper one dollar bills at the same time. Doing both at the same time is actually useful, the penny slot in cash drawers can be swapped to be for dollar coins. It is such as win the fact it hasn't happened yet is barely short of being criminal...

"But he kept facing resistance — for example, from the speaker of the House at the time, Dennis Hastert, who represented a district in Illinois, the home state of Abraham Lincoln."
↑↑↑ As long as we have asinine shit like the above ↑↑↑, we will have the Penny forever.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Jul 15, 2020, 14:02
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 14:02
Jul 15, 2020, 14:02

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Jul 15, 2020, 12:30
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 12:30
Jul 15, 2020, 12:30

Reminds me that I gotta put out more TomCat Rodenticide blocks in the shed, under the house, in the chase, storage, and barn.

Blue, does the dentist require a recent COVID-19 screen before digging around in your mouth?
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:28
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 12:28
Jul 15, 2020, 12:28

Comets are fake. Just a fake story created by libtards. To take our guns.
I was in the Air Force 30 years ago. The bases had done away with pennies. 30 years ago.

Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
Jul 15, 2020, 11:48
 Cutter

Yeah, I dunno that little deer was playing so much as trying to club them to death. Other animals were definitely having fun.

Speaking of which. I was in Lowes yesterday when I came across a poor little mouse in the middle of the floor. He was disoriented and needed help so I took him home. It became apparent fairly quick that he had eaten poison. I called a vet and wildlife rescue and they said the best they could do was to euthanize him. I gave him water through a eyedropper and the poor little thing was parched. He grabbed it with his little paws and drank a ton. He's sleep than stagger around a bit and sleep some more. Finally about 11pm last night he succumbed. It was pretty heartbreaking. I wonder if I just didn't prolong his suffering and should have just took him to be put down. It was well intentioned but we all know what the road to Hell is paved with. And I suppose if I was dying from poison or some other slow and painful way I'd appreciate that mercy. I really though he might pull through though. Damn.

So I'm going to take his remains to a vet now to see if they can safely dispose of him as it's dangerous to other animals if they come across his remains. They so need to get ban of animal poison and glue traps - anyone who uses the latter especially is a literal fucking monster IMO. They're just really cruel and inhumane. If you're too lazy to live trap and relocate an animal hire someone to do it. Barring they say the best lethal traps are the ones that electrocute. Better still use ultrasonics to keep them away. They work. The only reason animals come into houses is looking for food. If more people would plant fruit and nut trees and shrubs everywhere it wouldn't be an issue to begin with. I'm going to fire off an email to Lowes about this as well. Poor little fella'.

Sad

P.S. If you don't want to be absolutely infuriated never go to PETAs website and look at their action alerts about cruelty to animals. I watched a few of those and it's been a long time since I've literally wanted to kill some sick motherfuckers but some of those assholes I would gladly dispatch. You see shit like that and you realize, 'No, we can't all get along because there are some seriously sick motherfuckers in this world that desperately need to be culled from the gene pool for the good of other life, if not on general principle alone.'

Re: Is It Time To Kill The Penny?
Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
Cutter

Re: Is It Time To Kill The Penny? Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
Jul 15, 2020, 11:26
 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:17:
It is...and a price should be rounded down, not up, to the nearest nickle.

I cannot remember the last time I spent a penny. Either by itself or as part of mixed change. When I rarely get change, I just throw it in the jar when I get home. After a decade or so, I'll take it all to the bank and deposit it.

**Cue the "I use pennies ALL the time" contrarians**

We got rid of the penny eight years ago and it's great. It does round up on 3 or higher but rounds down on 2 or lower. So it all comes out in the wash. However you still pay the exact amount if using debit or credit. I have several pennies in my change jar and they're all American.

Is It Time To Kill The Penny?
Jul 15, 2020, 11:17
Is It Time To Kill The Penny? Jul 15, 2020, 11:17
Jul 15, 2020, 11:17

It is...and a price should be rounded down, not up, to the nearest nickle.

I cannot remember the last time I spent a penny. Either by itself or as part of mixed change. When I rarely get change, I just throw it in the jar when I get home. After a decade or so, I'll take it all to the bank and deposit it.

**Cue the "I use pennies ALL the time" contrarians**
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older