38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jul 30, 2020, 17:52
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2020, 17:52
Jul 30, 2020, 17:52

This is what a Day Off in k. Conway's world looks like.
One of the better SNL skits before the trump virus struck.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Jul 30, 2020, 17:46
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2020, 17:46
Jul 30, 2020, 17:46

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 17:36:
Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 07:41:
Jonjonz wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 06:46:
The thing I find most vile about twitch and social media in general, is they pretty much legitimize and nurture adults taking advantage of children in myriad ways. The saddest thing is that there are so many parents who just don't give a whit who their children engage with.

Did you see Kelly Anne Conway's kid's ticktock?
They made her delete it.
Claudia's grounding is over and she got her phone back.
"George Conway's daughter returned to Twitter with a bang — encouraging her followers to vote and asking AOC to adopt her"
There are two intelligent beings in the Conway household and kellyanne is the odd one out.

I think Kellyanne is actually pretty damn smart. She's doing her job. She hasn't been fired like almost everyone else that started out with this administration.
Very resilient, very effective... it's a shit job and it causes questioning of her morals... but she does it great.
Like you could think that criminal defense lawyers or vulture capitalists are scum... but there are still experts who stand head and shoulders above the others in those careers.
Kellyanne is just really really good slinging the bullshit, her and Trump work well together in that regard.

Jul 30, 2020, 17:36
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2020, 17:36
Jul 30, 2020, 17:36

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 07:41:
Jonjonz wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 06:46:
The thing I find most vile about twitch and social media in general, is they pretty much legitimize and nurture adults taking advantage of children in myriad ways. The saddest thing is that there are so many parents who just don't give a whit who their children engage with.

Did you see Kelly Anne Conway's kid's ticktock?
They made her delete it.
Claudia's grounding is over and she got her phone back.
"George Conway's daughter returned to Twitter with a bang — encouraging her followers to vote and asking AOC to adopt her"
There are two intelligent beings in the Conway household and kellyanne is the odd one out.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.

Jul 16, 2020, 16:15
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2020, 16:15
Jul 16, 2020, 16:15

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:28:
Also, it's weird how we have people on this site that say things like "liberal tears" and "owning the libs."

I don't think there's any liberal version of this, right? Any version that seems to base policy on hurting the other side rather than what it actually does? That seems to base their beliefs on who it offends, rather than whether it makes the country (and the world) a better place.

Don't forget that the insult "snowflake" was coined by the right to refer to people protesting racist or sexist language, among other things.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 16, 2020, 01:04
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2020, 01:04
Jul 16, 2020, 01:04

Who's a good dog then....
https://streamable.com/dl45h2
Don't like Federal Law Enforcement in your city?

Have you tried NOT burning and looting to see if that helps?

Jul 15, 2020, 17:40
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 17:40
Jul 15, 2020, 17:40

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 14:03:
I mean, but do they respect authority?

If Trump had told them to wear masks at the outset, they would absolutely have done so. There would have been beefy guys with AR-15s and camo gear in actual gas masks outside every store to protect decent hard-working Americans from those work-shy mask-refusing liberal snowflakes. I guarantee it.

The problem Trump supporters have with high-profile doctors (and scientists in general, though the left has its own special problems with science at times) is that doctors and scientists don't respect the chain of command. They'll just flat out say you're wrong if that's what the best evidence suggests, and authoritarians don't know what to make of that. You're not supposed to be able to become an authority just by studying a lot of books and test-tubes; authority is something you're supposed to be invested with by the people's trust.

Evidence and theories and statistics are one thing, but the fact is, you're not supposed to undermine the leader, because faith in the leader, faith in the chain of command, is what holds the world together. Anyone who would do something like that is clearly disloyal at the best of times, let alone during a crisis when authoritarians look to their leader more than ever.

So when Trump says C19 is a Democrat hoax and an epidemiological expert contradicts him, that's a de facto challenge to Trump's authority - which means it must be political. It must be a power-play. To consider the alternative - that Trump was (as usual) blithely, confidently, ruinously wrong and was always unworthy of the faith invested in him - is not just unpalatable but disloyal and treasonous.

Jul 15, 2020, 16:13
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 16:13
Jul 15, 2020, 16:13

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 14:05:
*REMOVED*
I'm pretty sure "thou shalt be a hypocrite" is one of the 10 commandments, right after "thou shalt feign oppression and discrimination at every opportunity".

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2020, 08:58.

removed
Jul 15, 2020, 14:05
removed Jul 15, 2020, 14:05
Jul 15, 2020, 14:05

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 16, 2020, 08:49.

Jul 15, 2020, 14:03
Beamer

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 14:03
Jul 15, 2020, 14:03
 Beamer

Peeeling wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 12:46:
[
Even leaving religion out of it, conservatives think about things differently. They respect discipline and authority, which are two sides of the same coin: discipline in its transitive form is the willingness to be cruel in order to keep someone on a safe, well-trodden path, and respect for authority is the willingness to accept that cruelty in the spirit it is intended.

I mean, but do they respect authority? They respect their own authority, but I think this whole mask issue proves they don't respect any other authority.

Jul 15, 2020, 14:00
Beamer

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 14:00
Jul 15, 2020, 14:00
 Beamer

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 13:49:
Lots of Christians live their lives peacefully without telling young people they're going to hell. I live amongst a bunch of them, so please don't think this is the norm for Christians.

As an aside, a lot of them are Trump supporters too; ones who don't neatly fit into your closed minded definition of them. I'm not one of them by any means, but a lot of you need a bit of welcoming to reality.

I don't. Even our resident deepest Christian, kxmode, is generally very tolerant and has a live and let live approach.

But, somehow, the evangelical arm, the most socially reprehensible, managed to entwine itself with "conservatism," to the point that people feel that saying something homophobic is "conservative."
If I recall, you're from NJ originally. So are some of my most die hard Catholic/Republican friends. All of them are strongly questioning if they want to remain with the party due to these issues. They don't feel it represents them anymore. At this point, moderate Democrats represent northern conservatism better than the GOP. It all ties back to the evangelicals.

Jul 15, 2020, 13:53
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 13:53
Jul 15, 2020, 13:53

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 13:49:
Lots of Christians live their lives peacefully without telling young people they're going to hell. I live amongst a bunch of them, so please don't think this is the norm for Christians.

There are actually multiple churches holding services on Twitch with no issue... which is what made Cutter's post so out of step with reality.
The issue with this particular guy is that he was harassing a kid in Fortnite. Not a viewer who voluntarily came to the channel to hear his religious views, but rather just a kid that by pure random luck was matched with him in game... and this streamer is harassing him to produce content for his viewers.
So Twitch banned him for a few weeks, not permanently... find another way to entertain/inform your viewers.

Also, more in step with your post, yeah my parents and their friends are some of the biggest liberals around... they're church-going, loving, Christians.
I'm not religious myself, but Jesus the humanitarian is one of the most progressive people to ever walk this earth. Labor movements throughout this hemisphere have often been led by the religious, MLK (a reverend) and Chavez come to mind. Love your fellow man.

Jul 15, 2020, 13:49
Prez

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 13:49
Jul 15, 2020, 13:49
 Prez

As an aside, a lot of them are Trump supporters too; ones who don't neatly fit into your closed minded definition of them. I'm not one of them by any means, but a lot of you need a bit of welcoming to reality.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 15, 2020, 13:41
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 13:41
Jul 15, 2020, 13:41

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 05:00:
I wish all the hate-filled Trump supporters would just get together and move to some deserted island to start their own country called Ignorantica where they can fly all their confederate flags and spout their ridiculous, many-times-debunked conspiracy theories and collectively hate everything while the rest of the world collectively forgets about them and gets on with human progress. Brood
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Jul 15, 2020, 13:38
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 13:38
Jul 15, 2020, 13:38

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 01:25:
Elvis wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 22:55:
Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2020, 21:05:
Interesting. Prior to the recent LGBTQ ruling by SCOTUS I would have said he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Now? It would seem the Left has painted themselves into a corner. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Twitch simply can't say you can't engage in religion on their platform as that's discriminatory. Not to mention that this jeopardizes their Safe Harbor status because that constitutes editorializing. They allow people to use their platform for LGBTQ, BLM, etc. It's an all or nothing affair. They should have been smart and left him alone. Just push his channel down to the bottom of the list/make him near impossible to find unless you're searching for him specifically by name. The virtual equivalent of benching someone. I suspect that these services will do exactly that going forward.

What a steaming pile of nonsense! painted into a corner, jeopardize their Safe Harbor status

Thank you for the painfully long Tuesday LOL at your ignorant threats and doofus contrasts with LGBTQ and BLM activism on Twitch.

Twitch banned Doktor Fake Ass Victim for the same reason they banned the President of the United States, along with 25000 other channels, but please whine about censorship on a private platform where the CEO recently stated "It’s very explicitly not a free speech platform".
Good Grief.

You have to remember that Cutter does not read the articles just the headlines.

No, I read them. Idiots like you and him are simply too fucking stupid to understand them or what I'm saying. You need to have at least half a brain and beyond a grade school education to do that.

Well if you read the article why did you make a post centered around: "Twitch simply can't say you can't engage in religion"
even though that's not what happened?

Jul 15, 2020, 12:46
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 12:46
Jul 15, 2020, 12:46

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 12:26:
Most Western nations aren't overly Christian anymore. And it's weird how conservatism has been co-opted with Christianity here.

I think there's a reasonable inference of overlap in this case.

Also weird how imposing your religious beliefs on others is ok, but telling someone it's homophobic to think two gay people should(n't) be allowed to marry isn't.

That's just it, though: conservatives are complaining that it is currently permissible to condemn someone as homophobic to encourage them to change, but not to proselytise.

No one is asking Christians to marry someone of the same sex, or asking churches to do it, but many Christians fight to keep it outlawed.

Because they believe it's the right thing to do, and they don't agree with the moral utilitarianism mathematics that tells you they're wrong to do so.

Honestly, I think being called a homophobe, and being able to change, is better than being told that you're going to burn in hell, or that 9/11 was God's punishment on the country for your existence.

Maybe, but for some people that change is a pretty big deal. If you're worried about hell and you think you've got avoiding it figured out, it can be a big ask to just toss that aside.
Even leaving religion out of it, conservatives think about things differently. They respect discipline and authority, which are two sides of the same coin: discipline in its transitive form is the willingness to be cruel in order to keep someone on a safe, well-trodden path, and respect for authority is the willingness to accept that cruelty in the spirit it is intended. That's just how some people work. It's hard to be told that the path isn't terribly important or that the cruelty or threats of cruelty that kept you on it were misguided. In some cases, maybe as hard as being told that your attraction to members of the same sex is misguided.

I'm not saying bigotry is right. I'm saying it can be understood without necessarily lumping everyone in with Hitler.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2020, 13:08.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:38
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 12:38
Jul 15, 2020, 12:38

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:24:
WaltC wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 09:42:

To view this user's posts click on the username.

This might be the most ridiculous thing ever posted on Bluesnews. Trump Supporters are defined by their hate and violence; what world are you living in, exactly? Trump supporters have been openly spewing hate since the build up to the 2016 election. They have no respect, from the actual President, down to the unemployed trailer park resident on welfare, for anyone of another race or creed. In addition to actually attacking other Americans physically, Trump supporters constantly preach violence or insults on every form of social media. You have years of evidence of this. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Does that mean they are the only angry or even violent people in the US? No, of course not. But saying Trump supporters aren't at least as, if not more guilty than whatever 'left' outliers you are thinking of, is patently false.

You obviously don't watch enough Cucker Tarlson on Faux Noise.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:26
Beamer

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 12:26
Jul 15, 2020, 12:26
 Beamer

Peeeling wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:48:
Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 10:58:
It's weird. I keep hearing how conservatives are censored, but I've yet to see anyone "censored" for wanting to be taxed less or believing in reduced federal government.

In fairness, I can appreciate why some conservatives feel that way. The left would like to believe there's no ambiguity: if you're gay or trans or whatever, that's what you are, and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone you shouldn't be treated differently. Which is a completely reasonable, watertight argument from the perspective of a moral utilitarian.

What's equally inarguable is that being (say) a Christian brought up to believe that homosexuality is a sin or that failing to accept Jesus puts your immortal soul in peril, or even someone raised to believe in the superiority of a particular ethnic group, can be every bit as core to someone's identity as being gay or trans. Being told you can't express yourself because a utilitarian morality you don't agree with says so is inevitably going to feel like censorship. Why should they be able to publicly condemn me but not the other way around?

Personally, I think the reason the left has developed an image problem, and why it's losing the battle in more and more Western countries, is that it's looked at the two sides of the conflict as outlined above and decided "Well, according to our rules, we're the good guys and they're the bad guys, so we get to be mean to them" rather than focusing on finding effective ways to convert people to the cause. Which failure has led to more and more ideological purification, infighting and ineffectiveness.

Most Western nations aren't overly Christian anymore.
And it's weird how conservatism has been co-opted with Christianity here. Also weird how imposing your religious beliefs on others is ok, but telling someone it's homophobic to think two gay people should be allowed to marry isn't. No one is asking Christians to marry someone of the same sex, or asking churches to do it, but many Christians fight to keep it outlawed.

Honestly, I think being called a homophobe, and being able to change, is better than being told that you're going to burn in hell, or that 9/11 was God's punishment on the country for your existence.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:12
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 12:12
Jul 15, 2020, 12:12

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:59:
I guess you missed the liberal mobs out there over the last several weeks rioting, burning, destroying, and looting private property.

I don't often resort to memes, but:

https://149391556.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/IMG_2987.jpg

If you want people to limit themselves to protesting peacefully, one option is to actually DO SOMETHING in response to the peaceful protests.

Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
Cutter

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
Jul 15, 2020, 11:59
 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 11:24:
WaltC wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 09:42:
sliv wrote on Jul 15, 2020, 09:20:

I'm sorry, who's hating who here?

Yes--it's weird. Only hate I see anywhere comes from the left. If you don't think like they do, they hate you. Those people have unimaginable quantities of hate stored up...;)They call names--constantly--they censor and they ban--and besides all of that--they actually believe their narrow-minded guff is A-OK...;) It's like they never heard of "free speech" and "respecting the other guy's opinion even if you don't agree." People who aren't Christians think they know more about Christianity than the people who practice it. People who have no problem apparently with some religions cutting off heads, or BLM looting and pillaging with wild abandon, flip out at someone preaching a Christian gospel. You nailed it--there's more intolerance and bigotry today than I have ever seen--and very little of it comes from Trump supporters, imo.

This might be the most ridiculous thing ever posted on Bluesnews. Trump Supporters are defined by their hate and violence; what world are you living in, exactly? Trump supporters have been openly spewing hate since the build up to the 2016 election. They have no respect, from the actual President, down to the unemployed trailer park resident on welfare, for anyone of another race or creed. In addition to actually attacking other Americans physically, Trump supporters constantly preach violence or insults on every form of social media. You have years of evidence of this. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Does that mean they are the only angry or even violent people in the US? No, of course not. But saying Trump supporters aren't at least as, if not more guilty than whatever 'left' outliers you are thinking of, is patently false.

I guess you missed the liberal mobs out there over the last several weeks rioting, burning, destroying, and looting private property. Not to mention all the assaults and murders they've committed. Yeah, the left are just pure as the driven snow. Are you ever not the victims in something? Rolleyes
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill

removed
Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
Cutter

removed Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
Jul 15, 2020, 11:55
 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 16, 2020, 08:51.
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older