Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
Beamer

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
 Beamer

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 13:40:
Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:47:
Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:12:
Beamer said something that got removed? I'm not sure if I ever saw that before.

I made a reference to a certain Bluesnews poster that's made all the same comments this guy did, haha.

Oh. That's removable now? I guess I missed some things.

It was poking the bear and not going to lead to productive conversation, so it was likely a judgment call rather than a flat out rule break, but a reasonable judgment call.

Re: etc., etc.
Jul 11, 2020, 13:40
Prez

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 13:40
Jul 11, 2020, 13:40
 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:47:

I made a reference to a certain Bluesnews poster that's made all the same comments this guy did, haha.

Oh. That's removable now? I guess I missed some things.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
Beamer

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
 Beamer

Jul 11, 2020, 12:24
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 12:24
Jul 11, 2020, 12:24

Solemn-Philosopher wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 11:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 11:38:
You are right, it'd be nice if people all around de-escalated. Please inform the police to stop treating the people they ostensibly exist to protect as the enemy, killing and assaulting them at will. I'm sure somebody, somewhere, who supports BLM also supports Farrakhan, but it seems disingenuous to say he's in any way connected with the majority( or even 'many' as you say) of BLM supporters. Farrakhan is old enough that I doubt most BLM protesters even really know who he is. Antisemitism seems to be a problem all over right now, I'll agree to that. Unfortunately it seems to crop up any time people are pissed off; traditional group to irrationally blame? However you, and TenNapel, are making the same prejudiced mistake that seems to be occurring quite often, sometimes deliberately: confusing the actions of some statistically insignifcant portion of violent rioters with what has been an overwhelmingly non-violent (on the protestor side) movement. I know, it's human to have a hard time to separate individuals from a group, mentally, but it's something everyone has to work on, so you don't end up judging many by the actions of a few. It's easy to get confused by this last bit, as right wing media loves to focus on an individual bad actor and claim all the millions of protestors across the country are the same way.

As far as TeNapel, anyone who calls Covid19 "fake"at this point should be seen as somebody who has lost touch with reality. TenNapel also seems to ignore overwhelming evidence of systemic racism in the United States, but once again, he's ignoring reality.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you and I welcome some clarification. However, it seems to me that in the first part of your post you are doing the very thing you are criticizing in the latter part of your post. That is, you are assuming all police are bad rather than a smaller subsection (which definitely exists and is a problem).

Well, you incorrectly interpreted me as saying "all police" but yes I could probably have stated that better. However the data we have backs up the interpretation that the police, in general, are overly mlitarized and excessively violent in the US, compared to other developed nations. Whatever percentage of 'good' police there are, refuse to cross the blue line or speak out against their coworkers, either for fear of their jobs or even personal safety. Also, when you have the police unions or conservative media, or even the president of the United States publicly encouraging the police to be violent, it would seem to indicate a massive problem, that the police nation wide have to recognize, and that citizens of this country who suffer under their brutality have known their entire lives. We have decades of recorded history for most police departments across the country, of excessive violence and racism. It's not a 'few bad apples,' if we were even going to incorrectly use that analogy here anyway. Systemic, top to bottom issues, for almost every police department acros the country indicates a majority of police are the problem. Anyway, as long as you recognize that at least SOME police are part of the problem, you can see how there is a need for reform, of training and procedure, and potentially civilian oversight of police behavior. I would say the solution to these problems is going to be difficult and probably complex, but that doesn't mean society shouldn't try to fix these problems. The first step seems to be at least getting the majority of the nation to admit/recognize there are problems in the first place. Unfortunately the only thing that has drawn any real attention to these problems are these nationwide protests. *shrugs*

Jul 11, 2020, 12:12
Prez

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 12:12
Jul 11, 2020, 12:12
 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 11, 2020, 11:50
Cutter

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 11:50
Jul 11, 2020, 11:50
 Cutter

Apart from his calling Covid a hoax I don't see any other problem with what he said. Just a bunch of liberals QQ'ing as usual over some inconvenient facts and truths that don't fit the liberal narrative.
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill

Jul 11, 2020, 11:49
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 11:49
Jul 11, 2020, 11:49

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 11:38:
You are right, it'd be nice if people all around de-escalated. Please inform the police to stop treating the people they ostensibly exist to protect as the enemy, killing and assaulting them at will.

However you, and TenNapel, are making the same prejudiced mistake that seems to be occurring quite often, sometimes deliberately: confusing the actions of some statistically insignifcant portion of violent rioters with what has been an overwhelmingly non-violent (on the protestor side) movement.

I know, it's human to have a hard time to separate individuals from a group, mentally, but it's something everyone has to work on, so you don't end up judging many by the actions of a few. It's easy to get confused by this last bit, as right wing media loves to focus on an individual bad actor and claim all the millions of protestors across the country are the same way.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you and I welcome some clarification. However, it seems to me that in the first part of your post you are doing the very thing you are criticizing in the latter part of your post. That is, you are assuming all police are bad rather than a smaller subsection (which definitely exists and is a problem).

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2020, 12:23.
"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

Jul 11, 2020, 11:38
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 11:38
Jul 11, 2020, 11:38

ududy wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 04:29:
TenNapel could be wiser, humbler and more humane in his criticism of others. No doubt about that. But he's also motivated from seeing some obviously dark sides to the phenomena discussed - if you can't see any you are blinder than him. BLM, for example, is a movement ripe with racism. Farrakhan is a hero of many of the people swearing by BLM (sorry for any generalizations, I'm sure there are many there who aren't fans), and he is an unabashed antisemite who operates freely on social media. People everywhere need to de-escalate themselves and stop demonizing other people - whether they are cops, black, white, christian or homosexual.

You are right, it'd be nice if people all around de-escalated. Please inform the police to stop treating the people they ostensibly exist to protect as the enemy, killing and assaulting them at will. I'm sure somebody, somewhere, who supports BLM also supports Farrakhan, but it seems disingenuous to say he's in any way connected with the majority( or even 'many' as you say) of BLM supporters. Farrakhan is old enough that I doubt most BLM protesters even really know who he is. Antisemitism seems to be a problem all over right now, I'll agree to that. Unfortunately it seems to crop up any time people are pissed off; traditional group to irrationally blame? However you, and TenNapel, are making the same prejudiced mistake that seems to be occurring quite often, sometimes deliberately: confusing the actions of some statistically insignifcant portion of violent rioters with what has been an overwhelmingly non-violent (on the protestor side) movement. I know, it's human to have a hard time to separate individuals from a group, mentally, but it's something everyone has to work on, so you don't end up judging many by the actions of a few. It's easy to get confused by this last bit, as right wing media loves to focus on an individual bad actor and claim all the millions of protestors across the country are the same way.

As far as TeNapel, anyone who calls Covid19 "fake"at this point should be seen as somebody who has lost touch with reality. TenNapel also seems to ignore overwhelming evidence of systemic racism in the United States, but once again, he's ignoring reality.

Jul 11, 2020, 11:20
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 11:20
Jul 11, 2020, 11:20

It sounds like trash talk and while many might find it offensive hopefully they express their view on it with counter arguments rather than calling for a boycott of the game or calling for TenNapel to be axed. Thats free speech.

removed
Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
Beamer

removed Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
 Beamer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 11, 2020, 11:00.

Jul 11, 2020, 08:40
Prez

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 08:40
Jul 11, 2020, 08:40
 Prez

I too read what he said. It's not racist. I don't agree with him on most of it (comparing anything to Hitler is almost always stupid, and calling Covid a fake seems weird) but he has the right to say it. It's simply a case of assuming that calling something racist is instant cause for dismissal. That's not the case, especially when his actual points are refuted pretty easily.

EDIT: Having not heard exactly what he said and the author being demonstrably wrong I can't definitively comment on the homophobia because I don't know.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2020, 08:50.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 11, 2020, 04:29
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 04:29
Jul 11, 2020, 04:29

TenNapel could be wiser, humbler and more humane in his criticism of others. No doubt about that. But he's also motivated from seeing some obviously dark sides to the phenomena discussed - if you can't see any you are blinder than him. BLM, for example, is a movement ripe with racism. Farrakhan is a hero of many of the people swearing by BLM (sorry for any generalizations, I'm sure there are many there who aren't fans), and he is an unabashed antisemite who operates freely on social media. People everywhere need to de-escalate themselves and stop demonizing other people - whether they are cops, black, white, christian or homosexual.

Jul 11, 2020, 04:12
Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 04:12
Jul 11, 2020, 04:12

*reads what Doug actually said*

He right.

They don't say what exactly he finds "fake" about the Shanghai Shivers, so I may disagree with him there.

Jul 10, 2020, 22:39
Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2020, 22:39
Jul 10, 2020, 22:39

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 22:13:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 19:37:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 19:33:
Wow, is it that difficult to not be a racist piece of shit for the duration of an interview?

*EDIT* Ah, he's also a Covid-19 denier. Real class act.
How hard is it for these numb nuts to STFU. That's all they have to do, but nooooo. They gotta go off half cocked.

**EDIT**
He's also homophobic.
This guy's an Idiot that keeps on giving.
Dude is nothing but a trash trifecta.

How much you wanna bet that he's a Trump supporter and a church-going christian? Not that anything is bad about that, just placing bets and feeling lucky
That’d be a safe bet
This site says the douchebag is christian.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Jul 10, 2020, 22:13
Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2020, 22:13
Jul 10, 2020, 22:13

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 19:37:
Wow, is it that difficult to not be a racist piece of shit for the duration of an interview?

How hard is it for these numb nuts to STFU. That's all they have to do, but nooooo. They gotta go off half cocked.

**EDIT**
He's also homophobic.

How much you wanna bet that he's a Trump supporter and a church-going christian? Not that anything is bad about that, just placing bets and feeling lucky
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." - The Dalai Lama

Jul 10, 2020, 19:37
Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2020, 19:37
Jul 10, 2020, 19:37

**EDIT**
He's also homophobic.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Jul 10, 2020, 19:33
Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2020, 19:33
Jul 10, 2020, 19:33

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older