Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak

Another video from Assassin's Creed: Valhalla shows off more leaked footage from the upcoming installment in the action series (thanks DSOGaming). This is higher-quality than the previous leak, and the poster claims the source is within Ubisoft. The official Ubisoft Forward event is coming on Sunday, and they've promised we'll see more on the game at that time. In the meantime, this clip shows off seven minutes of gameplay, including a boss fight. Update: Not unexpectedly, this video is no longer available.
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak
Jul 9, 2020, 03:50
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 9, 2020, 03:50
Jul 9, 2020, 03:50

gilly775 wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 14:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 13:13:
Watched it and...meh. Damage sponge boss with circle, attack, fade, repeat.

The game mechanics are beyond stale at this point.

Well the series is pretty much known for that. Are you looking for combat like Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Even that game has some similar boss fights, though. I remember that fucker you fight in the attic of a little chapel or whatever it was, after you lay siege to that bandit stronghold... If you aren't proficient in dodging and counter-attacking by that point, you will be after dying repeatedly there for a while.

It's still a silly complaint to lodge at any particular game, though, 'cause what else could a boss fight be? If it's to be an encounter more meaningful than the rest of the random mobs you plow through with as little as one hit, it has to last longer, which means more HP and/or a scripted sequence where they're invulnerable except under specific conditions. And if you break it down, 99% of all bosses in all games have been that way for 30+ years, since Mario had to jump on the big koopa three times in a row. To say that's stale is to say that the very idea of having bosses at all is stale.

Jul 8, 2020, 19:33
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 19:33
Jul 8, 2020, 19:33

gilly775 wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 14:33:

Well the series is pretty much known for that. Are you looking for combat like Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Honestly, the only this that would help this series survive is two players Coop. Anything less just makes it boring and tiresome to play Solo.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Jul 8, 2020, 18:30
Wolfen

Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 18:30
Jul 8, 2020, 18:30
 Wolfen

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 16:29:
Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 16:02:
I'll consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin and that's only if they do a historical tour for it. Love those things.

That'l depend entirely on how much historical accuracy they bothered with. Origins and Odyssey had vaguely correct locations. This game looks to be even less grounded in reality than the previous ones, although Odyssey did get pretty bonkers in the expansions.

What? I thought Medusa was real!! It was just Perseus in Clash of Titans who really killed Medusa. I mean... come on, lets be real here.

Jul 8, 2020, 16:29
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 16:29
Jul 8, 2020, 16:29

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 16:02:
I'll consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin and that's only if they do a historical tour for it. Love those things.

That'l depend entirely on how much historical accuracy they bothered with. Origins and Odyssey had vaguely correct locations. This game looks to be even less grounded in reality than the previous ones, although Odyssey did get pretty bonkers in the expansions.

Jul 8, 2020, 16:02
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 16:02
Jul 8, 2020, 16:02

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jul 8, 2020, 15:45
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 15:45
Jul 8, 2020, 15:45

lol, the way they are taking down links, you'd think they are protecting classified information here... It's Assassin's Creed with the recent Assassin's Creed game-play. If you thought Odyssey was a reskin of Origins, then Valhalla looks like a reskin of Odyssey. They're all similar, with similar animations and controls, just set in a different time period.

Playing enough Odyssey alone gets stale enough. It's a massive game with a lot to do, but in the end, it's all repetitive stuff to do with nothing all that particularly interesting either. If anything, it's a beautiful looking game, and has some stunning views but gameplay will get stale unless it's your sort of game, you'll just eat it up again.

I'd probably pick up Valhalla on the cheap once it's hits sale price KNOWING I will get bored sooner than later, but at least play enough of it before getting bored to justify the sale price.

Jul 8, 2020, 14:33
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 14:33
Jul 8, 2020, 14:33

Jul 8, 2020, 14:13
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 14:13
Jul 8, 2020, 14:13

chickenboo wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 13:53:

I had been thinking of buying Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and after reading some Steam reviews, checked out gameplay footage from YouTube, and it's the same thing - between long linear corridor exploration periods, mash attack and dodge buttons during combat periods, then return to linear corridor exploration. It's like the Doom Clones from the 90s all over again, been there, done that.
I'd like to see more impactful combat design, and better justification for combat in games in general. I'd like to see combat design made deadlier, with stress repercussions after combat ends, made more about timing and waiting for opportunity than taking out hordes of enemies.

IIRC, the best way to experience that game is in VR, and the immersion will mask the limitations you bring up.
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jul 8, 2020, 14:08
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 14:08
Jul 8, 2020, 14:08

I wouldn't buy Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for the combat, which is passable at best, but it's a pretty interesting take on mental illness in game format. As a whole, I highly recommend it. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, that is, not mental illness.

Short but very interesting game, some cool design choices, really well done facial animations, but yes, some times you are walking down corridors or solving puzzles.

Jul 8, 2020, 13:53
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 13:53
Jul 8, 2020, 13:53

I had been thinking of buying Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and after reading some Steam reviews, checked out gameplay footage from YouTube, and it's the same thing - between long linear corridor exploration periods, mash attack and dodge buttons during combat periods, then return to linear corridor exploration. It's like the Doom Clones from the 90s all over again, been there, done that.
I'd like to see more impactful combat design, and better justification for combat in games in general. I'd like to see combat design made deadlier, with stress repercussions after combat ends, made more about timing and waiting for opportunity than taking out hordes of enemies.

Jul 8, 2020, 13:49
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 13:49
Jul 8, 2020, 13:49

...aaaand it's gone.
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jul 8, 2020, 13:17
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 13:17
Jul 8, 2020, 13:17

If it's not a planned leak, there is someone who should be afraid of being fired if they find out who did this as I believe they take unplanned leaks very seriously and they will investigate as far as they can.

Jul 8, 2020, 13:13
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 13:13
Jul 8, 2020, 13:13

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jul 8, 2020, 12:54
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 12:54
Jul 8, 2020, 12:54

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 11:51:
Aaaand already copyright claimed.
Orig article has this link, which seems to work for the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHqe_DQTXk

Jul 8, 2020, 11:51
Re: Another Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Video Leak Jul 8, 2020, 11:51
Jul 8, 2020, 11:51