Hellpoint This Month

Publisher tinyBuild and developer Cradle Games announce a release date for Hellpoint, saying their dark sci-fi RPG will arrive on Windows and consoles on July 30th. They celebrate the news with a new trailer highlighting the game's co-op support. They say pre-orders will commence today on Steam which will include a 20% discount. Here's a description that gets right to the hellpoint:
Hellpoint is set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge. You wake up on board the Irid Novo space station, a beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration gone horribly wrong. What happens next will be solely determined by your choices.

Key Features:

• Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
  • Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
  • Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master, slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
  • Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.

View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Hellpoint This Month
Jul 2, 2020, 20:22
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 20:22
Jul 2, 2020, 20:22

El Pit wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 12:08:
Souls-like - the thing that happened after MOBA was the thing.
No, thanks. I do understand that people like Dark Souls with its superdifficult fights, but when I come home from work and am allowed to play a game for an hour or two (she is cruel, isn't she? ), I need something to calm down and have some - in comparison to work - easy success. If I want to stress myself, I just have to go back to work.
Thankfully there are also enough games for people like me.

Yep I'm the same way.
I really loved everything about Remnant: From the Ashes, but it was too difficult so it was returned.
I own all the dark souls games(got them cheap) but haven't played more then 30 minutes.
No need for carpal tunnel, thanks.

Jul 2, 2020, 19:53
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 19:53
Jul 2, 2020, 19:53

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 19:14:
Saboth wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 17:56:
No, thanks. I do understand that people like Dark Souls with its superdifficult fights, but when I come home from work and am allowed to play a game for an hour or two (she is cruel, isn't she? ), I need something to calm down and have some - in comparison to work - easy success. If I want to stress myself, I just have to go back to work.

Same here. There are three descriptions that instantly turn me off these days. "Roguelike" "Roguelite" and "Soulslike".

While I actually liked Dark Souls, and played it a lot, I just have no desire to go through that stress and frustration again. As for the "Rogue" games, I don't find replaying a game 100 times just to get the new characters/gear/abilities that an RPG would just give me as I played it normally to be fun.

I like Rouge-lite actually. It's like super coin op, you start over, but stronger. Interesting mechanic that will eventually power you to the end. Rouge-like you start from scratch, that said, I've had fun with a few over the years, but found "like" a funner version of it.
Like Rogue Legacy.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jul 2, 2020, 19:14
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 19:14
Jul 2, 2020, 19:14

Saboth wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 17:56:

Same here. There are three descriptions that instantly turn me off these days. "Roguelike" "Roguelite" and "Soulslike".

While I actually liked Dark Souls, and played it a lot, I just have no desire to go through that stress and frustration again. As for the "Rogue" games, I don't find replaying a game 100 times just to get the new characters/gear/abilities that an RPG would just give me as I played it normally to be fun.

I like Rouge-lite actually. It's like super coin op, you start over, but stronger. Interesting mechanic that will eventually power you to the end. Rouge-like you start from scratch, that said, I've had fun with a few over the years, but found "like" a funner version of it.

Jul 2, 2020, 17:56
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 17:56
Jul 2, 2020, 17:56

Jul 2, 2020, 17:35
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 17:35
Jul 2, 2020, 17:35

I read "Souls like... unforgiving combat system." and I do a hard pass on this game. Is "fun" and "depth" and "multiple conflict resolution" not things people want any more? Nope, put the gamer on a rail and give no saves until he figures out the boss's trick. Wheee.

Jul 2, 2020, 16:36
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 16:36
Jul 2, 2020, 16:36

Yeah not a fan of shared loot if that means free for all in coop, adds a lot of management, but hey I still like it better than no coop.

I still haven't done any of these type of games coop, like Monster Hunter unless that is different. In general I'm not a big boss fight guy if it means a shit ton of HP you chip away at and you are doing that as the main course. Perhaps I have this wrong, the thing is there have been so many other coop games that I haven't been to the point "ok I'm down to these types", let me see what I may like. Remnant is another I think.

Currently doing BL3 and find it quite good. The gun drops have been noticeably better than BL2 for me which keeps it fun. A couple QOL things drive me up the wall, one fixed by cheat engine. Also feels less bullet spongy, but that does go hand in hand with better gun drops. Really like that the story is clear and concise even if corny, I treat that as a cartoon, but again the goals are clear and very well delivered. Some people bag on the VA, shit it is some of the best in the business, it's as good as animated TV is.

Going to try out State of Decay 2 again, several patches later than last go at it and a couple major patches ta boot. Was very disappointed in it up to this point, but if they keep chipping away (they are) its fixable, the 1rst was really good, just wanted coop which this delivered but then played drab.

Fallout76 has their first season started, Division 2, season 2, Destiny I'm a couple releases back but someday. Hell I have about 20 coop games on the revisit list and quite a few are ever expanding. Interested in getting back to No Man's Sky, it will be at least a few big patches since I last played. PoE 2.

Coop gaming has never been better. Also looking at consoles later this year to get back into for Football and Racing with old life long buds, readying to drop $600 to $1000 on a wheel if the top sims become available, crazy how expensive they've become, the cheap wheel are still $300. We're all old enough now that we got free time back, racing was our pinnacle.

Jul 2, 2020, 13:23
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 13:23
Jul 2, 2020, 13:23

Whoops, looks like I glossed right over the Souls-like part. Well that spells the end of this for the coop crew, they have no patience for that shit.

Jul 2, 2020, 13:15
Darks

Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 13:15
Jul 2, 2020, 13:15
 Darks

ududy wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 13:00:
Yep, most Souls-like boss battles are bad, especially when you have to fight them exactly like the developers intended. I also hate that, for some reason not exactly clear to me, you can't jump immediately back into battle with a "retry?" option, instead wasting your time on re-spawning a way back.

The problem with a lot of these fights is that they pin you down, make it so most of the time you cant out run them or get out of the way, or your hamstring to stamina that always runs out to quickly when you are dodging or rolling out of the way.

It really makes the fights unrealistic and drags them out forever,
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Jul 2, 2020, 13:13
Cutter

Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 13:13
Jul 2, 2020, 13:13
 Cutter

More like Heckpoint. Slipt screen multi? Lol! Hey the 90s called and the want their console MP back.
"What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day." - Phyllis Diller

Jul 2, 2020, 13:00
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 13:00
Jul 2, 2020, 13:00

Yep, most Souls-like boss battles are bad, especially when you have to fight them exactly like the developers intended. I also hate that, for some reason not exactly clear to me, you can't jump immediately back into battle with a "retry?" option, instead wasting your time on re-spawning a way back.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:31
Darks

Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 12:31
Jul 2, 2020, 12:31
 Darks

Icewind wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 12:19:

I'm glad someone else understands this. I like them too, and even beat the first Dark Souls (And Demon's Souls on PS3) but at 44, I don't get much chance to game and when I do, I like it to be relaxing and comforting. Something I can tune out the world in and play while taking sips of coffee. Silly, I know.

Had one guy say I "wasn't a real gamer" because I refused to buy Sekiro for that reason. Nevermind the fact that I was playing RPGs before he was born or that I played through two Souls games already. The idea of playing another "Die 50 times for 2 hours straight until you find the right pattern to win and then do it again" game doesn't appeal to me.

Same here, I dont mind a challenge, but when that challenge turns into a lot of work, it just takes all the fun and air out of the experience. This was a big problem with Boss fights in Remnant, from the ashes. those fight were ass stupid. But, the trainer saved the day, we did try many, many times to beat some of those bosses, but eventually we just said fuck it and used a trainer to get by those really hard fights.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Jul 2, 2020, 12:19
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 12:19
Jul 2, 2020, 12:19

I'm glad someone else understands this. I like them too, and even beat the first Dark Souls (And Demon's Souls on PS3) but at 44, I don't get much chance to game and when I do, I like it to be relaxing and comforting. Something I can tune out the world in and play while taking sips of coffee. Silly, I know.

Had one guy say I "wasn't a real gamer" because I refused to buy Sekiro for that reason. Nevermind the fact that I was playing RPGs before he was born or that I played through two Souls games already. The idea of playing another "Die 50 times for 2 hours straight until you find the right pattern to win and then do it again" game doesn't appeal to me.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:08
El Pit

Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 12:08
Jul 2, 2020, 12:08
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jul 2, 2020, 11:27
Re: Hellpoint This Month Jul 2, 2020, 11:27
Jul 2, 2020, 11:27

full, uninterrupted coop story woohoo!

with shared loot ...surely we've learned better than this by now? Instanced loot makes pub coop bearable. You've just guaranteed a ton of rage and lameness by randoms in coop.

I'll still check the game out, but it's been a decade since we've known ARPGs with instanced loot promote teamwork, shared loot promotes backstabbing.
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older