Electronic Arts on Harassment

A harassment statement from Electronic Arts outlines EA's response to reports of abuse, harassment, and misconduct in the game industry (thanks PC Gamer). Here's what they say they are doing about this:
In recent days we’ve seen and heard a number of disturbing stories around sexual harassment, abuse and misconduct in our industry. We want to be very clear on our position: these behaviors are never ok -- not in our communities or any others. Electronic Arts supports everyone that has come forward to report abuse and we are asking anyone who has experienced any kind of harassment or sexual misconduct in our community to come forward.

We take every allegation seriously and we investigate it. We are deeply committed to ensuring there is safe space for people to come forward and taking the right actions on behalf of our community. The stories we’ve heard recently make it clear there is still a lot of work to be done in our industry.

If you are an EA employee and encounter or have encountered harassment, violence or other misconduct, please raise it immediately with your manager or People Experience leader. If you are not comfortable doing that you can report anonymously through our Raise a Concern program.

If you are not an employee of EA and have encountered harassment, violence or other misconduct by another player, member of our Game Changer community, Competitive Gaming Player or EA staff member, there are multiple reporting resources which can be found here.

We will not stand for this behavior and that is outlined in our Global Human Rights Statement, EA Competitive Gaming Codes of Conduct (EA SPORTS FIFA GLOBAL SERIES ; Madden NFL Championship Series ; Apex Legends Competitive Gaming Rules) and our Positive Play Charter

Being part of a gaming community, whether you’re an employee, creator, player or anyone else, should be a positive, fun, fair, inclusive, and most importantly safe experience. This is a part of our commitment to Positive Play and we intend to continue to act on it.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment
Jun 30, 2020, 22:59
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 22:59
Jun 30, 2020, 22:59

mxmissile wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 17:26:
I would'nt even work in the gaming industry for a 7 digit salary.

I highly doubt anyone would pay you a 7 dollar salary, nevermind 7 digits.

Jun 30, 2020, 20:32
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 20:32
Jun 30, 2020, 20:32

Popcorn
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Jun 30, 2020, 20:25
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 20:25
Jun 30, 2020, 20:25

Again, all it takes is for someone to "accuse", proven guilty or not your career and life are screwed before any proof is out there. Social media and SJW's have enabled this. The accuser could even come forth and say he/she lied. Too bad, your career is still flushed down the toilet.

I would'nt even work in the gaming industry for a 7 digit salary. No way. The entitlement and pussification is real. I'm white, male and work my ass off, therefore I'd have a bulls eye on my forehead. NO THANKS.

You need to be super duper careful. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't work at all. It's not just the games industry, it's every single corporation these days. All the companies have it in for hard working white males. And all those entitled women have it in for you too. The women are running around falsely accusing hard working white males like crazy. By the millions. I recommend you quit now before you get falsely accused. Just a couple of tweets is all it takes to bring you down. So, quit while you're ahead, before they get you.

When I see a comment like this, I wonder if he even read the other comments in the thread, familiar with the stories under discussion, or if it's just intentional misunderstanding. One of the men accused wasn't even white.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 30, 2020, 18:21
Beamer

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 18:21
Jun 30, 2020, 18:21
 Beamer

Again, all it takes is for someone to "accuse", proven guilty or not your career and life are screwed before any proof is out there. Social media and SJW's have enabled this. The accuser could even come forth and say he/she lied. Too bad, your career is still flushed down the toilet.

I would'nt even work in the gaming industry for a 7 digit salary. No way. The entitlement and pussification is real. I'm white, male and work my ass off, therefore I'd have a bulls eye on my forehead. NO THANKS.

"Pussification" tells me that you legitimately should have concerns over getting fired for saying something offensive at work

Jun 30, 2020, 17:26
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 17:26
Jun 30, 2020, 17:26

Jun 30, 2020, 16:27
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 16:27
Jun 30, 2020, 16:27

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 06:15:
deqer wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 22:44:
Oh look, it's RedEye9 and Beamer again. Oh, they've brought a friend too, ChaosEngine.

I wonder if jdreyer is going to jump in too.

Yup, we get it. We all know where you guys stand on this.

Yes, I'm going to jump in. First, you're correct. False accusations do happen. There was a guy who picked up a tourist in my city and they had sex. Problem is, she was on vacation with her BF, and wasn't able to keep a secret. So the BF convinced his GF to tell the police it was rape. Turned out the guy had secretly recorded the encounter, so the police could see it wasn't rape, and he was let go.

Thing is, these kinds of false accusations are a tiny percentage of all accusations. It's like saying you refuse to wear a seatbelt because there are cases where passengers are thrown from a car survive when it explodes. The vast majority of the time, that seatbelt is going to save your life, but rarely there is a situation where wearing it is detrimental. So you're going to choose *not* to wear that seatbelt so you can survive that edge case that almost never happens?

Here's the data:

The evidence on false allegations fails to support public anxiety that untrue reporting is common. While the statistics on false allegations vary – and refer most often to rape and sexual assault – they are invariably and consistently low. Research for the Home Office suggests that only 4% of cases of sexual violence reported to the UK police are found or suspected to be false. Studies carried out in Europe and in the US indicate rates of between 2% and 6%.

And when we consider that only 15-35% of women even report sexual harassment at all, those false accusations become an even smaller slice of the overall harassment pie.

Let me state in no uncertain terms, this has nothing to do with "where we stand." This is not some opinion, the data is absolutely clear: false accusations are exceedingly rare. They're 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 of reported incidents. Are you willing to put money on those odds that these claims will be false? Please take a moment out of your day to consider the vast sea of victims who must suffer these injustices before immediately jumping in to defend the perpetrators with claims of "false accusations."
Thank You Thank You Thank You
Now I don’t have to waste my time watching a YouTube’s which I guarantee won’t be as factual as what you posted.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.

Jun 30, 2020, 14:00
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 14:00
Jun 30, 2020, 14:00

Jun 30, 2020, 10:13
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 10:13
Jun 30, 2020, 10:13

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 07:05:
Jonjonz wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 06:22:
To anyone who is all fine and good with witchunts as long as you sympathize with the political stance of the accusers, beware further legitimizing this, or don't be surprised when the opposite political groups pick up this tactic and run with it.

Your just choosing chaos over the rule of law, good luck with that.

So let's look at the recent cases that triggered this.

- Men accused by multiple women
- Men admit culpability
- Men remove themselves from work but aren't fired, or are removed from at-will employment.

Where is this witch hunt exactly? Please show me the man who was punished for doing nothing at all, who was falsely accused.

Also, the rule of law has absolutely nothing to do with this, as I've pointed out before. Corporations are not breaking the law by firing someone for any reason, excepting some cases of minorities.

This whole "Will no one think of the harassers???" bullshit is getting tiring.

Right and what's the alternative, do absolutely nothing and turn a blind eye? If they investigate that is how it was always SUPPOSED TO WORK in the first place.

Jun 30, 2020, 09:42
yonder

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 09:42
Jun 30, 2020, 09:42
 yonder

To anyone who is all fine and good with witchunts as long as you sympathize with the political stance of the accusers, beware further legitimizing this, or don't be surprised when the opposite political groups pick up this tactic and run with it.

While I passionately hate the "It's okay to do what I criticize others for doing because I'm on the right side" hypocrisy, this is NOT that.

Jun 30, 2020, 07:05
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 07:05
Jun 30, 2020, 07:05

So let's look at the recent cases that triggered this.

- Men accused by multiple women
- Men admit culpability
- Men remove themselves from work but aren't fired, or are removed from at-will employment.

Where is this witch hunt exactly? Please show me the man who was punished for doing nothing at all, who was falsely accused.

Also, the rule of law has absolutely nothing to do with this, as I've pointed out before. Corporations are not breaking the law by firing someone for any reason, excepting some cases of minorities.

This whole "Will no one think of the harassers???" bullshit is getting tiring.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 30, 2020, 06:22
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 06:22
Jun 30, 2020, 06:22

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jun 30, 2020, 06:15
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 30, 2020, 06:15
Jun 30, 2020, 06:15

deqer wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 22:44:
Oh look, it's RedEye9 and Beamer again. Oh, they've brought a friend too, ChaosEngine.

Yes, I'm going to jump in. First, you're correct. False accusations do happen. There was a guy who picked up a tourist in my city and they had sex. Problem is, she was on vacation with her BF, and wasn't able to keep a secret. So the BF convinced his GF to tell the police it was rape. Turned out the guy had secretly recorded the encounter, so the police could see it wasn't rape, and he was let go.

Thing is, these kinds of false accusations are a tiny percentage of all accusations. It's like saying you refuse to wear a seatbelt because there are cases where passengers are thrown from a car survive when it explodes. The vast majority of the time, that seatbelt is going to save your life, but rarely there is a situation where wearing it is detrimental. So you're going to choose *not* to wear that seatbelt so you can survive that edge case that almost never happens?

Here's the data:

The evidence on false allegations fails to support public anxiety that untrue reporting is common. While the statistics on false allegations vary – and refer most often to rape and sexual assault – they are invariably and consistently low. Research for the Home Office suggests that only 4% of cases of sexual violence reported to the UK police are found or suspected to be false. Studies carried out in Europe and in the US indicate rates of between 2% and 6%.

And when we consider that only 15-35% of women even report sexual harassment at all, those false accusations become an even smaller slice of the overall harassment pie.

Let me state in no uncertain terms, this has nothing to do with "where we stand." This is not some opinion, the data is absolutely clear: false accusations are exceedingly rare. They're 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 of reported incidents. Are you willing to put money on those odds that these claims will be false? Please take a moment out of your day to consider the vast sea of victims who must suffer these injustices before immediately jumping in to defend the perpetrators with claims of "false accusations."

Jun 29, 2020, 22:44
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 22:44
Jun 29, 2020, 22:44

Jun 29, 2020, 22:08
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 22:08
Jun 29, 2020, 22:08

Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 22:04:
deqer wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 21:57:
I've read stories of victims (especially women) lying about their claims simply to destroy a person. The reasons for this vary, ranging from jealousy to a disagreement in ideology.

I wonder how many of these cases will be false, if not even sexual harrasment at all.

I've read that if you're driving and you go by a car without its lights on, you shouldn't flash your high beams because it's a gang initiation and they'll turn around and kill you.
Not true, they harvest your organs for resale on the black market.
Most, if not all, of the victims wake up in a bathtub full of ice with a note that says, "Call 911 before you bleed out. Your kidneys and liver have been removed. Good Luck and God Bless."
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.

Jun 29, 2020, 22:07
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 22:07
Jun 29, 2020, 22:07

I've read stories of victims (especially women) lying about their claims simply to destroy a person. The reasons for this vary, ranging from jealousy to a disagreement in ideology.

I wonder how many of these cases will be false, if not even sexual harrasment at all.

I've read stories that idiots believe the above bullshit. The reasons vary, ranging from jealously to being an incel nutjob who's never actually spoken to a woman.

Jun 29, 2020, 22:04
Beamer

Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 22:04
Jun 29, 2020, 22:04
 Beamer

I've read that if you're driving and you go by a car without its lights on, you shouldn't flash your high beams because it's a gang initiation and they'll turn around and kill you.

Jun 29, 2020, 21:57
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 21:57
Jun 29, 2020, 21:57

Jun 29, 2020, 21:45
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 21:45
Jun 29, 2020, 21:45

jamiedj99 wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 20:50:
I wonder if someone reported the CEO of EA or one of its upper Lvl management if this would also apply
Yes, this would also apply CEOs and upper management.
Why wouldn't it?
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.

Jun 29, 2020, 20:50
Re: Electronic Arts on Harassment Jun 29, 2020, 20:50
Jun 29, 2020, 20:50

I wonder if someone reported the CEO of EA or one of its upper Lvl management if this would also apply
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older