Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Jun 30, 2020, 08:28
Beamer

Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2020, 08:28
Jun 30, 2020, 08:28
 Beamer

Jesus, do you read?

It wasn't canceled! No one was canceled! Stop either misinterpreting the situation or just being emotional and hysterical.

She was a board member that wanted them to say something. The rest of the board did not. So she quit.

She was not canceled, she was unhappy with the direction of an organization it was part of. It was not canceled, it just has a senior leader quit because of a conflicting perspective.

Do you think she was fired for not saying anything? Your outraged, emotional posts make it seem that way. That isn't remotely what happened.

Jun 30, 2020, 07:43
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2020, 07:43
Jun 30, 2020, 07:43

Icewind wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 05:05:
Gwen Foster, who was part of Global Game Jam's executive committee, announced her decision to step down due to "the board's refusal to make a statement about the global crisis" -- including both Black Lives Matter and the COVID-19 pandemic.

So you can be cancelled for just deciding to mind your business and focus on servicing customers.

I hate how "the young people" all decided that it is the responsibility of every company to be a paragon of virtue and that all companies/organizations/whatever have to virtue signal constantly or risk being "Cancelled".

Exactly what would "making a statement" do anyway? Does putting a black bar on your company's twitter profile pic make the world better? Does linking to an offsite URL where you splash 3 paragraphs up on my screen saying how much you care for the oppressed giving me a better service or better entertainment value? No.

Just stop. Please god stop this insanity.

They won’t stop until everyone grovels at their feet and kisses the ground they walk on. Pathetic, but that’s how these cults work.

Jun 30, 2020, 05:05
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2020, 05:05
Jun 30, 2020, 05:05

Gwen Foster, who was part of Global Game Jam's executive committee, announced her decision to step down due to "the board's refusal to make a statement about the global crisis" -- including both Black Lives Matter and the COVID-19 pandemic.

So you can be cancelled for just deciding to mind your business and focus on servicing customers.

I hate how "the young people" all decided that it is the responsibility of every company to be a paragon of virtue and that all companies/organizations/whatever have to virtue signal constantly or risk being "Cancelled".

Exactly what would "making a statement" do anyway? Does putting a black bar on your company's twitter profile pic make the world better? Does linking to an offsite URL where you splash 3 paragraphs up on my screen saying how much you care for the oppressed giving me a better service or better entertainment value? No.

Just stop. Please god stop this insanity.
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older