Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Jun 30, 2020, 09:09
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 30, 2020, 09:09
Jun 30, 2020, 09:09

Simon Says wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 09:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 06:32:
Bodolza wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 22:34:
I've got news for you. If the US government goes to a US company with a warrant, they too will hand over all your data. And if it goes through the FISA court, then it would be illegal for the company to tell you they did so, and they wouldn't be able to challenge it.

Did you make it past the first line of my comment? "If the government really wants to force you, they can get a warrant or some other writ, a process which may or may not be successful based on what a judge decides. Only then are companies obligated to comply."

There are many cases in the US where companies have refused to cooperate with the government: Google in refusing to grant the government millions of records for the Online Child Protection Act, MS refusing to provide data from its servers in Ireland, Apple refusing to decrypt an iPhone, etc. These acts of rebellion simply don't happen in China. If you refuse to cooperate, they throw you in jail. That TikTok is so invasive shows that it's beyond a reactive request, but proactive: the government is going to these Chinese tech companies and forcing them to build in these data collection and hacking tools.

Exceptions, ISPs/telephone companies have complied for decades. VPN not outside the reach of five eyes and co.? They just need to ask. Everything you communicate nowadays goes through that pipe, phonecalls, cellphones, internet, TV, emergency services.

Do you really think they'd build a giant data sniffer complex in, what was it, Utah? For nothing?

And don't go thinking these exceptions haven't resulted in some form or other of consequences for the companies involved and you're at their whim. For now some of them it's in their interests to try to sometimes, exceptionally, not comply. But as for the other cases we aren't aware of, that are undoubtedly legions in comparison and the moment their interests shift, forget it, they don't care about you. It's only about money.

And if you think corps and gov haven't been in bed for money for decades and that this can't happen, you're not paying attention.

2 systems of surveillance, both with their pros and cons, both just as fucked up as the other. HOW ABOUT ZERO SURVEILLANCE? Cause as far as I'm concerned, anything but zero surveillance is unacceptable.

You're arguing about not having more dick in your ass with already 7 out of 8 inches in. How about zero? No dick, fuck'em.
Its ok when we do it (ATT in San Francisco) but gynna doing it is bad.

The NSA’s hidden spy hubs in eight U.S. cities.

Stolen NSA hacking tools were used in the wild 14 months before Shadow Brokers leak

A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Jun 30, 2020, 09:02
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 30, 2020, 09:02
Jun 30, 2020, 09:02

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 06:32:
I've got news for you. If the US government goes to a US company with a warrant, they too will hand over all your data. And if it goes through the FISA court, then it would be illegal for the company to tell you they did so, and they wouldn't be able to challenge it.

Did you make it past the first line of my comment? "If the government really wants to force you, they can get a warrant or some other writ, a process which may or may not be successful based on what a judge decides. Only then are companies obligated to comply."

There are many cases in the US where companies have refused to cooperate with the government: Google in refusing to grant the government millions of records for the Online Child Protection Act, MS refusing to provide data from its servers in Ireland, Apple refusing to decrypt an iPhone, etc. These acts of rebellion simply don't happen in China. If you refuse to cooperate, they throw you in jail. That TikTok is so invasive shows that it's beyond a reactive request, but proactive: the government is going to these Chinese tech companies and forcing them to build in these data collection and hacking tools.

Exceptions, ISPs/telephone companies have complied for decades. VPN not outside the reach of five eyes and co.? They just need to ask. Everything you communicate nowadays goes through that pipe, phonecalls, cellphones, internet, TV, emergency services.

Do you really think they'd build a giant data sniffer complex in, what was it, Utah? For nothing?

And don't go thinking these exceptions haven't resulted in some form or other of consequences for the companies involved and you're at their whim. For now some of them it's in their interests to try to sometimes, exceptionally, not comply. But as for the other cases we aren't aware of, that are undoubtedly legions in comparison and the moment their interests shift, forget it, they don't care about you. It's only about money.

And if you think corps and gov haven't been in bed for money for decades and that this can't happen, you're not paying attention.

2 systems of surveillance, both with their pros and cons, both just as fucked up as the other. HOW ABOUT ZERO SURVEILLANCE? Cause as far as I'm concerned, anything but zero surveillance is unacceptable.

You're arguing about not having more dick in your ass with already 7 out of 8 inches in. How about zero? No dick, fuck'em.

Jun 30, 2020, 06:34
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 30, 2020, 06:34
Jun 30, 2020, 06:34

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 22:47:
And as long as Sarah Cooper is on TikTac that’s where my monies going.
That's disturbing. Hilarious, but disturbing.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 30, 2020, 06:32
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 30, 2020, 06:32
Jun 30, 2020, 06:32

To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 29, 2020, 22:47
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 29, 2020, 22:47
Jun 29, 2020, 22:47

I don’t see anyone uninstalling the #4 app in the Apple store anytime soon.
And as long as Sarah Cooper is on TikTac that’s where my monies going.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Jun 29, 2020, 22:34
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 29, 2020, 22:34
Jun 29, 2020, 22:34

Jun 29, 2020, 19:47
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 29, 2020, 19:47
Jun 29, 2020, 19:47

India bans TikTok, dozens of other Chinese apps.

I recommend that if you have any of these apps installed, that you uninstall and do a factory reset on your phone. Especially TikTok. This guy reverse engineered it, and here's what he said.

It's important to realize that companies in China have a completely different relationship with their government than most Western companies. In the west, when the government asks a company to do something, they can refuse and fight it in court. If the government really wants to force you, they can get a warrant or some other writ, a process which may or may not be successful based on what a judge decides. Only then are companies obligated to comply. In China, not complying with any government request can basically result in company personnel being thrown in jail, without recourse. So if the government tells a popular app, you must pull all of this info, then the company must do it.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older