6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
Jun 30, 2020, 07:04
Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 30, 2020, 07:04
Jun 30, 2020, 07:04

Tim Sweeny is kissing Sony's a$$ like there's no tomorrow.

Jun 30, 2020, 01:41
Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 30, 2020, 01:41
Jun 30, 2020, 01:41

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 21:18:
MattyC wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 14:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 11:34:
What's going to sell consoles is games, and right now Microsoft's Exclusives are pretty wiffle bat worthy, and with Microsoft games they will be out on console and pc, so that leaves me no reason to purchase a Xbox. The Tom's Hardware article is awful.

Considering the Xbox event hasn’t happened yet, how do you know their exclusives? They had a launch lineup, yes, but if they are bothering to have an event it is pretty much guaranteed they have something to show off, just like Sony did. Not that I have a single reason to care about either currently.

Actually they did have their event, and showed a few videos and roughly 4 exclusives (Halo being one of them) but the rest are multiplatform or remasters for the system.

That was one of those new (and dumb) "announcement of an announcement" type things. Their actual big E3 show replacement like Sony's is yet to come. It is in July, but I cannot remember the exact date, probably because I am not exactly holding my breath. I don't know what they could really have up their sleeve, but I guess I am going to at least let them flop about on their digital stage before I render their launch wanting.
I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

Jun 29, 2020, 21:18
Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2020, 21:18
Jun 29, 2020, 21:18

MattyC wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 14:32:
What's going to sell consoles is games, and right now Microsoft's Exclusives are pretty wiffle bat worthy, and with Microsoft games they will be out on console and pc, so that leaves me no reason to purchase a Xbox. The Tom's Hardware article is awful.

Considering the Xbox event hasn’t happened yet, how do you know their exclusives? They had a launch lineup, yes, but if they are bothering to have an event it is pretty much guaranteed they have something to show off, just like Sony did. Not that I have a single reason to care about either currently.

Actually they did have their event, and showed a few videos and roughly 4 exclusives (Halo being one of them) but the rest are multiplatform or remasters for the system.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Jun 29, 2020, 14:33
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2020, 14:33
Jun 29, 2020, 14:33
 Verno

Yeah wow that article is awful. The only thing going for Microsoft right now is Gamepass, their exclusives are tired and they refuse to make the kind of long term investments necessary in studios that Sony has. In the past 2 years they bought up a few software studios and merged another but it remains to be seen if their output is worthwhile.

Gamepass is decent but I'm not buying a Series X just to get 2-3 first party games next gen and a bunch of mid-tier/back catalog stuff. They really gotta bring the games.
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Jun 29, 2020, 14:32
Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2020, 14:32
Jun 29, 2020, 14:32

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

Jun 29, 2020, 11:34
Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2020, 11:34
Jun 29, 2020, 11:34

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older