The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com

GOG.com announces that if you own a copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on any platform you are now entitled to collected a free copy of the DRM-free version through GOG GALAXY 2.0. Here are details on the offer, which is good for the next week:
We’ve recently finished celebrating the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and yet here’s another good reason to be a fan of this cult game from CD PROJEKT RED. If you already own the game on any PC or console platform, you can claim the GOG.COM copy for free with GOG GALAXY 2.0. You can expect even more events like this in the future.

What is GOG GALAXY 2.0?
GOG GALAXY 2.0 is an application that allows gamers to connect external platforms to bring all their games and friends together in one place. This way you can manage and organize all your PC and console games in one library, launch any PC game, keep track of your progress and see your friends’ status, achievements, and game time across all gaming platforms.

How to claim The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for free?
Starting from today, if you connect the platform where you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with GOG GALAXY 2.0, you will receive a GOG.COM copy for free. The game will show up in your games library inside the application. GOG GALAXY 2.0 will also import the game progress you’ve already made in The Witcher 3, like achievements and game time.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.COM comes with some exclusive digital goodies: extended soundtrack with 4 bonus tracks, The Witcher official paper toys designed by top papercraft artist Tougui and The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic book. All goodies are available to download for the owners of the GOG.COM version from the application.

For more information about the event, please check our FAQ article.
View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com
Jun 17, 2020, 04:30
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 17, 2020, 04:30
Jun 17, 2020, 04:30

Orogogus wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 15:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 14:36:
Well, I just use the scroll bar + separate by assigned tags. That's not really the full answer you're looking for, the PgUp/PgDn thing is annoying, I agree, but You can at least separate your games a little by the Sort by Tags feature. Tags are assigned manually. Currently I have my list broken up into basically Finished Games, Backlog, New to Me, then you can hide those tabs here and there to speed up any searching you have to do. Installed is its own separate category on the left obviously, so that further breaks it down. But yes, the overall sorting and movement in the list needs to be improved. There is also the built in Filter in GOG Galaxy, but your mileage may vary with that. A bigger scroll bar would help, as would assigning PgUp/PgDn in list view. Galaxy does have a feedback button in there, under the top left Gear icon, "Share Feedback," I'd recommend sending them a brief polite note, I've done a couple for similar reasons.

Yeah, I've left feedback through the button. It just seems strange that I never see anyone else with this complaint. Everyone likes GOG Galaxy to see all their games in one place, but actually browsing through those games seems very difficult. I'm always wondering if I'm missing something.

If you have a filter on the tags you want, you can use the bookmark button (at the top, just next to back/forward) to save it as a bookmark that's visible on the left side of the screen. I have my to do list all tagged as "To Do" and then a filter on that tag bookmarked, so all I need to do is click it in the sidebar and I'm good to go.

My pile of shame is large enough that nothing other than my to do list and a few favourites really matter, so that design works pretty well for me.

Jun 16, 2020, 17:21
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 17:21
Jun 16, 2020, 17:21

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 16:06:
"We’ve recently finished celebrating the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and yet here’s another good reason to be a fan of this cult game from CD PROJEKT RED."

Do you get to call yourself a "cult game" if you sell 30M copies and inspire a Netflix series with Henry Cavill?

Maybe if you compare yourself to FIFA...? /shrug

Jun 16, 2020, 16:15
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 16:15
Jun 16, 2020, 16:15

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 16:05:
I bought my copy on GoG, can I get a free copy on Steam?

I bought my copy on GoG... how about a 20% Pre-Order discount on Cyberpunk 2077?

(I don't pre-order games (Stopped doing the crap back when Oblivion came out and the stores had it before me)... but I might be tempted with that deal, CD PROJECT RED's good track record with Witcher 3, and their good will with a DRM - Free Game store)
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Jun 16, 2020, 16:06
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 16:06
Jun 16, 2020, 16:06

"We’ve recently finished celebrating the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and yet here’s another good reason to be a fan of this cult game from CD PROJEKT RED."

Do you get to call yourself a "cult game" if you sell 30M copies and inspire a Netflix series with Henry Cavill?
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jun 16, 2020, 16:05
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 16:05
Jun 16, 2020, 16:05

I bought my copy on GoG, can I get a free copy on Steam?
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jun 16, 2020, 15:13
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 15:13
Jun 16, 2020, 15:13

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 14:36:
Orogogus wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 13:16:
I've asked a few times, but haven't seen any solutions -- how do people with a lot of games navigate their libraries in GOG Galaxy 2.0? The scroll bar is very small, and you can't type letters to jump around in the list. PgUp/PgDn doesn't work in list view. It works in grid view, but the app tends to misplace focus so you have to click in a blank space first; in list view I can't find a blank space to click on, so I don't know if it's the same problem there. It just seems a lot harder to browse than Steam or, say, Windows Explorer.

Well, I just use the scroll bar + separate by assigned tags. That's not really the full answer you're looking for, the PgUp/PgDn thing is annoying, I agree, but You can at least separate your games a little by the Sort by Tags feature. Tags are assigned manually. Currently I have my list broken up into basically Finished Games, Backlog, New to Me, then you can hide those tabs here and there to speed up any searching you have to do. Installed is its own separate category on the left obviously, so that further breaks it down. But yes, the overall sorting and movement in the list needs to be improved. There is also the built in Filter in GOG Galaxy, but your mileage may vary with that. A bigger scroll bar would help, as would assigning PgUp/PgDn in list view. Galaxy does have a feedback button in there, under the top left Gear icon, "Share Feedback," I'd recommend sending them a brief polite note, I've done a couple for similar reasons.

Yeah, I've left feedback through the button. It just seems strange that I never see anyone else with this complaint. Everyone likes GOG Galaxy to see all their games in one place, but actually browsing through those games seems very difficult. I'm always wondering if I'm missing something.

Jun 16, 2020, 14:36
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 14:36
Jun 16, 2020, 14:36

Orogogus wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 13:16:
I've asked a few times, but haven't seen any solutions -- how do people with a lot of games navigate their libraries in GOG Galaxy 2.0? The scroll bar is very small, and you can't type letters to jump around in the list. PgUp/PgDn doesn't work in list view. It works in grid view, but the app tends to misplace focus so you have to click in a blank space first; in list view I can't find a blank space to click on, so I don't know if it's the same problem there. It just seems a lot harder to browse than Steam or, say, Windows Explorer.

Jun 16, 2020, 13:16
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 13:16
Jun 16, 2020, 13:16

Jun 16, 2020, 13:06
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 13:06
Jun 16, 2020, 13:06

Galaxy 2.0 is okay. I am not overly impressed with anything on it, and I wish I had more granular controls over some icon sizes and filtering games into groups, but it's usable and I have not experienced any major bugs.

I have an extremely strong desire for being able to set up my own categories in Galaxy like I do in Steam. Galaxy's Tag system is just not as good, if you add multiple tags to games your games list starts falsely growing exponentially; or at least they need the option to hide duplicates if you're organizing via tags.

Still, no fatal errors of any kind, downloads and patches work, the store works through Galaxy, etc. no real problems encountered.

Jun 16, 2020, 12:05
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 12:05
Jun 16, 2020, 12:05

Damn nice of them ....!

Jun 16, 2020, 10:38
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 10:38
Jun 16, 2020, 10:38

They are really trying to get everyone to move to Galaxy 2.0--but it's still in beta, unfortunately, and it shows. BTW, the Steam copy of the game is DRM free--always has been. You can run the game directly from its executable, bypassing Steamworks. However, the GoG.com version does give you your own installable copy to keep--whereas Steam does not.
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Jun 16, 2020, 10:34
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 10:34
Jun 16, 2020, 10:34

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 10:24:
If you already have it on gog what do you get. This is racism.
I refuse to support this act of wanton gluttony.

They send you a picture of the $11000 check they wrote to Andrzej Sapkowski for full rights with a note asking you to thank them.

Jun 16, 2020, 10:24
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 10:24
Jun 16, 2020, 10:24

Wowwowwow....wow
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Jun 16, 2020, 10:18
Re: The Witcher 3 Owners Get Free Copy on GOG.com Jun 16, 2020, 10:18
Jun 16, 2020, 10:18

This is pretty awesome of them!
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older