Dwarf Fortress Steam Version First Look

This video offers a look at the upcoming Steam release of Dwarf Fortress, the cult-favorite settlement management game (thanks PCGamesN). This includes developer commentary and a look at the addition of actual graphics that will replace the ASCII artwork of the original. Word is: "The deepest, most intricate simulation of a world that's ever been created. The legendary Dwarf Fortress is now on Steam. Build a fortress and try to help your dwarves survive, OR adventure as a single hero against a deeply generated world. As seen on the 2020 Guerrilla Collective Showcase."
View : : :

Re: Dwarf Fortress Steam Version First Look
Jun 13, 2020, 19:11
Re: Dwarf Fortress Steam Version First Look Jun 13, 2020, 19:11
Jun 13, 2020, 19:11

I'm following this. When I first tried to get into Dwarf Fortress, I had less of a problem with the ascii graphics than the inscrutable menu commands. I thought the game desperately needed context-sensitive menus that were better organized.

I've enjoyed RimWorld. It simplifies aspects of the game world (compared to DF) that makes it easier to play, but I wish the pace was faster. I play on the second-toughest level. I would tune the game to give raids more often, but be easier. I'd also provide more recruitment opportunities to speed the power curve and move faster to the end game.
Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 13, 19:11Jun 13 19:11
Re: Dwarf Fortress Steam Version First Look
Jun 14, 17:34Jun 14 17:34
Jun 14, 17:38Jun 14 17:38
Jun 14, 14:13Jun 14 14:13