New Far Cry Reveal Next Month?

There's an unconfirmed rumor on Gamereactor saying the Ubisoft Forward event on July 12 will feature an unveiling of the next Far Cry game (thanks VG247). They say the game news will please those who found the North American setting of Far Cry 5 too mundane:
The final game set to launch before April (unless Ubisoft decides that this is the game that has to be delayed because of Covid-19 and there being too many AAA releases in a fairly short window) is another Far Cry. I'm not going to ruin all of Ubisoft's plans by giving you all the information, but it's safe to say that those of you who didn't like Far Cry 5's North American setting will probably find this one a bit more interesting when it gets officially unveiled in Ubisoft Forward on July 12 - or leaked if the company decides to save it for later.
View : : :
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month?
Jun 10, 2020, 02:08
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 10, 2020, 02:08
Jun 10, 2020, 02:08

A rehash for the sake of rehashing. Gee, what new can we implement for those who we can string along? Stay tuned, you faithful who are easy to please are no doubt in anticipation of being jazzed. Don't forget to have to buy the latest CPU and Video card as technological visual advancements is all games like this (who have run out or ideas) can do. That is, make it more visually lifelike and therefore a must have. A title that just keeps reeling in buyers.

Jun 9, 2020, 22:49
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 22:49
Jun 9, 2020, 22:49

You only get endless spawns in FC5 while fighting openly in enemy territory. Be stealthy if you want to kill without consequences... But once you take over the bases and such to liberate the area, you have the opposite problem - boredom. Which is why they allow you to reset the map with the press of a button. The comparison to FC2 is way off, since you could never "liberate" a zone in that game to stop enemies from appearing.

Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
Rigs

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
 Rigs

fakespyder wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 19:25:
I haven't played FC5 but wasn't there an issue with enemy spawn rate? Like they kind of regressed back to FC2 level of respawns?
Great for action but lousy for immersion. It put me off buying the game when I heard that in a review.

Well, it wasn't like FC2 where you clear out a place or road intersection, go away for two seconds and POOF!, everyone's spawned back! It was more an increase of what you saw in FC3 and FC4 where you'd be walking along the road or in the woods and you'd just get truck after truck after truck pull up, or they'd spawn walking along the path or it'll spawn a plane to strafe you. You were never alone, once you started shooting up enemy trucks, it would just keep spawning more and more, like GTA when you have five stars. It just never stopped unless you found a way to hide or run away. While that >can< be fun, depending on your mood, it does get infuriating when you're trying to finish objectives. It's happened to me on >many< occasions and the only time it would stop was when I was dead.

I didn't mind FC5, I haven't finished it completely as of yet, I pick at it every so often and finish a part of the story here and there in-between other games. (I'm currently in another playthrough of Crysis2: MaxEd, another one I never finished and Max Payne 3, which I've finished several times) My favs, by far, were FC3 and FC4, but if I had to choose, it'd be FC4. Blood Dragon comes in a close second. I would love for them to go back to Kyrat again. FC4 is a masterpiece...well, except for the 'choose your own ending' bullshit. And neither one is good, which I hate. Yeah, life sucks, there's not always a happy ending (ahem!) but it's a fantasy, it doesn't have to be soul-crushing or heartbreaking to be good. (In fact, I come to this argument a lot, as in the 80's, most movies had a 'happily-ever-after' ending - Star Wars: ROTJ, E.T., The Goonies, Iron Eagle, The NeverEnding Story, The Last Starfighter - and we remember those fondly the most!) I also love Pagan Min. He's such a lovable neurotic asshole...or is he?

In any case, maybe an FC3/4 remaster would be good? I don't see it happening but who knows. If I had to guess, the Vietnam DLC of FC5 was received pretty well and I seem to remember calls for it to be expanded. I thought it was ok, if a bit formulaic. I like the idea of breaking into deep underground bases and stalking high-ranking officials. They could definitely get a good Rambo2/Missing In Action vibe goin'. I'm cautiously optimistic.

=-Rigs-=

Jun 9, 2020, 19:39
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 19:39
Jun 9, 2020, 19:39

My friends love the Far Cry series for the crazy open world shit that happens... including bugs.
Personally it takes me right out of the game when I'm slogging through the woods and random hillbillies start yelling and shooting, and then there's an upside down helicopter and flying car and a bear on fire etc. etc.

Jun 9, 2020, 19:25
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 19:25
Jun 9, 2020, 19:25

I haven't played FC5 but wasn't there an issue with enemy spawn rate? Like they kind of regressed back to FC2 level of respawns?
Great for action but lousy for immersion. It put me off buying the game when I heard that in a review.

Jun 9, 2020, 18:06
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 18:06
Jun 9, 2020, 18:06

Yeah FC5 co-op was awesome. Just needed more mission variety and a higher difficulty setting.

Much more enjoyable than Wildlands and their new abomination i can't even remember the name of.

Jun 9, 2020, 16:45
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 16:45
Jun 9, 2020, 16:45

Xero wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 10:14:
Far Cry 5 was very dull. However, New Dawn was awesome. It's the only Far Cry game I've beaten aside from the very original Far Cry. I think the fact that it actually made Montana fun with all the new colors and gave me a Mad Max vibe really stuck with me. The upgrade system was fun and just everything was more enjoyable than Far Cry 5. Not taking itself as serious was probably the best part. The twins... lol. They were so bad it was good!

I totally agree with this. Aside from the cheesy story and not-so-great voice acting, the progression system was much better, and the game was long enough to feel you got your money's worth, and short enough to actually finish before it got too tedious (like many open-world games with a limited gameplay loop, e.g. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey... way too long for what you do).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." - The Dalai Lama

Jun 9, 2020, 15:21
Darks

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 15:21
Jun 9, 2020, 15:21
 Darks

Atun Desenfrenado wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 15:15:
FC5 was so enjoyable in coop!!!

Great game.

Agreed, I had a great time playing Cop. I just hope UBI doesn't leave Coop out like they did with Ragnarok.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Jun 9, 2020, 15:15
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 15:15
Jun 9, 2020, 15:15

FC5 was so enjoyable in coop!!!

Great game.

Jun 9, 2020, 15:06
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 15:06
Jun 9, 2020, 15:06

GinRummy wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 09:10:
Guesses? Africa, or Russia, or India? Maybe not present day? Sicily during WW2?

MARS.

Do it, Ubisoft! Get your ass to Mars!
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 9, 2020, 14:39
Beamer

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 14:39
Jun 9, 2020, 14:39
 Beamer

Zarkov wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 14:20:
I was pretty sure I'd never get another Far Cry after the story and game progression horrors that was FC5, but I guess it's fairly implausible that things haven't improved. I'll definitely wait and see though.

Yeah, it was one of my favorite series, though getting long in the tooth, going into 5, and while I did enjoy 5, it really dampened my interest in future games.
I think, though linear, the Wolfenstein games are doing insane FPS better right now.

Jun 9, 2020, 14:20
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 14:20
Jun 9, 2020, 14:20

I was pretty sure I'd never get another Far Cry after the story and game progression horrors that was FC5, but I guess it's fairly implausible that things haven't improved. I'll definitely wait and see though.

Jun 9, 2020, 13:24
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 13:24
Jun 9, 2020, 13:24

I thoroughly enjoyed both, FC5 and New Dawn. They were both great, crazy, fun rides with some minor annoyances like the wingsuit controls on PC. Some of the characters made GTA's Trevor look like an altar boy by comparison (well, almost). I hope they picked another fun setting for the next part in the series.

Jun 9, 2020, 13:07
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 13:07
Jun 9, 2020, 13:07

Actually a Jurassic Park Far Cry would be awesome considering how well the engine handles the large environments. I think if done right, it could be an awesome game.

Jun 9, 2020, 12:05
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 12:05
Jun 9, 2020, 12:05

I thought the setting was already leaked awhile back to be 80s cocaine-fueled Brazil.

Jun 9, 2020, 12:01
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 12:01
Jun 9, 2020, 12:01

I liked 5 and I enjoyed the plot twist ending... you weren't the shit. We need more of that in gaming.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:46
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 11:46
Jun 9, 2020, 11:46

I've played every 'even' numbered Far Cry including 1. They've all been insanely fun....but at this point it's almost a joke how formulaic they are. The characters and setting have been the only breath of fresh air on what is a very stale model of gameplay. Hopefully they do something to innovate on this release.....though, I guess if the same old same old sells like hotcakes, why bother to improve? Right Bethesda? (referring to Skyrim and Fallout 4)

Jun 9, 2020, 11:45
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 11:45
Jun 9, 2020, 11:45

I think Far Cry 5 would have been awesome had they, Ubisoft, not been total pussies about shining a very bright light on the ugly fundamentalist Christian rot that infects the US.

Instead, we got some lukewarm, half-assed cult which made the rest of the game's shortcomings come to the fore.

I have New Dawn, I dislike New Dawn. There was literally nothing about it that interested me. The characters sucked and were cartoonish, the color palette was beyond stupid, and it felt like window dressing for a place I had already visited. Too much of a "been there, done that" feel to it.

We have already had South America and Africa in the Far Cry series. Why not do something radical like Primal and set it a wildly different time period. Far future hasn't been visited by the Far Cry series yet so that is a possibility.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Jun 9, 2020, 11:42
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 11:42
Jun 9, 2020, 11:42

SirKnight wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 11:10:
I liked Far Cry 5's setting a lot. The weapon's were kind of odd at times with the damage. But over all I liked that one and it's one of my favs.

I didn't like New Dawn much. The leveling up things I found to be more annoying than anything and the enemies were too hard to take down, even the lowest level ones. I really hope the new Far Cry is nothing like New Dawn.

That was part of leveling up though as well so you could deal additional damage if I recall. I know killing some animals became difficult but you could come up with crafty ways to avoid them and just pick them off targeting their weak spots. That actually became more fun than just spraying them to death until they died. I remember killing the chaotic bear or whatever the highest level was called by simply hiding on top of a roof and shooting him.

The weapons were definitely more interesting looking even if they felt normal in New Dawn because of the post apocalyptic look they gave them. I remember there were parts duct taped together on the guns, lol.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:10
Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 11:10
Jun 9, 2020, 11:10

I liked Far Cry 5's setting a lot. The weapon's were kind of odd at times with the damage. But over all I liked that one and it's one of my favs.

I didn't like New Dawn much. The leveling up things I found to be more annoying than anything and the enemies were too hard to take down, even the lowest level ones. I really hope the new Far Cry is nothing like New Dawn.
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older