7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Saturday Multiplex
Jun 7, 2020, 10:14
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 7, 2020, 10:14
Jun 7, 2020, 10:14

Dying Light has set the bar up very high. I hope Dead Island 2 can get close. My SO and I have been DI fans over the years; great co-op fun.

Jun 7, 2020, 08:16
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 7, 2020, 08:16
Jun 7, 2020, 08:16

Myself and many others still play TF2 daily and that is going on 13 years.

Jun 6, 2020, 21:32
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 6, 2020, 21:32
Jun 6, 2020, 21:32

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 6, 2020, 19:15:
"My favourite question," Kundratitz said when our friends at GamesIndustry.biz asked for an update on the beleaguered zombie sequel. "Look, Dead Island is a very important brand for us and we've got to get it right. It's just a testimony of our dedication to get it right.

"It's a great story to tell everyone that it's on its third studio, but we like to be judged on the end result and we're really confident that when it comes out it's going to be a kick-ass zombie game. We'll certainly give it all our power."

At what point does it turn into a demonstrated inability to "get it right," though, another 5 years?

Works for Star Citizen.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jun 6, 2020, 20:36
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 6, 2020, 20:36
Jun 6, 2020, 20:36

I think any game where weapons degradation is such that players will have to repair or swap out weapons every five minutes or less needs to think really hard about how they're going to handle this issue. They need to watch videos of their testers playing the game and have a bar that goes up while players are fighting or exploring or doing something fun, and have that bar go down three times as fast while players are dealing with their inventory and not having fun. Like, replacing gear with higher level gear is usually fun, but sifting through four or five bats with nails in them to figure out which one does more damage than the others and still has a usable amount of durability isn't. Dead Island was a game where that bar would have been constantly in the red for me.

Like, maybe players need to be able to set up filters for vendor trash, usable weapons, and weapons for special occasions. As long as you have "usable weapons" selected, it automatically picks the highest damage weapon out of that category for you. When that breaks, it switches to the next one and you don't have to go to the inventory screen. I don't know if filters should be automatic, or if that's too spreadsheety and it would be better to let players press keys to apply labels on pickup. Or maybe filters aren't the right approach, and it would be better to have the equipped item just eat crafting materials out of inventory. But as far as I'm concerned, any game that has weapons break every five minutes and expects me to open the inventory screen to compare replacements one by one is a non-starter. I don't care if it's Zelda or System Shock or if it wins forty game of the year awards; I've logged enough of that gameplay loop in my lifetime and I'm not doing it any more.

Jun 6, 2020, 20:25
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 6, 2020, 20:25
Jun 6, 2020, 20:25

fakespyder wrote on Jun 6, 2020, 20:04:
The first Dead Island trailer still sticks in my mind to this day.
Amazing trailer and game for it's time, Coop Zombies! Loved the game despite huge flaws like story. Lighter
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Jun 6, 2020, 20:04
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 6, 2020, 20:04
Jun 6, 2020, 20:04

The first Dead Island trailer still sticks in my mind to this day.

Jun 6, 2020, 19:15
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jun 6, 2020, 19:15
Jun 6, 2020, 19:15

"My favourite question," Kundratitz said when our friends at GamesIndustry.biz asked for an update on the beleaguered zombie sequel. "Look, Dead Island is a very important brand for us and we've got to get it right. It's just a testimony of our dedication to get it right.

"It's a great story to tell everyone that it's on its third studio, but we like to be judged on the end result and we're really confident that when it comes out it's going to be a kick-ass zombie game. We'll certainly give it all our power."

At what point does it turn into a demonstrated inability to "get it right," though, another 5 years?
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older