Project CARS 3 Announced

Following a tease last summer, a new tweet from Slightly Mad Studios reveals plans for Project CARS 3, saying the racing sequel is coming this summer. The tweet offers this Announce Trailer which includes the following description:
Get ready for Your Ultimate Driver Journey. Own, upgrade and customize hundreds of elite-brand road and race cars. Personalize your racing hero persona. And then race your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend in stunning global locations. Project CARS 3. Summer 2020. PS4, Xbox One, PC.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Project CARS 3 Announced
Jun 5, 2020, 08:11
Slick

Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 5, 2020, 08:11
Jun 5, 2020, 08:11
 Slick

Dude can you seriously tweet that to the project cars team? Just copy pasta, and put it in like a 3 part tweet, they'll read it. It's brilliant.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 4, 2020, 12:32
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 12:32
Jun 4, 2020, 12:32

yuastnav wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 03:44:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 03:19:
I know that e-gearheads get hard off this stuff, but it's such a turnoff for me. I want the advanced physics, the great cars and amazing tracks, but I have zero patience for the infinite customization that ends up being required to do well, or to even be able to place in some tracks. If they shipped with like 3 profiles for each car that I could easily pick to find a driving profile that "just works" then i'd be sold. As is my choices are racing games where tuning, modding, customizing, and labouring over car builds is the bulk of the game, or something like Trackmania on the other side.

I want all the cool stuff the sim games have, but have no patience nor free time to sink into doing all of that.

I know what you mean but your're probably in the minority. I know because I want a game with the most advanced driving physics there is that focuses not on super cars or modern race cars but on regular, normal cars that anyone can buy in a store. So far I know no one else who wants that. :/

That, my friends, is the biggest gap in car sims.

There may be quick blurbs in-game about the car settings and how each changes the handling of the car, like increasing push-rod lengths or rear suspension stiffness... but I've yet to see a game that TEACHES how to set a car up. I'm left looking through discussion boards, downloading PDF setup guides, or searching for a specific car setup that someone has shared and hoping that person has a clue what they are doing.

Here's an idea: The developer should create 'puzzle mini-games' in which a car is mostly configured correctly for a track and weather conditions, but there is a setting or two that's totally wrong. Let the driver jump into the car and complete a certain section of the track (as seen in Gran Turismo licence tests) and feel how the car handles. Then present the driver with options on how they think the car should be changed, described in layman's terms (with technical notes in parentheses), and they can repeat the challenge with the choice they made. Maybe the target in the challenge is time, lateral-G, brake distance, top speed, whatever...

These mini-games then increase in complexity, and gradually expand the drivers knowledge of how all the settings available for adjustment.

Project CARS 3 has good enough physics and force feedback effects to pull this kind of mode off, and a user base that would appreciate it.

Jun 4, 2020, 10:18
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 10:18
Jun 4, 2020, 10:18

ventry wrote:
Stupidly slow in some corners, unbelievably fast in others across all tracks.
That's my main problem with the game as well. I set out trying to win all career races at 80% AI strength, but fairly soon realized doing that required anything from barely being awake to having WR pace.
I'll probably get the game anyway, but I really hope they don't leave the AI in a WIP state, like they did with PC2.

Jun 4, 2020, 08:44
Kxmode

Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 08:44
Jun 4, 2020, 08:44
 Kxmode

That's a nice-looking Need For Speed game.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jun 4, 2020, 03:44
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 03:44
Jun 4, 2020, 03:44

Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 03:19:
I know that e-gearheads get hard off this stuff, but it's such a turnoff for me. I want the advanced physics, the great cars and amazing tracks, but I have zero patience for the infinite customization that ends up being required to do well, or to even be able to place in some tracks. If they shipped with like 3 profiles for each car that I could easily pick to find a driving profile that "just works" then i'd be sold. As is my choices are racing games where tuning, modding, customizing, and labouring over car builds is the bulk of the game, or something like Trackmania on the other side.

I want all the cool stuff the sim games have, but have no patience nor free time to sink into doing all of that.

I know what you mean but your're probably in the minority. I know because I want a game with the most advanced driving physics there is that focuses not on super cars or modern race cars but on regular, normal cars that anyone can buy in a store. So far I know no one else who wants that. :/
Now we donce.

Jun 4, 2020, 03:19
Slick

Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 03:19
Jun 4, 2020, 03:19
 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Jun 4, 2020, 01:01
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 01:01
Jun 4, 2020, 01:01

For me Assetto Corsa > PCAR mainly becase of unlimited amount of mod, cars and maps....
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Jun 4, 2020, 00:10
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 4, 2020, 00:10
Jun 4, 2020, 00:10

I'm excited to see the C8 Corvette starting to appear in games, in this case the C8.R. Hopefully the C8 Stingray will be there too.

Jun 3, 2020, 20:56
Re: Project CARS 3 Announced Jun 3, 2020, 20:56
Jun 3, 2020, 20:56

The problem I have with Project Cars is not the driving but, the AI.
Stupidly slow in some corners, unbelievably fast in others across all tracks.
Some tracks you whip the AI like a rabid dog and then the next track they take off into the distance and you have no hope of keeping up.
I know their (Slightly Mad Studios) focus is online racing so, I hold no hope that this will be addressed.
It's got the looks though.
The Lame Stream Media in the USA these days is nothing more than a Democrat Party protection racket.
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older