Jun 3, 2020, 16:09

Trump...A GREAT GREAT Man. Get over it

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jun 3, 2020, 11:07
Beamer

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 11:07
Jun 3, 2020, 11:07
 Beamer

Yeah, regardless of what you feel, it's better not to call Trump a Nazi because it turns the discussion into what a Nazi is and is not, rather than how weak a leader Trump is.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:55
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 10:55
Jun 3, 2020, 10:55

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 08:26:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2020, 22:07:
Trump is a child, an idiot, and a casual racist...
Trump is more than a casual racist. There are decades of records of his overt racism in the forms of what he said, what he did in his long string of failed businesses, and his moronic decisions. I think it would be more appropriate to say Trump is an active, overt racist.
Yeah, I knew I'd catch crap for that. I couldn't figure out a better way to say it and didn't want to spend a lot of time thinking of how to describe Trump. The less I think about him the better. And while there is a binary portion to being a racist, Redeye -- there are degrees. If 1 is not racist and 10 is an idiot calling for a race war, I'd probably put Trump at 7.5 or so... Unfortunately, other than voting him out of office this fall, there isn't much we can do about it.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 3, 2020, 10:32
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 10:32
Jun 3, 2020, 10:32

1badmf wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 07:23:
Trump is a child, an idiot, and a casual racist, but it is going overboard to call him a Nazi. Calling him one will only help Trump and his supporters. By "casual racist" I mean he has beliefs which are racist, but he doesn't want any race or creed eliminated. He just doesn't want them bothering him. Frankly his actions, while deplorable, bother me less than the cowardice of the GOP members of Congress who refuse to recognize his actions as dangerous, unconstitutional, and possibly illegal.

they're a lot more similar than you want to admit i think. hitler also started out blaming minorities for the ills of his society and using that pulpit to gain power. both men of limited intelligence who nevertheless knew how to rile up the masses to a hysterical fervor of racial nationalism. trump may not strictly be an official nazi yet, but they started out alarmingly identical. the only question is can we stop him before he takes off running down that terrible path. ironically it may be the memory of hitler himself that might be the thing that allows us to do so.
Tact said "By 'casual racist' I mean he..."
Reminds me of a girl I knew who was 'sorta pregnant'. Turns out she was pregnant.

The third rule of "Fight Club"—wear a mask.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:17
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 10:17
Jun 3, 2020, 10:17

1badmf wrote on Jun 2, 2020, 21:51:
this was a no brainer. trump doesn't have the first clue about what the bill of rights actually means. i think he would nullify the constitution itself if he was allowed to and it benefited him. he is literally a modern day nazi, barely held in check by our founding fathers.

He's a clown, but you apparently don't have the first clue on what "nazi" actually means.

Jun 3, 2020, 08:47
NKD
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 08:47
Jun 3, 2020, 08:47
NKD

Conservatives all for big invasive government and flushing the 1st Amendment down the toilet if it means people can't be mean to their God Emperor anymore.
Judging the health of the economy based on your 401k is like judging the quality of your furniture based on your coffin.

Jun 3, 2020, 08:26
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 08:26
Jun 3, 2020, 08:26

Trump is a child, an idiot, and a casual racist...

Trump is more than a casual racist. There are decades of records of his overt racism in the forms of what he said, what he did in his long string of failed businesses, and his moronic decisions. I think it would be more appropriate to say Trump is an active, overt racist.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Jun 3, 2020, 07:23
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 07:23
Jun 3, 2020, 07:23

Trump is a child, an idiot, and a casual racist, but it is going overboard to call him a Nazi. Calling him one will only help Trump and his supporters. By "casual racist" I mean he has beliefs which are racist, but he doesn't want any race or creed eliminated. He just doesn't want them bothering him. Frankly his actions, while deplorable, bother me less than the cowardice of the GOP members of Congress who refuse to recognize his actions as dangerous, unconstitutional, and possibly illegal.

they're a lot more similar than you want to admit i think. hitler also started out blaming minorities for the ills of his society and using that pulpit to gain power. both men of limited intelligence who nevertheless knew how to rile up the masses to a hysterical fervor of racial nationalism. trump may not strictly be an official nazi yet, but they started out alarmingly identical. the only question is can we stop him before he takes off running down that terrible path. ironically it may be the memory of hitler himself that might be the thing that allows us to do so.

Jun 3, 2020, 01:39
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2020, 01:39
Jun 3, 2020, 01:39

The greatest peril is not seeing that his constant unrelenting erosion of the law, abetted by his dumb/crooked supporters, *already* has consummated the downfall of true democracy.
It is too late, tremendous damage is done, now.
The question is, can he be ousted, will repairing start, or will this worsening disaster go on and on?.

Jun 2, 2020, 22:07
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 2, 2020, 22:07
Jun 2, 2020, 22:07

“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 2, 2020, 21:51
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 2, 2020, 21:51
Jun 2, 2020, 21:51

this was a no brainer. trump doesn't have the first clue about what the bill of rights actually means. i think he would nullify the constitution itself if he was allowed to and it benefited him. he is literally a modern day nazi, barely held in check by our founding fathers.
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older