Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is now available for free on the Epic Games Store, confirming the leak that the Borderlands combo-pack would be this week's free offering. This is yours to keep if you claim it by next Thursday when it will be supplanted by a new freebie. They once again are playing it mum about next week's giveaway, but the Reddit post that correctly predicted the last three free games says this will be Ark: Survival Evolved, so it seems like a good bet it's correct about that too. But before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here's what you can get for free right now:
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Shoot and loot as you explore the mayhem-filled world of Pandora in BORDERLANDS 2 and the lunar madness of BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL in BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION.

BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION includes:

• 2 critically acclaimed BORDERLANDS games in one package
  • All bonus add-on content, adding hundreds of hours of gameplay at an incredible value*
  • Cooperative gameplay for up to four players

View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free
May 29, 2020, 07:06
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 29, 2020, 07:06
May 29, 2020, 07:06

Jonjonz wrote on May 29, 2020, 06:54:
I played I and II and most of the DLCs except the prequels.

I found the whole series competent and mostly solid, but a bit repetitive once you have explored every nook and cranny.

I am guessing the Pre-Sequel is the same old-same old, just in a different environment? How much game play does it offer compared to I and II?
So is this prequel worth the download?
The core gameplay loop is the same, but the characters/classes are new and have abilities not seen in the previous games.

May 29, 2020, 06:54
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 29, 2020, 06:54
May 29, 2020, 06:54

I played I and II and most of the DLCs except the prequels.

I found the whole series competent and mostly solid, but a bit repetitive once you have explored every nook and cranny.

I am guessing the Pre-Sequel is the same old-same old, just in a different environment? How much game play does it offer compared to I and II?
So is this prequel worth the download?
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

May 28, 2020, 23:03
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 23:03
May 28, 2020, 23:03

DrSquick wrote on May 28, 2020, 21:29:
HorrorScope wrote on May 28, 2020, 12:41:
DrSquick wrote on May 28, 2020, 11:47:
So I've tried Borderlands 2 several times, and I get 10 hours or so into the story and it never seems to open up and I get stuck in some snowy area. I thought I've heard that at some point it becomes more like an ARPG where you grind for better loot. I've seen people with thousands of hours into it. Is there a different mode or do people just do the storyline over and over?

The story is way better than the typical ARPG. It has a story! It is well delivered as you play with good characters and voice acting. Is it some shakesperean feat? No. But a pretty good comedic one.

Yes you replay the story over and over for better loot, that is typical of ARPG's.

What are you expecting of this genre? What other ARPG's are doing something radically different? If it all ended at the end of the story, then the quest for more loot ends, game over, people complain.

And finally, yes there are people that don't like it and you can find someone else to agree with you, like any game ever. It is a widely respected and successful game. I have yet to try BL3.

I'm not entirely sure, but one thing that Diablo 3 does well is Adventure Mode. Which is a daily set of somewhat randomized quests in different areas. So every day you are going to different areas. I absolutely love the randomized loot with different attributes of games like BL and basically all ARPGs.

I'll try it again, because in theory BL should be one of my favorite games. I love randomized loot and shooters.

To be clear on my end, I only played it in coop.

May 28, 2020, 21:29
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 21:29
May 28, 2020, 21:29

HorrorScope wrote on May 28, 2020, 12:41:
So I've tried Borderlands 2 several times, and I get 10 hours or so into the story and it never seems to open up and I get stuck in some snowy area. I thought I've heard that at some point it becomes more like an ARPG where you grind for better loot. I've seen people with thousands of hours into it. Is there a different mode or do people just do the storyline over and over?

The story is way better than the typical ARPG. It has a story! It is well delivered as you play with good characters and voice acting. Is it some shakesperean feat? No. But a pretty good comedic one.

Yes you replay the story over and over for better loot, that is typical of ARPG's.

What are you expecting of this genre? What other ARPG's are doing something radically different? If it all ended at the end of the story, then the quest for more loot ends, game over, people complain.

And finally, yes there are people that don't like it and you can find someone else to agree with you, like any game ever. It is a widely respected and successful game. I have yet to try BL3.

I'm not entirely sure, but one thing that Diablo 3 does well is Adventure Mode. Which is a daily set of somewhat randomized quests in different areas. So every day you are going to different areas. I absolutely love the randomized loot with different attributes of games like BL and basically all ARPGs.

I'll try it again, because in theory BL should be one of my favorite games. I love randomized loot and shooters.

May 28, 2020, 20:16
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 20:16
May 28, 2020, 20:16

Go EGS brutal freebies !
Loved Borderlands 2, played it to death (except the last DLC, Dragon Keep, got lost a lot, will finish it someday).
Though I prefer Borderlands 1, will play Remastered eventually.

Hated the subpar Pre-Sequel, made by an australian studio, got bored rapidly, bailed out.

May 28, 2020, 15:29
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 15:29
May 28, 2020, 15:29

BL2 is one of my favs. I'm in the middle of run through now. As Beam mentioned rare guns are too rare, but there are plenty of awesome guns to be had. I kind of feel that BL1 had better guns because they were less dialed in: you could get something random that was just crazy, which was fun and cool. In BL2 the randomness is within a much tighter range, so there's no chance of that. The enemies have a lot of variety, and are fun and challenging as long as your level doesn't outstrip the quest level. And the characters are funnily written and well acted.

Also has some of the best DLC ever made for a game: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

The Pre-Sequel didn't really grab me, maybe I need to play through again.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

May 28, 2020, 13:06
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 13:06
May 28, 2020, 13:06

Yeah the respawns in the first game reminded me of the mobs from WoW.

May 28, 2020, 13:01
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 13:01
May 28, 2020, 13:01

You have a couple of options, once you finish the game you can play whichever part of it you want at your current lvl and gear or you can start a new game + which is somewhat harder. Exploration in these games is key, you can find tons of easter eggs and loot if you look around a bit.

I had a great time with BL2 according to steam I have 666 hours into it. Currently at 200 hours into BL3.

I just whish there was a middleground between the 2 in regards to legendaries, in BL2 they are pretty rare, in BL3 you stumble over them (to give you an idea I have 400+ legendaries in BL3 atm and maybe 20 in BL2)

BL1 never grabbed me, not even when it was new, it's the worst one imo, pre-sequel while not as good as 2 and 3 is imo still miles better then the first one, I hate the bloody respawns in the first game, sometimes had to clear the same part 2-3 times in a row to get trough it as if you died far into a mission the enemies at the sart would have respawned and you could not clear them fast enough so you basically had to start over.

May 28, 2020, 12:41
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 12:41
May 28, 2020, 12:41

May 28, 2020, 12:03
Beamer

Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 12:03
May 28, 2020, 12:03
 Beamer

Loved BL2. Loved the villain, well, until the end. Loved the gameplay. It was a fun feedback loop. The poor balancing of golden guns was the only issue - they clearly wanted them to be rare, but as gamers, we want them. Having to kill a boss 100+ times wasn't the way.

May 28, 2020, 11:57
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 11:57
May 28, 2020, 11:57

I found BL2 disappointing as well. Didn't grab me like BL1 (and BL1 remastered incorporates a lot of the BL2 GUI improvements and makes it a much better replay experience).
Like you I got several hours into BL2 and just felt frustrated and lost interest. It's made worse by the terrible navigation system that doesn't take into account elevation. I can't tell you how many times I drove to a mission nab point to find I was actually on top of a cliff looking down at my destination, or vice-a-versa.
So far, BL3 feels a lot more enjoyable than BL2 was.
- The Flying Penguin

May 28, 2020, 11:47
Re: Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Free May 28, 2020, 11:47
May 28, 2020, 11:47

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older