26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

removed
May 25, 2020, 14:29
removed May 25, 2020, 14:29
May 25, 2020, 14:29

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 25, 2020, 15:22.
 Topic Locked Report

Re: Sunday Metaverse
May 25, 2020, 14:18
Beamer

Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 14:18
May 25, 2020, 14:18
 Beamer

Retired wrote on May 25, 2020, 13:58:
Beamer wrote on May 25, 2020, 12:18:
TriggleDiggle wrote on May 25, 2020, 01:30:
Beamer wrote on May 24, 2020, 21:17:
Pretty much every single "censored" conservative voice very clearly violated sensible TOS.

I agree for the most part, But I think the issue is that there is bias in when those TOS are enforced.
The far right has to walk on egg shells while the far left can say pretty much anything.

Give an example. For nearly anyone, you can find exactly what they got banned for. And usually, it was inciting violence or racism. Unless those are core traits of conservatism, they weren't banned for political views.

Take Alex Jones. Is harassing the parents of dead schoolchildren a core tenet of conservatism? No. He was banned for being an asshole, not for being a conservative. Same with Milo. Same with that woman that is friends with Ajit Pai and chained herself to Twitter.

Maybe I am dense, explain to me why Antifa and ISIS have Twitter accounts?

There's an official ISIS Twitter? Can you link us to it?

As for antifa, there is no antifa. There is no antifa leadership, there is no official antifa organization, and you talking like there is is also kind of telling.
Generally, something like "antifa" is some small person making occasional tweets. Much like similar shitraking "organizations" such as allives matter, there's nothing official and anyone posting anything is flying under the radar. Given that there are billions of tweets an hour, only things getting reported get looked at.

If some crazy person can make racist tweets under antifa or blue lives matter, it's because no one is paying attention to them.

Edit - looks like Twitter has been actively searching out and removing all ISIS content since 2014. Again, I ask where you get your news and why it frequently seems based on emotions, not data, and seems to come from Breitbart, The Blaze, InfoWars, and YouTube - places that aren't reputable for truthful information.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 13:58
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 13:58
May 25, 2020, 13:58

Beamer wrote on May 25, 2020, 12:18:
Pretty much every single "censored" conservative voice very clearly violated sensible TOS.

I agree for the most part, But I think the issue is that there is bias in when those TOS are enforced.
The far right has to walk on egg shells while the far left can say pretty much anything.

Give an example. For nearly anyone, you can find exactly what they got banned for. And usually, it was inciting violence or racism. Unless those are core traits of conservatism, they weren't banned for political views.

Take Alex Jones. Is harassing the parents of dead schoolchildren a core tenet of conservatism? No. He was banned for being an asshole, not for being a conservative. Same with Milo. Same with that woman that is friends with Ajit Pai and chained herself to Twitter.

Maybe I am dense, explain to me why Antifa and ISIS have Twitter accounts?
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 12:18
Beamer

Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 12:18
May 25, 2020, 12:18
 Beamer

Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 11:50
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 11:50
May 25, 2020, 11:50

El Pit wrote on May 25, 2020, 11:41:
Good choice. Nobody knows as much about bias on social media as Trump and his cohorts.
NKD wrote on May 25, 2020, 09:18:
Harvey Weinstein reportedly considering a panel to examine sexual harrassment in the workplace.
/and thread
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 11:41
El Pit

Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 11:41
May 25, 2020, 11:41
 El Pit

Good choice. Nobody knows as much about bias on social media as Trump and his cohorts.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 09:36
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 09:36
May 25, 2020, 09:36

TriggleDiggle wrote on May 25, 2020, 02:47:
What will you be saying if one day right wing extremism becomes fashionable enough that they gain control of all these platforms and start shutting down everyone who they disagree with as the Communists have in the PRC?, Its incredibly shortsighted.

If you can't see the difference between getting shut down because you are spewing hate, misinformation, lies to forward your political agenda and getting shut down because you are speaking truth to power then frankly you don't have a analytical ability to be part of the debate.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 09:18
NKD
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 09:18
May 25, 2020, 09:18
NKD

Harvey Weinstein reportedly considering a panel to examine sexual harrassment in the workplace.
Thou art an artless, greasy tallow-catch.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 08:14
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 08:14
May 25, 2020, 08:14

Nonsense. Far-right personalities have often been allowed to voice their opinions even when clearly in violation of TOS. It's only when the backlash gets too much that the TOS are enforced and they're removed. InfoWars and Alex Jones were an obvious example of that.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 05:20
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 05:20
May 25, 2020, 05:20

Funny. Exactly the people I would have imagined crying about this.
Everyone should welcome this. Unless they have totalitarian tendencies.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 02:47
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 02:47
May 25, 2020, 02:47

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2020, 22:28:
What censorship? Censorship applies to government.

Regardless of the legality, When a corporation censors you its still called censorship.

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2020, 22:28:
Blue removes posts all the time. Even when he removes mine that I disagree with the removal of I still respect the fact that it's his house, his rules. I'm not being censored. If the government comes along and starts doing it, that's censorship. There's absolutely nothing stopping those right-wing extremists from going out and starting their own social media platform. Nothing at all.

I think there is a big difference comparing a tiny platform like blues news to something like Twitter Facebook or Youtube.
And those right wingers did attempt to start their own platforms, But they also got shut down by corporations. They would basically have to recreate the entire infrastructure of the internet.

The internet and its social media platforms are the main way most of society communicates now, Just because technically they can shut down everyone they disagree with doesn't mean that's a good thing. What difference does it make if the government is censoring you or corporations when the result is the same?
What will you be saying if one day right wing extremism becomes fashionable enough that they gain control of all these platforms and start shutting down everyone who they disagree with as the Communists have in the PRC?, Its incredibly shortsighted.

The argument that its ok because its legal is the same argument that guy who bought the patents on the aids medication used when jacked up the prices.
Its also similar to the argument that right wingers use when they say they should be allowed to wander around a supermarket with a minigun because the second amendment says they can bear arms.
These advancements in technology weren't foreseen when those laws were written.

This absolutely needs to be investigated. But clearly not by Trump
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 01:53
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 01:53
May 25, 2020, 01:53

Sorry, man. Unless you have hard data that says otherwise, this has been shown to just be political theater on the right.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 01:30
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 01:30
May 25, 2020, 01:30

Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 00:41
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 00:41
May 25, 2020, 00:41

ventry wrote on May 24, 2020, 22:07:
Cool story bro....
Now do Joe Biden. |
V

Trying to change the topic, narrative does not dismiss my actual core point. Nice try though kid. But you need to try much harder for me to take that amateurish right wing tactic, bait.
 Topic Locked Report

May 25, 2020, 00:00
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 25, 2020, 00:00
May 25, 2020, 00:00

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2020, 23:50:
Well, I suppose I used to, given that one side was perfectly ok with a man that raped 25 women becoming the most powerful man in the world.

The sad part about that - you could be speaking about a number of individuals......
 Topic Locked Report

May 24, 2020, 23:50
Beamer

Re: Sunday Metaverse May 24, 2020, 23:50
May 24, 2020, 23:50
 Beamer

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 24, 2020, 21:21:
If you dont think there's a one way street when it comes to censorship and conservative voices vs. everyone else.. you're either outright lying, or have your head in the sand.

Look at the girl in the UK who was raped and beaten by Pakistani Muslims.. she cannot even speak about it on social media because she's been warned, censored and told to shut up about it. Between her and the grooming gangs running rampant, how the hell is that not an allowed topic?

Weirdly, I can find plenty of talk about her, but nothing from her, as it appear she never released her name. Nothing complaining about her being banned from social media.

However, inciting racial hatred is against TOS. So it would certainly depend upon how you discuss it. I never knew one side had a hard "rape is bad" angle. Well, I suppose I used to, given that one side was perfectly ok with a man that raped 25 women becoming the most powerful man in the world.
 Topic Locked Report

May 24, 2020, 23:27
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 24, 2020, 23:27
May 24, 2020, 23:27

It's that you think that they're all "extremists" that causes me the most alarm
 Topic Locked Report

May 24, 2020, 23:03
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 24, 2020, 23:03
May 24, 2020, 23:03

Left wing bias? Kek...

He means the democrats... And democrats are at best center right ( what is strangely considered centrist by some in the US ), same with the DNC sold out channels ( MSNBC / CNN ), heavily favoring corporatism. Then there's right media ( FOX ).

As for online outlets, they're squarely in the MSNBC / CNN area for the most part, also heavily favoring corporatism.

There is no "left media outlet" either on TV or on the net in the US. Not a single one is really favoring workers ( not just paying lip service and pushing for corporatist policies instead ).

US's "left" are the progressive voices pushing for social democrat policies ( slightly right of center when you consider the whole left/right spectrum ). Very few go more to the left than that, if at all.

And those progressive voices are often trashed, downplayed and even ignored in the media, instead pushing for center right corporatists like Biden, except Fox who are more interested in right to far right like Trump and co.

See Vice's "Bernie Blackout" documentary for details and just look at the coverage Trump got in 2016 VS what Bernie got in 2016 and 2020.

Looking at it from an outsider, it's quite funny how skewed to the right the US's politics Overton Window really is, so much so that your "left" is everyone else's center right and your far left is everyone else's center.

There's no left in US media...
 Topic Locked Report

May 24, 2020, 22:28
Cutter

Re: Sunday Metaverse May 24, 2020, 22:28
May 24, 2020, 22:28
 Cutter

Galamedes wrote on May 24, 2020, 18:08:
I believe that the move is more geared toward the "censorship" of conservative voices rather than bias. The bias may play a part in it, but if the reciprocal is true in your words then we all know that each party has their own favorite news site. Again, it's about the censorship of conservative voices and not so much a bias even if that bias is fuel for the censorship movement.

What censorship? Censorship applies to government. And that's all the 1st Amendment applies to. Blue removes posts all the time. Even when he removes mine that I disagree with the removal of I still respect the fact that it's his house, his rules. I'm not being censored. If the government comes along and starts doing it, that's censorship. There's absolutely nothing stopping those right-wing extremists from going out and starting their own social media platform. Nothing at all.
Morty: You sold a gun to a murderer so you could play video games?
Rick: Yeah, sure, I mean, if you spend all day shuffling words around, you can make anything sound bad, Morty.
 Topic Locked Report

May 24, 2020, 22:07
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 24, 2020, 22:07
May 24, 2020, 22:07

GothicWizard wrote on May 24, 2020, 20:53:
Galamedes wrote on May 24, 2020, 18:08:
I believe that the move is more geared toward the "censorship" of conservative voices rather than bias. The bias may play a part in it, but if the reciprocal is true in your words then we all know that each party has their own favorite news site. Again, it's about the censorship of conservative voices and not so much a bias even if that bias is fuel for the censorship movement.

The only "censorship" is this;
Right Wing Talking Head: Spews misinformation, lies, partial truth or hate speech
Admins: That is not factually correct, proper conduct. You are banned for repeated violations.
RRTH: See how I am being censored!!!! woe is me...

So please.

Cool story bro....
Now do Joe Biden. |
V
!!!!DANGER!!!!
You are being conditioned to view your freedom as "selfish".
 Topic Locked Report
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older