Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month

Xbox Wire announces Sea of Thieves will finally set sail on Steam on June 3rd. They celebrate the news with a new Steam Release Date Reveal Trailer and there are details on the news in the Steam Sea of Thieves FAQ, which explains that the PC edition will still require Windows 10. Here's a bit:
We’re delighted to announce that our ever-evolving pirate adventure Sea of Thieves will be launching on Steam on June 3, 2020. For over two years the members of our community have been sailing freely into fantastical adventure with Xbox Game Pass and on Xbox One and Windows 10, but as we go full steam ahead we look forward to onboarding a whole new community of PC players. We can’t wait to welcome these eager new pirates into the fold and watch them discover Sea of Thieves’ wide open world for themselves.

With a player base of 10 million pirates and counting and a host of exciting plans for the future, the wind is now in Sea of Thieves’ sails. Since launching on Xbox One and Windows 10 in March 2018, the game has been on a hugely eventful journey. From the arrival of its first free new adventures in The Hungering Deep to the enormous Anniversary Update that introduced Tall Tales and The Arena, and then on to the introduction of more regular monthly content releases in 2019 – most recently with Ships of Fortune in April – it’s evolved into the definitive pirate adventure – growing stronger with each slew of additions and ways to play.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month
May 22, 2020, 09:07
Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 22, 2020, 09:07
May 22, 2020, 09:07

The Half Elf wrote on May 22, 2020, 00:12:

As stated it was never in a "bad" state, just absolutely devoid of anything to do. They've added content, but the damage had been done.

Um, many would argue that your very comment is the definition of what a "bad state" actually is.

Games are supposed to provide entertainment, and being devoid of anything to do, sounds like the exact opposite.

May 22, 2020, 02:17
Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 22, 2020, 02:17
May 22, 2020, 02:17

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2020, 23:49:
PvP mode? I thought it was PvP only, or PvP centric. Only reason I never played it was because of that. Typical PvP gankfest grief-fest.

I just remember following a crappy map and clues trying to find treasure, doing the same shallow missions over and over. PVP would have been welcome at that point, but due to the low population (maybe in OCE?) i hardly saw anyone... and instead had to find amusement by annoying my friends with music instruments.

/shrug

May 22, 2020, 00:12
Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 22, 2020, 00:12
May 22, 2020, 00:12

Kxmode wrote on May 21, 2020, 19:40:
Did the Devs ever get this game to a good state?

As stated it was never in a "bad" state, just absolutely devoid of anything to do. They've added content, but the damage had been done.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

May 21, 2020, 23:49
Cutter

Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 21, 2020, 23:49
May 21, 2020, 23:49
 Cutter

PvP mode? I thought it was PvP only, or PvP centric. Only reason I never played it was because of that. Typical PvP gankfest grief-fest.
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

May 21, 2020, 20:24
Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 21, 2020, 20:24
May 21, 2020, 20:24

It was always good! But I'm guessing the answer for people who want something this isn't and will never be the answer is no. There is a lot more stuff in it now, and a PvP mode! But it's always ran and played really well. I'm not actually a huge fan of the feature bloat, I think it's strength was in simple mechanics layering over each other in such a way that kept any fiddliness out of the way that made multi-crew multi-boat combat awesome but there are slightly more interesting quests and things to get up to you as context for those awesome moments now.

There is still nothing like it, it's been over two years and the supposedly superior co-optional sailing sandboxes are wallowing in low quality ignomity or development hell.

May 21, 2020, 19:40
Kxmode

Re: Sea of Thieves on Steam Next Month May 21, 2020, 19:40
May 21, 2020, 19:40
 Kxmode

Did the Devs ever get this game to a good state?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older