Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Games Purchased Before They Go on Sale

A tweet from Joshua Boggs indicates Epic Games is now offering partial refunds to those who buy games from the Epic Games Store shortly before those games go on sale (thanks VG247). The store has not posted an official refund policy, but Joshua, who is founder of Studio MayDay, posted the following email he received after one of his recent purchases went on sale:
Hi Joshua,

You recently placed orders from the Epic Games Store. The price of the game(s) you purchased were recently lowered, so we are issuing partial refunds for the difference(s).
View : : :

Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale
May 22, 2020, 07:23
Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale May 22, 2020, 07:23
May 22, 2020, 07:23

I also picked up control. Not anywhere near done yet, but absolutely loving it. More than anything it reminds me of Prey without the jump scares. The attention to detail and, the amazing art style, and the creepy atmosphere is very similar. I would also be very surprised if the creators were not influenced by Twin Peaks while making this. It has a few of the elements and definitely the atmosphere.

The combat is good, and the environmental destruction is amazing, but it feels like the game could be heavier on the mysteries.

HoSpanky wrote on May 18, 2020, 19:35:
Well that’s nice of them. I picked up Control at the start of the sale and I’ve finished the main campaign. It’s not that it’s terribly short; it’s terribly compelling.

If you won’t buy from EGS, that’s your decision. Assuming it shows up on other stores, I highly recommend Control. Its like Warehouse 13, but done with the gravity and detail focus of X-Files. They clearly spent a LOT of time world-building, which isn’t the focus of gameplay videos. Yes, you absolutely have a lot of giddy room-destroying combat, but there’s also a surprisingly deep world it happens in.
Date
Subject
Author
May 22, 07:23May 22 07:23
 Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale