Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Games Purchased Before They Go on Sale

A tweet from Joshua Boggs indicates Epic Games is now offering partial refunds to those who buy games from the Epic Games Store shortly before those games go on sale (thanks VG247). The store has not posted an official refund policy, but Joshua, who is founder of Studio MayDay, posted the following email he received after one of his recent purchases went on sale:
Hi Joshua,

You recently placed orders from the Epic Games Store. The price of the game(s) you purchased were recently lowered, so we are issuing partial refunds for the difference(s).
View : : :

Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale
May 18, 2020, 14:50
Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale May 18, 2020, 14:50
May 18, 2020, 14:50

RogueSix wrote on May 18, 2020, 14:38:
It is already optional for quite a few games. MechWarrior 5 would be one example. You can create a shortcut to the executable and launch the game without the Epic client.

What's the ratio? Like 10% of their AAA line up? I'm not talking indy games that are easily available DRM free.

RogueSix wrote on May 18, 2020, 14:38:
Epic also deserves some credit for not repeating the Steam idiocy of double launcher DRM in the case of UbiSoft games. I have bought two Ubi games and some DLC (Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2) with coupons from EGS and after linking with uPlay you never need to launch the Epic client again for those games. Well, unless you buy a DLC on the EGS. Then you need to launch the game exactly *once* more from the Epic client to register the DLC on uPlay. Once that linking is done, it is back to uPlay only.

Well, that's nice and all, but not exactly what I'm talking about. I won't sign up for the other DRM's either.

Pretty much I convert (re-purchase) my games once they are on GOG (Like the Last two Deus Ex games just got on there). Eventually I will be ready to dump Steam. Any left over games at that point, I'll just crack and say goodbye to Steam forever.

Basically, I'm looking for another GOG... not another Steam.
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!
Date
Subject
Author
May 18, 14:50May 18 14:50
  Re: Epic Offering Partial Refunds for Purchasing Games Before They Go on Sale