Developer Genius Slackers announces What Happened
, an upcoming
psychological thriller built with the Unreal Engine that's expected
in July. We're a little disappointed this is not titled What Had Happened Was,
but we'll get over it. Word is: "In development for three years, What Happened
is a labor of love for the small independent Warsaw-based team, headed by
founder Hassan Mehdiasl. The studio has overcome many challenges to deliver an
experience it hopes will remind players everywhere of the power of unity,
empathy and a damn good story." Here's the
and here's what will happen with What Happened:
“What Happened is the
first game that puts you in the shoes of a teenage boy suffering from acute
anxiety and depression. You must guide Stiles through the darkly atmospheric and
twisted corridors of his own mind, where his fate depends entirely on your
empathy with his fragile state of mind.”
- Psychological thriller in which you guide high school student Stiles on
an uncompromising journey through his troubled teenage mind.
- Unique first person perspective on an individual’s journey through
anxiety and depression.
- Densely atmospheric world of waking nightmares infused with distorted
- Environmental puzzles and cues guide you through the twisted corridors
of Stiles’ mind.
- The empathy you show for the character will subtly affect the outcome of