A post from
from a couple of weeks ago updates us on plans for DLC and a
free update for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
via Neutronbeam). They say they were originally hoping to release
DLC titled Heroes of the Inner Sphere for their BattleTech mech game this month.
They later adjusted that target window to June, but now with their team working
from home they feel it's unlikely they will actually get this out in the first
half of this year. They say they are using the additional time to add more
content to the pack and they also have plans to add new features to the base
game with a free update. Here's what they say is in the works:
Heroes of the Inner Sphere
- Follow your chosen career path from War Dog to Treasure Hunter in the
new Career Mode.
- Explore new warzones, new quests, new missions that span the full
breadth of the Inner Sphere.
- Hunt the Heroes - special Hero quests tell the story of 7 new heroes and
their unique mechs.
- Find new mech chassis and variants, new weapons, new equipment, as well
as blueprints to quirk your beloved mechs.
…and much more.
We also wanted to share details of what we are currently working on:
- New Career Mode - start a career from scratch in any of the great houses
or import your progress from the original Campaign.
- Career Paths - Complete 5 different job types to unlock career path
rewards including new blueprints for quirking mechs.
- Expanded Inner Sphere Map that includes 61 total warzones (+18), 34
Industrial Hubs, and 55 quest lines (+11) recrafted for less linear, more
- Hunt down 7 new heroes and their hero mechs in the story-driven Hero
Quests, featuring 7 unique handcrafted missions.
- 7 new 'Mech chassis: Corsair, Vulcan, Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Dervish,
Champion, Marauder II
- 50 new variants including new variants for existing chassis.
- New equipment: ECM, EWECM, BAP, EWAP, MASC, Supercharger.
- New Weapons: Chem Lasers, Short Burst lasers, Mech Rifles.
- New Procedural Mission type: Beachhead that features artillery strikes
- New Giant Moon Biome and Moonbase garrisons.
These aspects (below) would be part of a free update:
- Keep tabs on the latest Inner Sphere news to check when borders change
or when new tech becomes available + many more lore-based events.
- QoL fixes such as full 360 LOS radar, and ambient and area-based heat
- ...and more still to come...