MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift

A post from Piranha Games from a couple of weeks ago updates us on plans for DLC and a free update for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries (thanks PC Gamer via Neutronbeam). They say they were originally hoping to release DLC titled Heroes of the Inner Sphere for their BattleTech mech game this month. They later adjusted that target window to June, but now with their team working from home they feel it's unlikely they will actually get this out in the first half of this year. They say they are using the additional time to add more content to the pack and they also have plans to add new features to the base game with a free update. Here's what they say is in the works:
DLC - Heroes of the Inner Sphere

• Follow your chosen career path from War Dog to Treasure Hunter in the new Career Mode.
  • Explore new warzones, new quests, new missions that span the full breadth of the Inner Sphere.
  • Hunt the Heroes - special Hero quests tell the story of 7 new heroes and their unique mechs.
  • Find new mech chassis and variants, new weapons, new equipment, as well as blueprints to quirk your beloved mechs.
    …and much more.

Content Summary
We also wanted to share details of what we are currently working on:

• New Career Mode - start a career from scratch in any of the great houses or import your progress from the original Campaign.
  • Career Paths - Complete 5 different job types to unlock career path rewards including new blueprints for quirking mechs.
  • Expanded Inner Sphere Map that includes 61 total warzones (+18), 34 Industrial Hubs, and 55 quest lines (+11) recrafted for less linear, more open exploration.
  • Hunt down 7 new heroes and their hero mechs in the story-driven Hero Quests, featuring 7 unique handcrafted missions.
  • 7 new 'Mech chassis: Corsair, Vulcan, Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Dervish, Champion, Marauder II
  • 50 new variants including new variants for existing chassis.
  • New equipment: ECM, EWECM, BAP, EWAP, MASC, Supercharger.
  • New Weapons: Chem Lasers, Short Burst lasers, Mech Rifles.
  • New Procedural Mission type: Beachhead that features artillery strikes and emplacements.
  • New Giant Moon Biome and Moonbase garrisons.

These aspects (below) would be part of a free update:

• Keep tabs on the latest Inner Sphere news to check when borders change or when new tech becomes available + many more lore-based events.
  • QoL fixes such as full 360 LOS radar, and ambient and area-based heat effects.
  • ...and more still to come...

View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift
Apr 27, 2020, 14:00
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 27, 2020, 14:00
Apr 27, 2020, 14:00

Yeah and not a peep about any VR support for a game that has native VR built into it.

Wait for a Steam or GOG.com sale folks.

Apr 27, 2020, 06:14
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 27, 2020, 06:14
Apr 27, 2020, 06:14

Those looking for a fun engaging story campaign along the lines of ANY previous Mechwarrior games, look elsewhere. Although I enjoyed my playthrough as Im a huge Mechwarrior nerd and had fun tinkering with my lance, this was NOT the Mechwarrior game I wanted.

Apr 27, 2020, 05:50
Rilcon

Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 27, 2020, 05:50
Apr 27, 2020, 05:50
 Rilcon

The game's fortunately fairly moddable, with explicit modding support from the devs. I found a few mods to increase loadout flexibility, weapon behaviors, and "shrink" most mechs did a lot to improve the game for me.

I've seen some recent mods available that improve AI behavior and enemy spawning, but haven't tried those or played recently.

As it is (with the mods I used) I found it fun enough, but nothing to do really after finishing the campaign as the "open world" isn't involved enough. A proper career mode will probably bring me back. Plus more mods I guess.

Apr 26, 2020, 21:37
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 21:37
Apr 26, 2020, 21:37

I dunno if I can quantify it or articulate it, so I'll just simply say the game wasn't fun. I think the level design had a lot to do with it. It kind reminded me of the maps from Tribes:Ascent. Just kind of arena looking.

Apr 26, 2020, 19:16
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 19:16
Apr 26, 2020, 19:16

so wait for MW6. got it.

Apr 26, 2020, 19:10
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 19:10
Apr 26, 2020, 19:10

IMO:

Needs less tank and heli spam. It's like 99% of your time fighting in this game is with these insta spawning garbage.
Enemy spawn in on triggers needs to be removed entirely.
Maps need a complete overhaul, and made interesting with different paths/options.
Mech battles need to feel intense and interesting (what happened to "enemy mech detected", and encountering larger mech's piloted by higher ranked enemies should be made to feel 'special'.)
Need new and interesting objectives instead of the same missions over and over.
Mech's need more customization. This isn't a PVP game! Remove all the BS restrictions you've copied straight from MWO.
Mech AI is a joke, especially the friendlies.... you are meant to be on defense and your 'friends' spend the majority of their time shooting and running into the building they are meant to be protecting.
etc etc

The original Mechwarrior games had so much more mission variety and mech customisation.... way back in the 90's!

These guys have got the core mechanics and graphics working well, but the game itself just feels hollow, shallow and repetitive. It was 'OK', but very forgettable.

Apr 26, 2020, 17:06
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 17:06
Apr 26, 2020, 17:06

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 26, 2020, 16:37:
GinRummy wrote on Apr 26, 2020, 14:35:
I had to look this up, since I can never remember the difference between Mechwarrior and Battletech. Big piloted clunky robot machines fighting each other.
Battletech (the recent video game) is an indie game by the tabletop game's creator (among others) that is turned-based and quite well executed. Mechwarrior 5 is a cash-grab by Piranha games, reusing much of their multiplayer game's assets in a buggy, awful UI-ed, and uninspired game that sold-out its fans to be an Epic exclusive. Just FYI.

Battletech is like Shadow Run (and made by the same company) so turn based. This is pew pew.

But have to say there are some glaring issues that need to be addressed before I pull the trigger on the DLC. 1)Mechwarriors on your team are fucking stupid when it comes to useing weapons. 2) Mechbays and Salvage Crates are in the tutorial only never to be seen again. 3) All the fucking ankle biter helicopters and tanks that spawn in out of fucking no where. 4) Quality of Life UI features/reworks.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Apr 26, 2020, 16:37
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 16:37
Apr 26, 2020, 16:37

GinRummy wrote on Apr 26, 2020, 14:35:
I had to look this up, since I can never remember the difference between Mechwarrior and Battletech. Big piloted clunky robot machines fighting each other.
Battletech (the recent video game) is an indie game by the tabletop game's creator (among others) that is turned-based and quite well executed. Mechwarrior 5 is a cash-grab by Piranha games, reusing much of their multiplayer game's assets in a buggy, awful UI-ed, and uninspired game that sold-out its fans to be an Epic exclusive. Just FYI.

Apr 26, 2020, 14:35
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC Plans Shift Apr 26, 2020, 14:35
Apr 26, 2020, 14:35

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older