Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters?

A pair of tweets from Tim Willits suggest the just announced Crysis Remaster may encompass more than just one installment in this first-person shooter franchise (thanks DSOGaming). The former id Software mainstay who is now at Crysis Remaster co-developer Saber Interactive twice refers to Crysis games as plural, suggesting the remaster may include the Crysis Warhead standalone expansion or more. Word is:
I always loved Crysis games, and it's exciting to work with Crytek to bring these games to new audiences #Crysis

We will be talking about the remasters more soon. I'm glad people are excited.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters?
Apr 19, 2020, 20:18
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 20:18
Apr 19, 2020, 20:18

There's a rumour that they're going to use the 360 versions as a base, which means it'll use the simplified console suit controls. I really hope this isn't the case because it'll kill interest in it for a lot of people, myself included. The level of control you had in Crysis 1 on PC was amazing, and having everything be context sensitive in the console versions really watered down the suit's abilities.

Apr 19, 2020, 19:47
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 19:47
Apr 19, 2020, 19:47

Redoing games seems to be a big thing nowadays..
And after all why not? Look at the latest Doom games they are after all remakes of the original Doom games Doom and Doom2. On the other hand you have higher res versions of old games. Freshening them gaphically without changing gameplay. I guess Crysis games will me more like that as the name remaster would imply. Pity because Tim WIllits is more a gameplay guy than a Graphics dude, so not sure what his part he will play in that.
Also wondering if Redfall will be a Daggerfall remake on the Elder Scrolls front...

Apr 19, 2020, 19:20
Beamer

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 19:20
Apr 19, 2020, 19:20
 Beamer

Jedi Master wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 19:09:
Everyone seems to forget Crysis Warhead, which was the original sequel and actually was more of the first.

The 2nd and 3rd games were fine technically, and the gameplay wasn't bad or anything, but the setting and the storylines were not nearly as good.

You have this big showdown with the aliens in the mid Pacific, and then you're in Manhattan because reasons. I can understand not wanting to repeat the uninhabited Pacific Island theme, but they could've made it in Japan or Okinawa or Taiwan or Alaska or some other rim area where you start in the countryside and end with the city as the 3rd act and not the entire game.

Also, I have spoken with many, many people over the years that loved Crysis UNTIL the aliens came into it, they preferred fighting the humans. So the 2 sequels went straight to aliens and the humans seemed like an afterthought. It was Crytek's midichlorian moment.

Warhead was an expansion, not a sequel. A standalone one, but definitely not a full sequel.
It was also a lot of fun, because it had the best character.

Apr 19, 2020, 19:09
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 19:09
Apr 19, 2020, 19:09

Everyone seems to forget Crysis Warhead, which was the original sequel and actually was more of the first.

The 2nd and 3rd games were fine technically, and the gameplay wasn't bad or anything, but the setting and the storylines were not nearly as good.

You have this big showdown with the aliens in the mid Pacific, and then you're in Manhattan because reasons. I can understand not wanting to repeat the uninhabited Pacific Island theme, but they could've made it in Japan or Okinawa or Taiwan or Alaska or some other rim area where you start in the countryside and end with the city as the 3rd act and not the entire game.

Also, I have spoken with many, many people over the years that loved Crysis UNTIL the aliens came into it, they preferred fighting the humans. So the 2 sequels went straight to aliens and the humans seemed like an afterthought. It was Crytek's midichlorian moment.

Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
Rigs

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
 Rigs

fakespyder wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 17:27:
If you tweak some LOD and view-distance settings the current crysis can still be a valuable and gorgeous benchmark even today. Plus I guess there's reshaders etc

Not a bad series of games too, even the more linear later titles.

What's funny, I think, is that everyone seems to not like Crysis 2 and thought Crysis 3 was much better, though neither were on-par with the first one. Personally, I rather like Crysis 2. I never finished Crysis 3, it just got bogged down, IMO. The setting wasn't all that enticing either. I mean, the first Crysis was your run-of-the-mill tropical island that seemed to be very popular in the mid to late aughts but Crysis 2, while limited a bit more on scope and level design, felt tighter and more interesting in an abandoned NYC. Sadly, for Crysis 3, they took that mostly intact NYC and just turned it into another run-of-the-mill post-apocalyptic city scape, as if we hadn't fought in countless ones before. Graphics were always top notch and gameplay was right behind but it just felt derivative instead of innovative. What I did play of it didn't keep my attention for long and apparently I only got like a third of the way in.

Hopefully, this remaster will tweak some things for the better along with the graphics. Here's fingers-crossed, Fingerscrossed , and here's me praying they don't fuck it up! Pray

=-Rigs-=

Apr 19, 2020, 17:36
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 17:36
Apr 19, 2020, 17:36

Cryses remaster? (plural of crisis is crises)

*ducks*
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Apr 19, 2020, 17:27
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 17:27
Apr 19, 2020, 17:27

If you tweak some LOD and view-distance settings the current crysis can still be a valuable and gorgeous benchmark even today. Plus I guess there's reshaders etc

Not a bad series of games too, even the more linear later titles.

Apr 19, 2020, 14:48
Rigs

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 14:48
Apr 19, 2020, 14:48
 Rigs

Sooo, I guess this means, 'Will it run Crysis?' will be a thing again? #willitrunCrysis

=-Rigs-=

Apr 19, 2020, 14:40
Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 14:40
Apr 19, 2020, 14:40

The press release from Crytek announcing the remaster mentioned Crysis campaigns. So it is not just Tim referencing multiple.
Been reading since 1998
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older