Out of the Blue

I made reference to adding some pandemic-related pounds yesterday, and in a comment Verno called it the quarantine 15, which I thought covered it pretty well. Then I had a conversation with my old pal Devicer, who hit this one out of the park. He dubbed weight gain from social distancing the COVID 19. No more calls folks, we have a winner.

Obituary: Paul O’Neill, Former Treasury Chief and Alcoa CEO, Dies at 84.

19 Pounds of Links
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Brunch Link

Stories

Science

Media

The Funnies

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Apr 20, 2020, 19:28
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2020, 19:28
Apr 20, 2020, 19:28

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 20, 2020, 09:09:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2020, 04:28:
1badmf wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 19:37:
meanwhile the republicans in charge of florida are opening beaches just as they're hitting their peak infection rates. with social distancing guidelines of course, but wouldn't you know, they're pretty much completely ignoring it.

also their unemployment system is collapsing because rick scott built a website that was designed to fail so he could artificially deflate the state's unemployment figures. good god these monsters have to be removed from office.

Literally every governor regardless of party that's taking COVID-19 seriously is seeing massive jumps in approval ratings from voters of all stripes. The one who's approval ratings are taking a dump? Florida's DeSantis. Losing 7 points is even worse than Trump, who has remained flat.
#FloridaMorons is trending on twotter so DerpSantis has that going for him.
Here ya go jd
‘Someone in our building has it’: Covid-19 fuels tensions at apartments and condos
Yeah, if the condo reveals that a person has a specific disease, they could be in violation of HIPAA and at legal risk. It's a tricky situation. Best to just assume everyone has it and adhere to proper hygiene and social distancing.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Apr 20, 2020, 09:09
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2020, 09:09
Apr 20, 2020, 09:09

jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2020, 04:28:
meanwhile the republicans in charge of florida are opening beaches just as they're hitting their peak infection rates. with social distancing guidelines of course, but wouldn't you know, they're pretty much completely ignoring it.

also their unemployment system is collapsing because rick scott built a website that was designed to fail so he could artificially deflate the state's unemployment figures. good god these monsters have to be removed from office.

Literally every governor regardless of party that's taking COVID-19 seriously is seeing massive jumps in approval ratings from voters of all stripes. The one who's approval ratings are taking a dump? Florida's DeSantis. Losing 7 points is even worse than Trump, who has remained flat.
#FloridaMorons is trending on twotter so DerpSantis has that going for him.
Here ya go jd
‘Someone in our building has it’: Covid-19 fuels tensions at apartments and condos
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Apr 20, 2020, 04:36
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2020, 04:36
Apr 20, 2020, 04:36

Why House Cats Are God's Perfect Little Killing Machines.

Yup, they can't help it. My cats are house cats, never go outside. But I live in the tropics, so bugs and lizards get in sometimes. Man do the cats go crazy hunting those things. Even if the prey escapes, they'll spend the next several days hunting around the house for them.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Apr 20, 2020, 04:28
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2020, 04:28
Apr 20, 2020, 04:28

Apr 19, 2020, 20:31
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 20:31
Apr 19, 2020, 20:31

jdreyer wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 17:40:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 14:59:
Figures -- went to buy something on Steam for the first time in six months or so and the store is intermittently down, to the point I can't complete my purchase. Murphy lives!
What did you buy? Or try to buy?
No biggie. I went back 30 minutes later and it worked fine.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Apr 19, 2020, 20:01
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 20:01
Apr 19, 2020, 20:01

it’s ok

It’s now known that tDump was aware of the virus LAST YeAr and was informed by our own CDC and other American's who were imbedded with the WHO.
Gave them plenty of time to inform their “friend’s” to make wise stock trades and investments.
The number of billionaires pushing for everyone to go back to work early proves one thing and only one thing.

They don't make their money.

you do
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Apr 19, 2020, 19:37
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 19:37
Apr 19, 2020, 19:37

Apr 19, 2020, 17:42
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 17:42
Apr 19, 2020, 17:42

The apartment across the street had the third family hauled off due to COVID19. There must be a cluster there. Highlights the need to be extra careful if you live in an apartment. As a family we only transit via the outside staircase, never the elevator. Unfortunately, we live on the 12th floor.

Apr 19, 2020, 17:40
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 17:40
Apr 19, 2020, 17:40

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 14:59:
Figures -- went to buy something on Steam for the first time in six months or so and the store is intermittently down, to the point I can't complete my purchase. Murphy lives!

What did you buy? Or try to buy?

Apr 19, 2020, 16:12
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 16:12
Apr 19, 2020, 16:12
 Cutter

Cool to see Gary is looking and sounding good. Always a fan. He should do 'Are Friends Electric?' acoustic for the irony. Toff

Well that was neat but why were those steel workers doing that? Making cables or something?

"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Apr 19, 2020, 14:59
Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2020, 14:59
Apr 19, 2020, 14:59

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older