Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed

A slip-up on the Crysis Website unintentionally confirms that Crysis Remastered is indeed the meaning behind recent hints that something like this was in the works. This was accidentally revealed via the metadata on their cookie policy page. While this has now been removed from the site, this tweet (thanks ResetEra) immortalizes it, revealing the remake will come to PC and consoles, including Switch. Here's word:
From the makers of Far Cry, Hunt: Showdown and CRYENGINE, Crysis offers first person shooter fans the best-looking, evolved, and innovative gameplay, enabling players to adapt in real time to survive. Crysis Remastered brings new graphic features, high-quality textures, and the CRYENGINE's native hardware- and API-agnostic ray tracing solution for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and – for the very first time – Nintendo Switch.
View : : :
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed
Apr 17, 2020, 16:46
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 17, 2020, 16:46
Apr 17, 2020, 16:46

Xero wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 11:31:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 09:53:
That would be awesome.
I loved the first Crysis. All after that I didnt like so much, mainly because of the setting. That tropical island was just perfect. Same reason why I liked FarCry 3 most of all.

Lets hope its not just improved textures.

I wouldn't mind a remaster of Far Cry 1. It was gorgeous in it's day but could use some updating now and would still be a fun game to play. I don't remember giving Crysis 1 much of a chance so I'm not too familiar with it's environments but thought it had more of an urban look. Could be wrong.

Like you, I also preferred Far Cry 3 because it was back to the tropical environment that was fun with Far Cry 1.

I thought crysis the first was a much improved version of Farcry1.

The citiscape crysis was the second, the first was a tropical island like Farcry1 with less game breaking monsters and invulnerable helicopters.
I loved the first FC, but when the monsters showed up I completely lost interest.
It was as if the game switched from a tactical sneaky shooter to just throwing bullet soaking wannabe pinkies at you.

The second crysis got a lot of flak cause it took a title known for its clever enemy AI and sprawling environment into a closed in, straight as rails level design with enemies that was practically blind and deaf.
----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

Apr 16, 2020, 22:20
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 22:20
Apr 16, 2020, 22:20

wtf_man wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 14:31:
Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 14:02:
That single moment almost ruined the game for me.

That's what game cheats are for... when developers go overboard and make the game not fun.

I play games for the enjoyment and hopefully a decent plot. Not for the "challenge". So it doesn't bother me to cheat through ridiculous (highly subjective to a particular person) portions of a game.

Ditto !

I recommend Cheat Engine´s game speed slider, and hacking of experience, ammo, life, timers, energy & whatnot, for otherwise unplayable games with no cheats/trainers on the web.
Also adjusts playable ones to your preferences.

And Glovepie for mouse and keyboard changing if there is no remapping capability.

See https://fearlessrevolution.com for ready cheat tables, or for introductions to making your own.

Sometimes, getting to change a contrary awkward game gives me as much pleasure as finally playing it

Apr 16, 2020, 15:45
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 15:45
Apr 16, 2020, 15:45

Alamar wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 11:55:
I like this series overall, so it's interesting to see this... Hopefully graphics aren't the only thing they're updating, as the interface could use some love.

My only problem with the series is when someone claimed they loved Crisis, up until the aliens were introduced, because, if they were paying attention, that happens in like, the first mission heh.

I also liked both environments, and ducking under tiny bushes making myself invisible until they wandered within half a foot. And standing still invis to not drain energy, then toggling it off, silenced headshot, toggle on, rinse and repeat.

People are clearly complaining not about the alien plot points, but how the game shifted. You went from being an unstoppable killing machine that largely controlled the pace of the fights, to being hunted in zero gravity against Z-axis enemies that moved quickly.

I still really enjoyed the game, and defended it, but thinking back, I would guess that I'd probably stop playing the remake when the ice bomb hit. The game shifts from something excellent to something much less excellent.

It still lacks the frustration that the mutants created in Far Cry, though. I just remember the part where you have to run out and go through like 8 rocket launcher bullet sponges in a volcano. Easily the most I've ever reloaded in my life. That single moment almost ruined the game for me.

Yeah, I just replayed Crysis last year. I played several levels inside the alien ship and kind of lost interest. It was cool, but just not engaging. Similar to how I lost interest in HL when I got to Xen. Haven't gotten that far in Black Mesa yet though.
“We’ve reached the point of this polarized pandemic where our current plan for salvation is convincing certain recalcitrant men that wearing masks is the testosteroney thing to do.“

Apr 16, 2020, 15:42
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 15:42
Apr 16, 2020, 15:42

Xero wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 11:31:
That would be awesome.
I loved the first Crysis. All after that I didnt like so much, mainly because of the setting. That tropical island was just perfect. Same reason why I liked FarCry 3 most of all.

I wouldn't mind a remaster of Far Cry 1. It was gorgeous in it's day but could use some updating now and would still be a fun game to play. I don't remember giving Crysis 1 much of a chance so I'm not too familiar with it's environments but thought it had more of an urban look. Could be wrong.

Like you, I also preferred Far Cry 3 because it was back to the tropical environment that was fun with Far Cry 1.

This x100. Crysis still looks fairly modern, so a remaster is kind of unnecessary, but Far Cry 1 is pretty rough graphically.
“We’ve reached the point of this polarized pandemic where our current plan for salvation is convincing certain recalcitrant men that wearing masks is the testosteroney thing to do.“

Apr 16, 2020, 15:08
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 15:08
Apr 16, 2020, 15:08

mxmissile wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 10:01:
Whats with all the remaster garbage? Did we stop innovating? Did we stop making new stuff? Minecraft clones, platformers, turn based games, and cart racing are NOT new.

Wherein the gaming industry goes full Hollywood.

Never go full Hollywood.

Apr 16, 2020, 14:31
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 14:31
Apr 16, 2020, 14:31

That single moment almost ruined the game for me.

That's what game cheats are for... when developers go overboard and make the game not fun.

I play games for the enjoyment and hopefully a decent plot. Not for the "challenge". So it doesn't bother me to cheat through ridiculous (highly subjective to a particular person) portions of a game.
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Apr 16, 2020, 14:02
Beamer

Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 14:02
Apr 16, 2020, 14:02
 Beamer

I like this series overall, so it's interesting to see this... Hopefully graphics aren't the only thing they're updating, as the interface could use some love.

My only problem with the series is when someone claimed they loved Crisis, up until the aliens were introduced, because, if they were paying attention, that happens in like, the first mission heh.

I also liked both environments, and ducking under tiny bushes making myself invisible until they wandered within half a foot. And standing still invis to not drain energy, then toggling it off, silenced headshot, toggle on, rinse and repeat.

People are clearly complaining not about the alien plot points, but how the game shifted. You went from being an unstoppable killing machine that largely controlled the pace of the fights, to being hunted in zero gravity against Z-axis enemies that moved quickly.

I still really enjoyed the game, and defended it, but thinking back, I would guess that I'd probably stop playing the remake when the ice bomb hit. The game shifts from something excellent to something much less excellent.

It still lacks the frustration that the mutants created in Far Cry, though. I just remember the part where you have to run out and go through like 8 rocket launcher bullet sponges in a volcano. Easily the most I've ever reloaded in my life. That single moment almost ruined the game for me.

Apr 16, 2020, 13:52
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 13:52
Apr 16, 2020, 13:52

mxmissile wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 10:01:
Whats with all the remaster garbage? Did we stop innovating? Did we stop making new stuff? Minecraft clones, platformers, turn based games, and cart racing are NOT new.

Crysis was and always will be a tech demo for the engine(CryEngine). This is just showing where they're at currently. They make a decent living off licensing CryEngine, but they need to show it off from time to time because it's not ubiquitous like UnrealEngine or Unity

Apr 16, 2020, 13:16
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 13:16
Apr 16, 2020, 13:16

I hope this includes the expansion pack where you play Psycho.

Apr 16, 2020, 13:15
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 13:15
Apr 16, 2020, 13:15

Wasn't there something in the sky during the opening HALO jump if you looked in a certain direction? It's been a while.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:55
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 11:55
Apr 16, 2020, 11:55

Apr 16, 2020, 11:36
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 11:36
Apr 16, 2020, 11:36

Did I just read that Re-Crysis will bring raytracing to consoles and AMD users?

Apr 16, 2020, 11:31
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 11:31
Apr 16, 2020, 11:31

That would be awesome.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:50
El Pit

Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:50
Apr 16, 2020, 10:50
 El Pit

And Nvidia's new slogan for the RTX3000 will be "It Even Runs Crysis Remastered"!

At medium graphics quality settings without raytracing at 1080p and upscaled, of course.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Apr 16, 2020, 10:36
Beamer

Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:36
Apr 16, 2020, 10:36
 Beamer

I mean, remasters fall into 3 categories.

1 is fan service. Fans love something that's become harder to access, so remaster.

2 is a proof of technology. Creating an entirely new game from scratch is difficult and time consuming. Remastering something onto new technology is somewhat easier and quicker. It can be a good way to test something out, get your staff up to speed, and learn. It's also true when the tech side of a project becomes ready sooner than the content side can move, so rather than have idle staff, you put them into doing a remaster (super rare, but happens)

3 cash grab

Most are probably something of all of the above, or at least, they're hopeful for #1 but doing it for #2 and #3. For Crytek, if they're doing this internally, it's definitely #3 and part of the others. They have done major layoffs, so they don't have as many people to ideate. They also need cash badly. And they hope people are craving more Crysis.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:24
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:24
Apr 16, 2020, 10:24

wtf_man wrote on Apr 16, 2020, 10:08:

Are current graphics really that much better? It was released as DX10, and I haven't really seen super visual improvements through DX12.

Also there's plenty of shader mods and texture mods out there that improve original game slightly.

What are they going to add in a redux? Ray Tracing? /snicker

BTW: As of 2017 you still couldn't run maxxed out at 4K with a 1080Ti not dipping below 60fps 10 years later we can finally run crysis
Imagine what a cluster a redux would bring from these guys.
Yep, it's ray tracing. sigh

Crysis Remastered brings new graphic features, high-quality textures, and the CRYENGINE's native hardware- and API-agnostic ray tracing solution...

I smell a cash grab.
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:08
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:08
Apr 16, 2020, 10:08

Are current graphics really that much better? It was released as DX10, and I haven't really seen super visual improvements through DX12.

Also there's plenty of shader mods and texture mods out there that improve original game slightly.

What are they going to add in a redux? Ray Tracing? /snicker

BTW: As of 2017 you still couldn't run maxxed out at 4K with a 1080Ti not dipping below 60fps 10 years later we can finally run crysis
Imagine what a cluster a redux would bring from these guys.
Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Apr 16, 2020, 10:03
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:03
Apr 16, 2020, 10:03

I seriously thought he was holding a baby, at first glance...

Apr 16, 2020, 10:01
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 10:01
Apr 16, 2020, 10:01

Apr 16, 2020, 09:53
Re: Crysis Remastered Accidentally Revealed Apr 16, 2020, 09:53
Apr 16, 2020, 09:53

That would be awesome.

I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older