Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months

The Google Blog announces that Google Stadia Pro will be free for the next two months, allowing gamers in 14 countries to sample the streaming game service. Those who are already Stadia Pro subscribers need not be upset, you will not be charged for the next two months. Here are the details:
We’re facing some of the most challenging times in recent memory. Keeping social distance is vital, but staying home for long periods can be difficult and feel isolating. Video games can be a valuable way to socialize with friends and family when you’re stuck at home, so we’re giving gamers in 14 countries free access to Stadia for two months. This is starting today and rolling out over the next 48 hours.

Anyone who signs up will get two free months of Stadia Pro with instant access to nine games, including GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, and Thumper. You can purchase even more games on the store, which will remain yours to play even if you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription. If you’re already a paid Stadia Pro subscriber, we won’t charge you for the next two months. After that, Stadia Pro is $9.99 a month, but you can opt out of your subscription at any time.

If you’re new, playing on Stadia is simple:

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we’re taking a responsible approach to internet traffic. For Stadia, we’ve always adjusted bandwidth use based on a variety of in-home and local internet factors. To reduce load on the internet further, we’re working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p. The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won’t notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.

Like so many people around the world going through this crisis, our support team has been significantly impacted, and our customer support functions are not running at full capacity. Please use our automated Help Center and, as you give Stadia a try, check out these helpful tips for setting up your home environment. Many of you will be new to Stadia, so we’ve also posted a Getting Started Walkthrough.

Have fun, stay safe, and we look forward to playing with you on Stadia.

View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months
Apr 10, 2020, 04:42
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 10, 2020, 04:42
Apr 10, 2020, 04:42

MattyC wrote on Apr 9, 2020, 19:21:
Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 21:34:
They they keep my CC info after I explicitly said no. Then you go to Google Pay and you can't remove your CC without giving them another one.

annnddd my interest just went to zero. That kind of garbage isn't worth dealing with. Plus it requires Chrome, which I don't want, just to 'try' a tiny list of games, several of which are or have been free.

This stuff is why I do NOT use gpay... absolutely horrendous service compared to Paypal...

Apr 9, 2020, 19:21
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 9, 2020, 19:21
Apr 9, 2020, 19:21

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 21:34:
They they keep my CC info after I explicitly said no. Then you go to Google Pay and you can't remove your CC without giving them another one.

annnddd my interest just went to zero. That kind of garbage isn't worth dealing with. Plus it requires Chrome, which I don't want, just to 'try' a tiny list of games, several of which are or have been free.
I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

Apr 9, 2020, 06:36
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 9, 2020, 06:36
Apr 9, 2020, 06:36

The sooner this gaming/consumer abomination croaks, the sooner moronic gaming house VPs will realize GeForce Now will sell more copies of their games than this pile of steaming doo.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Apr 9, 2020, 01:42
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 9, 2020, 01:42
Apr 9, 2020, 01:42

Well it would normally be good to play on the go with your phone/tablet, but for now everyone's stuck at home in self-isolation/quarantine so you'd probably be playing on a computer or console instead

Apr 8, 2020, 22:40
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 22:40
Apr 8, 2020, 22:40

I feel like I need a refund on my time wasted.

Apr 8, 2020, 21:40
Cutter

Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 21:40
Apr 8, 2020, 21:40
 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 20:12:
Google doesn't tell you exactly what you get for free with their Pro subscription anywhere on the main site, but according to a forum announcement a couple weeks ago:

- Destiny 2 Collection
- GRID
- Gylt (exclusive from Google-owned dev)
- SteamWorld Dig 2
- SteamWorld Quest
- Serious Sam Collection
- Spitlings
- Stacks On Stacks On Stacks
- Thumper

I've seen mention of several other games, including newer Tomb Raiders, Metro Exodus, and Farming Simulator, however it seems such titles were only available to "claim" for a limited time and are no longer offered for free. They now would have to be purchased individually at standard prices, just like everything else on their service (full list here).

Sigh. So it turns out that list is all you get access to. That's it. Anything else...you have to buy it. So it's fucking useless. Thanks for nothing Google you cocksuckers!
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

Apr 8, 2020, 21:34
Cutter

Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 21:34
Apr 8, 2020, 21:34
 Cutter

Well I signed up as there are a few games I wanted to demo anyway. Now I recall why I fucking hate Google so much and never want to use their shit. Pain in the ass finding and cancelling the sub. They they keep my CC info after I explicitly said no. Then you go to Google Pay and you can't remove your CC without giving them another one. I remember dealing with this same shit 5 years ago. And they still haven't changed it. They just obfuscate and make things as difficult as possible.

Even your privacy controls are spread out everywhere so they can fuck you where possible. Checking settings in Gpay and of course I'm automatically opted-in to them selling my data to whomever they want. So unchecked all those but I expect they'll just re-enable them as they always do. And in Canada, last I checked, it's illegal to opt-people in without their consent. So gonna' shoot off an official complaint to government tomorrow...like that's gonna' make a difference. Rolleyes

Fucking Google. Such pieces of shit.
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

Apr 8, 2020, 20:12
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 20:12
Apr 8, 2020, 20:12

Google doesn't tell you exactly what you get for free with their Pro subscription anywhere on the main site, but according to a forum announcement a couple weeks ago:

- Destiny 2 Collection
- GRID
- Gylt (exclusive from Google-owned dev)
- SteamWorld Dig 2
- SteamWorld Quest
- Serious Sam Collection
- Spitlings
- Stacks On Stacks On Stacks
- Thumper

I've seen mention of several other games, including newer Tomb Raiders, Metro Exodus, and Farming Simulator, however it seems such titles were only available to "claim" for a limited time and are no longer offered for free. They now would have to be purchased individually at standard prices, just like everything else on their service (full list here).

Apr 8, 2020, 18:39
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 18:39
Apr 8, 2020, 18:39

thought "fine, Ill give it a go" just to be curious..

Stadia isn't available in your country yet

well then, it aint ready

Apr 8, 2020, 17:53
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 17:53
Apr 8, 2020, 17:53

Yeah, I don't even want this for free. hah

Apr 8, 2020, 15:36
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 15:36
Apr 8, 2020, 15:36

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 14:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 12:59:
This will be a true stress test of the servers.

Probably not. They'll be tripling their users yes, but only from 3 to 9.

Brutal but true.

Apr 8, 2020, 14:42
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 14:42
Apr 8, 2020, 14:42

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 8, 2020, 12:59:

Probably not. They'll be tripling their users yes, but only from 3 to 9.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2020, 14:09
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 14:09
Apr 8, 2020, 14:09

They never learn. This tech will never work. Another dead idea from google.

Apr 8, 2020, 13:38
Verno

Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 13:38
Apr 8, 2020, 13:38
 Verno

Regardless of how anyone feels about Google its a pretty cool thing to do.
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Apr 8, 2020, 12:59
Re: Stadia Pro is Free for Two Months Apr 8, 2020, 12:59
Apr 8, 2020, 12:59

“The time has come for us to move beyond seeing public health as the ax in the display case, where the sign says IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS.”
Pandemics don’t end because the economy is suffering and we want them to.
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older