50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

Saying "Cheaters Not Welcomed in Call of Duty: Warzone," the Activision Blog announces over 50,000 cheaters have been hit with the permanent banhammer in the new CoD battle royale game:
There’s no place for cheating in games. Warzone has zero tolerance for cheaters. Here is what we’re doing about it.

We take all forms of cheating very seriously, maintaining a level and fair playing field for everyone is among our highest priorities. This is an area we have been working on heavily, but it isn’t always something we discuss publicly.

We have been enforcing account bans since Day 1 of Warzone’s release. To date, we issued more than 50,000 permabans worldwide.

We employ a number of programs in place to combat both cheaters and cheat providers.

• Our security teams monitor 24/7 to investigate data and identify potential infractions.
  • The teams review all possible cheats and hacks, this includes identifying use of aimbots, wallhacks and more.
  • We’re working to improve our in-game system for reporting potential cheating. Plans are underway to streamline the UI for a more seamless reporting experience.
  • For all reports that are received in-game, they are both analyzed and filtered based on key data.
  • Once investigations are complete, we will continue to work as quickly as possible to ban.

Moving forward, we will aim to provide a regular count on the latest number of bans issued, as needed.

For additional information, visit the Call of Duty: Warzone Security and Enforcement Policy.

Simply put there’s no place for cheating. We recognize that there’s no single solution for combating cheaters, it’s a constant enforcement every day, 24/7. Rest assured, we’re committed to ensuring a fun and fair experience for everyone.

We look forward to sharing more updates here.

Thank you.

View : : :
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned
Apr 6, 2020, 12:52
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 6, 2020, 12:52
Apr 6, 2020, 12:52

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 22:46:
Because we need cheaters to be blamed for our lack of skills.

Every. Single. Time. I've. Been. Killed...

...has come because of cheaters.

In all seriousness, I have used this excuse more than once.

Apr 5, 2020, 03:25
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 5, 2020, 03:25
Apr 5, 2020, 03:25

Drayth wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 02:22:
There's still a local client to stream through. Something has to send the user inputs to the service. Even if it's within a browser there's always going to be something to potentially hack as long as it's not running on 100% dedicated hardware.
Actually, no. The difference is like this: when you watch a movie on Netflix, you have only the abilities they allow: play, pause, fast forward, etc. You have no permission to mess with their copy, say edit it so that your name appears in the credits so that any Netflix customer can see your changes.

When you run an online game client locally, the source code is running on your system and you're just sending telemetry data to other clients. A hack can be employed to modify the way the game plays: auto-target enemies, turn walls invisible, etc. However, when you stream the game, the client runs entirely on the cloud, like NVidia GeForce Now. All they're doing is streaming the end result to you. Each image is rendered in their hardware. You can't employ cheats, because you have no access to the source code any longer. Eventually there will be AIs that play the game for you, but that's orders of magnitude more complex than wallhacks and aimbots: you have to train the AI to play as a human would based on the same visual info.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

Apr 3, 2020, 02:22
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 3, 2020, 02:22
Apr 3, 2020, 02:22

There's still a local client to stream through. Something has to send the user inputs to the service. Even if it's within a browser there's always going to be something to potentially hack as long as it's not running on 100% dedicated hardware.

Apr 2, 2020, 06:22
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 2, 2020, 06:22
Apr 2, 2020, 06:22

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 16:12:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 15:54:
Soon games like this will be streaming only. Then there won't be any way to do aimbots or wallhacks.

There will ALWAYS be hackers/aimbots, unless the companies completely control your PC/console/whatever device. Even then, there will be some end user hacks/physical mods.

It would certainly start to cut down on cheaters, but they will be around as long as a game is popular and online.

Aimbots and wallhacks work by interacting with the client code on the user's PC. When you stream a game, a la NVidia Now, there's no client code to interact with. It gives the publisher/developer complete control of the code. It also eliminates any modding of course.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

Apr 2, 2020, 02:44
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 2, 2020, 02:44
Apr 2, 2020, 02:44

Retired wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 14:42:
Here ya go, this was this morning.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticSpookyPuddingEagleEye
Aiming gets smoother and smoother with those aimbots.
If he had made the slightest effort to hide this, nobody would have noticed.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Apr 1, 2020, 16:12
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 16:12
Apr 1, 2020, 16:12

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 15:54:
Soon games like this will be streaming only. Then there won't be any way to do aimbots or wallhacks.

There will ALWAYS be hackers/aimbots, unless the companies completely control your PC/console/whatever device. Even then, there will be some end user hacks/physical mods.

It would certainly start to cut down on cheaters, but they will be around as long as a game is popular and online.

Apr 1, 2020, 15:54
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 15:54
Apr 1, 2020, 15:54

Apr 1, 2020, 14:42
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 14:42
Apr 1, 2020, 14:42

Apr 1, 2020, 14:24
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 14:24
Apr 1, 2020, 14:24

Just wait till deep learning to generate more legitimate looking player movement / kills (aka net traffic) works it's way into cheat coding.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:18
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 11:18
Apr 1, 2020, 11:18

Just realized they may have sent this out a bit early, maybe this was supposed to be under April 1...…

/runs

Apr 1, 2020, 11:17
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 11:17
Apr 1, 2020, 11:17

THis is the biggest problem:

"We’re working to improve our in-game system for reporting potential cheating. Plans are underway to streamline the UI for a more seamless reporting experience."

There is NO WAY to report a cheater in Warzone. None. If you are lucky, after the game they show up in previous players list, but usually they don't. I have been adding them as friends then reporting them. Also there is NO WAY to report via blizzard, activation or call of duty websites. Unreal. I had to post videos to Twitter and tag each organization. So stupid.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:13
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 11:13
Apr 1, 2020, 11:13

Had aimbots beat me several time this AM. Before everyone jumps in and says they haven't seen them or I am just mad bla bla bla. I have plenty of wins and play mostly solo. I watch people when I die. I have posted videos and submitted videos. It is obvious when they cheat.

"zz13" had probably 30-40 kills in the lobby this AM pregame. He killed about 10 people while he was gliding down with an MG. I watched......as I was one of them.

Whatever they did, they need to do more. 50K for a freegame is nothing. You just got the low hanging fruit script kiddies.

/agree John. Most of the time it is walling. It is so sick. I am amazed I have won at all.

Apr 1, 2020, 10:37
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 10:37
Apr 1, 2020, 10:37

I've been playing everyday and haven't noticed a single aimbotter yet, but have been killed countless times by wallhackers however, seems to be everyone's go-to cheat this time around.

If you make it a point to watch all of your kill-cams it won't take more than a couple games of Warzone before you'll die to someone perfectly following you with ADS while you're in buildings/behind walls, just to shoot you instantaneously the second your body comes in view. (I always run Ghost)

Apr 1, 2020, 08:14
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 08:14
Apr 1, 2020, 08:14

50k my ass.
If any other games (with less players) are an indicator, then it should be at least 10 times as many. Every week. More like 100 times as many since the start.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Apr 1, 2020, 02:53
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 02:53
Apr 1, 2020, 02:53

Numinar wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 02:17:
Warzone is free to play. It's basically zero cost to try and cheat. At least on steam you could mess up your access to your library in theory.

It's messed up. it's part of why I prefer consoles when I want to relax and play with friends online most nights. You still get the odd cheater or M/KB emulator try hard but you don't get entire teams of nightmares as the cost of entry is higher.

It's worse for my favorite PC shooter at the moment, Hell Let Loose, as there are not that many servers to bounce to when it goes bad and you get a cheaty infection. The mechanics are so brutal that it's hard to brush off the odd john wick asshole juicin' on the cheats.

Small problem with Warzone... you can't turn off cross platform to play (trust me I've tried).
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Apr 1, 2020, 02:17
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 02:17
Apr 1, 2020, 02:17

Warzone is free to play. It's basically zero cost to try and cheat. At least on steam you could mess up your access to your library in theory.

It's messed up. it's part of why I prefer consoles when I want to relax and play with friends online most nights. You still get the odd cheater or M/KB emulator try hard but you don't get entire teams of nightmares as the cost of entry is higher.

It's worse for my favorite PC shooter at the moment, Hell Let Loose, as there are not that many servers to bounce to when it goes bad and you get a cheaty infection. The mechanics are so brutal that it's hard to brush off the odd john wick asshole juicin' on the cheats.

Apr 1, 2020, 01:11
Slick

Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 01:11
Apr 1, 2020, 01:11
 Slick

I feel you Jdreyer, this is an endless circle-jerk where the developers/publishers haven't yet gotten serious about this.

It's amazing to see how little they respect their customers by letting this stuff still exist.

And don't tell me that they can't bring an actual fight if they wanted to, it'll just cost them money, and they don't actually give a fuck.

Video games are the biggest entertainment industry in the world, billions change hands every year. GTA V made over a billion in 3 days when it launched. Other industries have lobbyists representing film, television, and jesus look at the music industry and how they'll go after people, demonetizing channels if you even think about playing 30 seconds of a pop song on your livestream to 7 people... LAWL

Hackers chase their customers away, it's in their best interest to go after them. And by "go after" I mean get law enforcement to do their fucking job. And for that you'd have to get politicians to do their fucking job. And to do that you'd have to convince them that hackers costing companies money is worth their time to give a shit about.

I don't know, I feel that there's a lot of blame to go around. No one is making the right noises on this issue. Fuck em all. "they're just videogames, who cares?" Exactly. Pathetic.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 1, 2020, 00:58
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 00:58
Apr 1, 2020, 00:58

The issue is that it's a Free to Play game. Getting Banned just means that go from M@ssiveC0ck420 to M@ssiveC0ck421. Unless they IP/hardware ban it's worthless.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Mar 31, 2020, 23:34
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Mar 31, 2020, 23:34
Mar 31, 2020, 23:34

Orogogus wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 22:05:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 21:29:
MattyC wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 19:08:
What I don't understand is why we haven't figured this out yet.

Did I miss something? Confused

As far as any CoD bans go, they release titles yearly and have done so for a long time. I would imagine that basically makes their bans meaningless for the type of people who hack. They were just going to move on to the new game soon enough anyway.

I mean, it's 2020. We've had cheats in online games for over two decades. How have we not figured out how to stop this yet?

It's a two-way game. Whatever cheat protection is out there, I'm sure there are people on the other side asking, how have we not beaten this yet?
Plenty of people take it for granted that any DRM will be broken sooner or later. This seems like the same thing.

Pretty much. It is like hacking, every time an exploit is closed another two are found. If we had just been running the exact same unchanged game, OS, video drivers, etc for 20 years, then yeah we would be doing a really bad job.
I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

Mar 31, 2020, 22:46
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Mar 31, 2020, 22:46
Mar 31, 2020, 22:46

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 21:29:
MattyC wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 19:08:
What I don't understand is why we haven't figured this out yet.

Did I miss something? Confused

As far as any CoD bans go, they release titles yearly and have done so for a long time. I would imagine that basically makes their bans meaningless for the type of people who hack. They were just going to move on to the new game soon enough anyway.

I mean, it's 2020. We've had cheats in online games for over two decades. How have we not figured out how to stop this yet?
Because we need cheaters to be blamed for our lack of skills.
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older