Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game

Avalanche Studios announces they are rebranding as Avalanche Studios Group that's subdivided into three units: Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds and a new self-publishing brand called Systemic Reaction. Along with the news they offer a Systemic Reaction Unannounced Game Teaser Trailer with a brief look at what seems like a first-person shooter set in a cave, so we'll have to stay tuned for more on that. Here's what they say about their new setup:
Avalanche Studios is excited to announce the name change to Avalanche Studios Group and unveil its new visual identity, including its three creative divisions, Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds and Systemic Reaction, and teasing a new game.

The new identities are a modern update and reflect the entire Avalanche Studios Group, leveraging the legacy and strong brand equity of its AAA partner and outdoor games divisions Avalanche Studios (Just Cause, Rage 2) and Expansive Worlds (theHunter: Call of the Wild), while establishing the self-publishing brand Systemic Reaction (Generation Zero) to better mirror its unique offering.

– Since 2003 we have built a sustainable AAA business, and over the past five years, we have broadened our portfolio with our self-published games. Transitioning to Avalanche Studios Group and its three divisions marks the start of a new era, says Pim Holfve, CEO of Avalanche Studios Group. Although we have expanded to three creative divisions, our singular focus is to bring immersive open world experiences to millions of players around the globe.

The announcement is accompanied by a Steam sale of Avalanche Studios Groups’ entire catalog of games and downloadable content, including Just Cause 4, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero. Systemic Reaction also released a teaser trailer for a new game developed in Malmö.

– We want to celebrate this occasion by paying homage to our rich history of open world games while also sharing a glimpse of what’s to come, says Pim Holfve. We have several games in development, and this is just the beginning of what promises to be another exciting decade for the entire Avalanche Studios Group.
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 21:47  MrCharm42 

Thirded - though I thought the MM story was super trite/predictable I really loved the driving (after some car upgrades)

what I really, really want, is story of Interstate 76, with a bit of open world sauce, with the driving of Mad Max.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 16:48  Kxmode 

Oh wow! Expansive Worlds make theHunter: Call of the Wild. A beautiful simulation with a giant, open-world sandbox to hunt all kinds of animals big and small. So it looks like they decided to come together under a single umbrella. I think SCS Software, makers of American Truck Simulator, would also be a great fit under the Avalanche Studios Group umbrella.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 14:42  Cutter 

Maybe it's about a rave? Rave in the Cave!

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

6. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 14:03  Darks 

born2expire wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 12:56:
Xero wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 11:26:
All I want from Avalanche is a Mad Max 2. As easy as it can be to make a sequel for it, I'm fully aware that they can screw it up as well (Just Cause 4). I also tried Rage 2 and ended up refunding it. Just couldn't get into the over the top that they were going for. Was a little too much..

The combat mechanics of Rage2 are incredible, better than any other games. Too bad about the awful story and even worse open world.

It would have been a much better game had they added Coop. Coop somehow always makes games like this more fun and better.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 12:56 born2expire

All I want from Avalanche is a Mad Max 2. As easy as it can be to make a sequel for it, I'm fully aware that they can screw it up as well (Just Cause 4). I also tried Rage 2 and ended up refunding it. Just couldn't get into the over the top that they were going for. Was a little too much..

The combat mechanics of Rage2 are incredible, better than any other games. Too bad about the awful story and even worse open world.

4. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 12:27 Xero

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 12:21:
Does it get better? I saw positive comments about it here so I picked it up on sale and played for an hour but it was just meh for me and I deleted it to go on to other things. I'm sure there's more stuff to do if I fire it up again.

I mean, it's 5 years old now and I remember beating it shortly after it's release so it could just be memories but I had a fun time with it back then. I know it started out kind of slow but once you start tacking on upgrades to your vehicle and character, it gets a lot better. Plus I found the combat tons of fun. Has the same Batman style of just clicking at the right time to parry/counter/dodge except you pull off like WWE moves on the enemies, lol.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored

3. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 12:21 Bill Borre

Does it get better? I saw positive comments about it here so I picked it up on sale and played for an hour but it was just meh for me and I deleted it to go on to other things. I'm sure there's more stuff to do if I fire it up again.  

2. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 12:04 Desalus

All I want from Avalanche is a Mad Max 2.

I second that. I had a great time playing Mad Max and it was certainly underrated. Unfortunately sales probably under-performed because of the reviews, so I don't have much hope of seeing Mad Max 2, especially from Avalanche Studios.

1. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 11:26 Xero

All I want from Avalanche is a Mad Max 2. As easy as it can be to make a sequel for it, I'm fully aware that they can screw it up as well (Just Cause 4). I also tried Rage 2 and ended up refunding it. Just couldn't get into the over the top that they were going for. Was a little too much.

Mad Max was probably the most fun I had with an Avalanche Studio game. JC3 was good but also a tad over the top in madness that I could only handle in short play times.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >