DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

The SteamDB listing for DOOM Eternal shows the peak player count on Steam for the shooter sequel reached 104,891 concurrent users this weekend. This is a good start for the shooter sequel, and this is all the more impressive since the game is not a Steam exclusive. By comparison, the 2016 version of DOOM, which is exclusive to Steam, topped out at a peak of 44,271 players. Thanks VG247.
View : : :

Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count
Mar 24, 2020, 13:34
Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 24, 2020, 13:34
Mar 24, 2020, 13:34

I'd seen a comment somewhere that the devs learned all the wrong lessons.

I agree. The core combat of the game is still great, but everything else kind of sucks. The limited ammo I get, but it is too limited. The upgrades make perfect sense for the guns, but the armor and ruin points are kind of dumb. Ruins make some sense, but the armor... it is poorly explained, and I can't even find how to get there in the UI. And the upgrades seem kind of, well, dumb.

The biggest issue with the original is that replaying levels didn't really work - some levels were 3-4 hours long, but you couldn't save mid-level in replays. They fixed that well, letting you do all kinds of cheat codes when you replay.
But everything else new is kind of terrible.

But, take a fantastic game and add a bunch of terrible new stuff, while keeping the core the same, and you still have a good, fun game.
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 24, 2020Mar 24 2020
    Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count