Here is my threshold for buying in to VR:
1. The headsets must not create head and neck fatigue.
2. They must be wearable by any sized or shaped face wearing any sized glasses. Regular glasses one would pick up and not crazy-assed star shaped ones or the like.
3. My current rig can run the glasses at 1080p, 144Hz with zero lag or stuttering.
4. The entire package, headset and controls, is less than $200.
5. VR headset and controller manufacturers settle on an open standard so that all headsets can run any VR game without proprietary shit getting in the way.
I'll be dead before all of that becomes true.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.