etc.

View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy.
Mar 2, 2020, 13:02
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 2, 2020, 13:02
Mar 2, 2020, 13:02

Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2020, 00:20:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 21:46:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 19:53:
Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 13:16:
Everything you need to know about the fall of western civilization in one article. We are now playing video games in order to pretend to raise children. I guess because actually raising children is too hard for the narcissistic losers nowadays? It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad. I'll brag about my real children, thank you...

I was reading Aristophanes on the subway today and the chorus of angry old men in The Wasps had the following to say:

Yes, we may be poor old crocks, / But the whiteness of our locks / Does the city better credit, I would say, / Than the ringlets and the fashions / And the rectum-widening passions / Of the namby-pamby youngsters of today.

And so we have a hilarious, 2400 year old reminder that it is a constant of human nature that the older generation views the younger generation as a symbol of civilizational decline. In other words, whenever we're tempted to think that the kids are shit, we should remind ourselves that they thought that in the "good old days" too.

So, "Get off of my lawn!" before they had lawns.

A shame you don't post more often.

I agree. I can't be the only one here pissing people off by reminding them their age makes them irrelevant.

Well, that, and SMA's posts are just interesting to read in general.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Mar 2, 2020, 00:20
Beamer

Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 2, 2020, 00:20
Mar 2, 2020, 00:20
 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 21:46:
Everything you need to know about the fall of western civilization in one article. We are now playing video games in order to pretend to raise children. I guess because actually raising children is too hard for the narcissistic losers nowadays? It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad. I'll brag about my real children, thank you...

I was reading Aristophanes on the subway today and the chorus of angry old men in The Wasps had the following to say:

Yes, we may be poor old crocks, / But the whiteness of our locks / Does the city better credit, I would say, / Than the ringlets and the fashions / And the rectum-widening passions / Of the namby-pamby youngsters of today.

And so we have a hilarious, 2400 year old reminder that it is a constant of human nature that the older generation views the younger generation as a symbol of civilizational decline. In other words, whenever we're tempted to think that the kids are shit, we should remind ourselves that they thought that in the "good old days" too.

I agree. I can't be the only one here pissing people off by reminding them their age makes them irrelevant.

Mar 1, 2020, 22:02
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 22:02
Mar 1, 2020, 22:02

Yep. I've mentioned something similar a couple of times. My spin is something along the lines of, "If it hadn't been said by every generation since language was created I said this is a clear sign the next generation is the end of everything we know and love."
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Mar 1, 2020, 21:46
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 21:46
Mar 1, 2020, 21:46

To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Mar 1, 2020, 19:53
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 19:53
Mar 1, 2020, 19:53

Re: etc.
Mar 1, 2020, 17:34
Cutter

Re: etc. Mar 1, 2020, 17:34
Mar 1, 2020, 17:34
 Cutter

Is there a Tump/Ivanka DLC? Hi-o!
Toff
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Mar 1, 2020, 17:31
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 17:31
Mar 1, 2020, 17:31

Dream Daddy is a dating sim, any child-rearing activity is pretty incidental. The article is about a surprisingly entertaining minigame that comes up where two dads bragging about their kids plays out like an 8-bit Pokemon battle.

Mar 1, 2020, 15:36
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 15:36
Mar 1, 2020, 15:36

It would be semi-interesting to see how many "real" dads play the game. But whatever.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Mar 1, 2020, 13:53
Beamer

Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 13:53
Mar 1, 2020, 13:53
 Beamer

Most gamers are early 20s and younger and don't yet have children...

Mar 1, 2020, 13:16
Re: Great moments in PC gaming- Bragging about your daughter in Dream Daddy. Mar 1, 2020, 13:16
Mar 1, 2020, 13:16

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older