Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online

The post on Steam for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem servers has details on a new version 1.0.4.0 patch that's now live in WOLCEN Studio's action/RPG. These state that the servers are back online following the outage last weekend. There is an article about the game on PC Gamer from before the patch stating that players are "getting fed up" with its "game-crashing bugs, glitches, and exploits" (thanks Yiddish). From extensive notes, we see the new version seeks to rectify this. Here's what falls under the General heading:

• Fixed a crash at connection(Checking game version) if a player starts an endgame "transmutation forge" or "Black market" project.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players to click on "Play" in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to have more passive skill nodes activated than their total points would allow.
  • Fixed item duplication via chest panel issue (offline).
  • Fixed stackable items duplication.
  • Fixed invalid sell price on stacked items.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a chest panel deletion when changing acts.
  • Fixed item deletion when exiting the game while dragging an item from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to fall from act 1 boss' platform while using Warpath.
  • Fixed an issue causing crafting reagents to ignore lower tier gems when selecting magic effects.
  • Fixed an issue preventing DOT damage bonuses to be displayed in the character sheet detail panel.
  • The Block Efficiency cannot exceed 75% anymore.
View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 21, 2020, 01:09 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 22:16:
For people who have played the game:

What, if anything, is NOT available offline that is available online, in terms of game content? Obviously ignoring being able to play with others, etc.

I do love ARPGs, so I'll try this out eventually, just curious to see if online issues can just be ignored entirely by staying offline.

All is available offline, including mods (Which are not online) only exception is the revive mechanic, in Coop you can get revived, in offline you get 3 chances before death per end-game dungeon or in campaign whenever you return to town it resets.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 21, 2020, 00:07 OpticNerve

There's a bunch of game-breaking bugs that can still happen in the game (one got patched today but nothing in the patch-notes mentions the Black Market preventing you from even playing the game) and if you play online, you can just randomly lose items in your stash and/or inventory (the stash bit happened to me yesterday) due to the server issues among other problems. Not to mention that further features that were removed in Early Access are supposedly going to be added later on.

As fun as Wolcen can be, it's heavily advisable for people to wait until it's further patched.

15. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 22:39 jacobvandy

Quinn wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:44:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:37:
So are they going to rollback or ban people who abused the glitches they fix? Isn't the point of the online mode to preserve gameplay integrity?

Don't you just play online with friends though? Who cares about strangers. But I guess many people like playing these games with strangers. I never did. There's always some insanely geared player or players in games like these and I often ended up just tagging along and looting. No interaction or fun at all.

Agreed, but you have to create an 'online' character even for playing solo if you EVER want to play with friends. Then everything you do is authenticated by their servers and you can't play when those are down. An 'offline' character is for single-player only and can never go online, presumably to prevent people from cheating. It wouldn't make any sense to have that separation, require that authentication, if you aren't trying to keep things fair online.

I've done some googling and supposedly trading and leaderboards are coming later, so there are a couple more reasons.

14. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 22:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

For people who have played the game:

What, if anything, is NOT available offline that is available online, in terms of game content? Obviously ignoring being able to play with others, etc.

I do love ARPGs, so I'll try this out eventually, just curious to see if online issues can just be ignored entirely by staying offline.

13. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 19:26 Bhruic

So are they going to rollback or ban people who abused the glitches they fix? Isn't the point of the online mode to preserve gameplay integrity?

They posted that they were going to do "something" to punish people who abused these exploits, but they didn't say what, and they didn't say when. This was last weekend, and they haven't talked about it since. So no idea if they still intend to, or what they will actually do about it.

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 18:52:
For someone who doesnt know, what if any advantages are there to playing the game if others have been able to cheat/dupe without repercussions til this point?

There's no real advantage, but there's no real disadvantage either. There is no economy to this game. Currently playing "public" games doesn't match you with any other players. Should they actually get to the stage where there is an economy, they've already announced they will do a "season" system, so everyone would be starting fresh anyway. Other people exploiting is almost certain to not affect you in any way whatsoever - unless you play with a friend who did so, and they share with you.

12. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

For someone who doesnt know, what if any advantages are there to playing the game if others have been able to cheat/dupe without repercussions til this point?

11. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 18:04  Simon Says 

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:13:
Simon Says wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:04:

They were up, down, up, down, up and down again a good few times...

more precisely Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start.

I see you're a man of culture as well. Take this +1 my good man.

10. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 17:57 Undocumented Alien

Having a great time with the game in SP, Offline mode. Definitely feels like Diablo and PoE combined into one game. I haven't come across any bugs just yet. Pretty impressive what this small indie company pulled off.  

9. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 17:44 Quinn

Don't you just play online with friends though? Who cares about strangers. But I guess many people like playing these games with strangers. I never did. There's always some insanely geared player or players in games like these and I often ended up just tagging along and looting. No interaction or fun at all.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 17:37 jacobvandy

7. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 17:13  RedEye9 

Simon Says wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:04:
Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 11:25:
Actually, the servers have been back online for the past 5 days.

more precisely Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

6. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 17:04  Simon Says 

5. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 16:35  Jivaro 

Good to hear (er..read) good things. I would probably never use multiplayer unless forced to so maybe I should give this a look soon.  

4. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 15:36 Quinn

Today I realized Offline mode and Online mode don't share the same progression. I have a geared up warrior ready for end-game multiplayer but because I played him in Offline mode, I can't play him in Online mode. The only reason that didn't infuriate me was because I had such an amazing time playing the game so far.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

3. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 14:01  Kxmode 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 12:01:
Hrm, sounds like I'll try this game in a year or so. :|

I thoroughly enjoy the game, but I'm not touching online for at least that. It needs about a year or so to work out all the kinks.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

2. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

And if anyone was playing this, hope you guys got your gems stacking bug for the gold saved up. That sweet little gold bug is now gone. I stacked a bunch of extra gems just in case for spare toons or friends to get them a few mill of gold.

I hope they fixed the Drop in for Coop with this patch.

Hrm, sounds like I'll try this game in a year or so.

1. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 11:25  Darks 

And if anyone was playing this, hope you guys got your gems stacking bug for the gold saved up. That sweet little gold bug is now gone. I stacked a bunch of extra gems just in case for spare toons or friends to get them a few mill of gold.

I hope they fixed the Drop in for Coop with this patch.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >