State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month

The State of Decay Blog outlines gifts for owners of State of Decay 2 upon the release of the Juggernaut Edition of the action/RPG on Steam on March 13th (thanks PC Gamer via Yiddish). Word is current players will get some bonuses upon the end of its Microsoft Store exclusivity. Here's what everyone expect from the Steam version:
State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival-fantasy game for you and up to 3 co-op friends. After a zombie apocalypse, your small group of survivors seek to rebuild a small corner of civilization, and you get to make all the decisions about how that happens.

You decide who to recruit to your team, where to settle your community, how to fortify and upgrade your base, and when it’s time to move to greener pastures. You select which survivor to bring along on a scavenging run for the food and ammo you need, and who you’ll use to fight off the zombies attacking your base. You choose how you’ll deal with other people who move into your town. Will you be friendly and welcoming... or will you aggressively defend your territory?

Every player’s experience in the game is unique. Each character in your community has their own special set of skills and traits, so no two communities are ever the same. The challenges you face also vary from game to game, based on who you recruit and the decisions you make along the way.

Undead Labs is proud to present our best-ever vision of the zombie apocalypse, coming to Steam and other platforms on March 13. Keep your eyes peeled and your weapons ready. This is one apocalypse you won't want to miss.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month
Feb 18, 2020, 14:56
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 18, 2020, 14:56
Feb 18, 2020, 14:56

Acleacius, got a point man (or many, really)

Feb 18, 2020, 00:18
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 18, 2020, 00:18
Feb 18, 2020, 00:18

WannaLogAlready wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 07:43:
Acleacius said

"Lmao, apparently PC gamers have to join xbox live and have win10."

You don't have to, silly. Do your thing, respect others'.

I didn't want to go to Windows 10, but thought that I would have to *eventually* (as you know you will have to), kicking and screaming all the way.

Well, got convinced, upgraded free, quickly and without a hitch.
Not one re-install, except graphic drivers for best compatibility, everything continued working A perfect.
Including old games (Breed, 2004)
Surprised !

Of course I killed Edge, Cortana, telemetry, ads, tips, apps, even resorting to registry modding

With XGP installed, uninstalled onedrive, skype, etc.

Result?
Happy with the general speed up.
(Except for the Search function fiasco, don't need it anyway).

Respect others? Yes, laughing and mocking, restrictive, manipulative, exploitive and extortive design is SO disrespectful. Mwahaha

Results? Yeah, you hardly had to do anything to stabilize it. I'm really surprised people have complained about win10 at all, since it's release. Oh and how are those monthly updates going? Giggle
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Feb 17, 2020, 16:51
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 16:51
Feb 17, 2020, 16:51

HorrorScope,

The problem with Edge is it's reported always working and consumming resources even when you close it.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/edge-browser-seems-to-be-not-completely-closing/...

Microsoft agent answers:
"It is possible that Microsoft Edge could be running in the background. This will allow the app to be updated at all times and keeps you updated with notifications."

But the worst offence is that I think MS is unashamedly invasive.
Their OS is inescapable (have over a thousand games in Steam), but any product of theirs that I can kick out, I will surely do so.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2020, 17:05.

Feb 17, 2020, 12:23
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 12:23
Feb 17, 2020, 12:23

WannaLogAlready wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 07:43:
Of course I killed Edge, Cortana, telemetry, ads, tips, apps, even resorting to registry modding

Edge got a bad rap as well, I still use Firefox and Edge is now moving to chromium (haven't tried that yet), but it was quick and had the addons I need and use in Firefox as well. I keep more than one browser available in the case another breaks for some reason, although that hasn't happened in many years, at one point though it was a thing, you needed a second way to the internet to possibly save an O/S install.

As for SOD2, I haven't played in well over a year, but wow that was nowhere near as good as SOD. I'll give it a try with this release to see if they nailed it.

Feb 17, 2020, 09:04
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 09:04
Feb 17, 2020, 09:04

Creston last posted Dec 29, 2019, 21:31

Hope he is on vacation.

Feb 17, 2020, 07:43
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 07:43
Feb 17, 2020, 07:43

Acleacius said

"Lmao, apparently PC gamers have to join xbox live and have win10."

You don't have to, silly. Do your thing, respect others'.

I didn't want to go to Windows 10, but thought that I would have to *eventually* (as you know you will have to), kicking and screaming all the way.

Well, got convinced, upgraded free, quickly and without a hitch.
Not one re-install, except graphic drivers for best compatibility, everything continued working A perfect.
Including old games (Breed, 2004)
Surprised !

With XGP installed, uninstalled onedrive, skype, etc.

Result?
Happy with the general speed up.
(Except for the Search function fiasco, don't need it anyway).

Feb 17, 2020, 07:23
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 07:23
Feb 17, 2020, 07:23

Bishi wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 06:52:
I mean, the support just isnt there. Only 0.9% of Steam users are on Linux so most game developers just can't be bothered to support it so you end up with half-assed ports that run slower (if at all) or have broken functionality like the anti-cheat that you mention.
Why not run a dual boot with Windows just for gaming?

They gotta stick it to the man! Down with whatever is up!

Feb 17, 2020, 06:52
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 06:52
Feb 17, 2020, 06:52

I mean, the support just isnt there. Only 0.9% of Steam users are on Linux so most game developers just can't be bothered to support it so you end up with half-assed ports that run slower (if at all) or have broken functionality like the anti-cheat that you mention.
Why not run a dual boot with Windows just for gaming?

Feb 17, 2020, 04:38
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 04:38
Feb 17, 2020, 04:38

Literally no reason? There's lots of reasons, but each to their own. I game on Linux quite happily. Fair enough, some of the anti cheat stuff doesn't work yet, but I don't really play FPS games anyway.

But from this list? I know Outer Worlds and Plagues Tale work on Linux, Bards Tale has a native version. Not sure about State of Decay 2, who the first one works fine.

Feb 17, 2020, 03:16
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 03:16
Feb 17, 2020, 03:16

Well only the biggest fools are still on Windows 7 and there is literally no reason to bother gaming on mac or linux...

Feb 17, 2020, 00:54
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 17, 2020, 00:54
Feb 17, 2020, 00:54

Lmao, apparently PC gamers have to join xbox live and have win10. Slap
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 16, 2020, 21:54
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2020, 21:54
Feb 16, 2020, 21:54
 Kxmode

Do you know who I am? I'm the State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition!
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 16, 2020, 20:06
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 16, 2020, 20:06
Feb 16, 2020, 20:06

Cutter said
"Or you can just play it on XGP."

Totally agree !

Xbox Game Pass for PC, what excelent value, at least for the 3 first months, the 1 dolar per month (less than 2 dollars for 3 months in Argentina).

Tomorrow it will be my first month and I played

- - The outer worlds.
Great game.
A little farcical at first, but a compelling story as you progress.

- - Operencia
Beatiful game, grid based, a la Grimrock 2.
Has delightful levels at first, but eventually you need a web walkthrough (as in Grimrock 2), pity.
Enjoyable and *very* worthwhile and unique experience anyway.

- - A plague tale innocence
Great game. Playing it now.
Recommend *APTI_FOVChanger.EXE* for FOV.
Also *APlagueTaleInnocence_x64.CT* for cheat engine.
Gives infinite torch time, infinite materials for upgrades of sling and carrying pouch, super stealth, etc.

I cleaned graphics somewhat using
Documents> My Games> A Plague Tale Innocence.
You will find a file named “ENGINESETTINGS”
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 0
LensFlare 0
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 0
LensBlurMultiplier 0.000000 era 0.100000
FringeMultiplier 0.000000 era 0.100000

- - The bards tale 4 barrows deep director cut
Very good game.
Strange art, a mix of cartoonish allies, but very well done enemies, and sometimes really beautiful environments, but at times ugly (Scara Brae, horrible Underground, etc).
Played easy mode, to use the spell that solves at once the thousand puzzles. Loved the exploring.

Disclosure:
Beware of my opinions of games.
As I value exploring all and dislike difficulty, I use cheat engine.
So, games that can be fustrating to others affecting their rating, aren't to me.

Hey, what´s up with Creston, don´t see his posts anymore?,
maybe I missed them.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2020, 20:20.

Feb 16, 2020, 19:30
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 16, 2020, 19:30
Feb 16, 2020, 19:30

Finally! I've been holding out for this one for quite a while.

Feb 16, 2020, 16:52
Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 16, 2020, 16:52
Feb 16, 2020, 16:52

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2020, 16:43:
Or you can just play it on XGP.

Nah.

Feb 16, 2020, 16:43
Cutter

Re: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Coming to Steam Next Month Feb 16, 2020, 16:43
Feb 16, 2020, 16:43
 Cutter

Or you can just play it on XGP.
"Hot air hangs like a dead man, from a white oak tree. People sitting on porches, thinking how things used to be. It's a dark night...dark night."
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older