Metro Exodus on Steam

Metro Exodus has concluded its Epic Games Store exclusivity, and is now also available on Steam, offering another way to buy 4A Games' first-person shooter sequel. This is offered at 40% off. You can also pick up the game's previous post-release content there as well as the new Sam's Story DLC. Here's a refresher on the game:
The year is 2036.

A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.

They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.

But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Features

• Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
  • Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
  • A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
  • Deadly combat and stealth - scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
  • Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
  • The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion - a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…

View : : :
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 15, 2020, 15:39
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2020, 15:39
Feb 15, 2020, 15:39
 Kxmode

This is offered at 40% off.

Good. As it should be.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam
Feb 15, 2020, 15:40
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 15:40
Feb 15, 2020, 15:40

Well, at least they weren't stupid enough to launch on Steam at full price (there's a 40% "discount" on this year-old game... how generous...). Though I notice that the full price is listed at $39.99 and I don't remember if that was the full price on release. Either way, I'm not paying anywhere near that much for Epic's sloppy seconds.

I find that exclusivity deals have just saved me money, because I really have no burning desire to play some of these games after waiting (and enough lets-plays and other material has come out to show me that I probably would have wasted my money if I had bought immediately... looking at you Phoenix Point & Julian Gollop). I'd have bought Mechwarrior 5 launch day full price if it had come out on Steam. Now, I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother when it gets rereleased, there's just too much wrong with it based on the lets-plays I've watched. Oh well, hopefully that "exclusivity money" was enough to make up for my lost sale...

Feb 15, 2020, 15:49
Rilcon

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 15:49
 Rilcon

It was $60 on EGS at launch iirc.

Or $1 on Gamepass.

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 15:49

They should stay on epic store only, go stick to that crap.
"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

Feb 15, 2020, 15:56
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 15:56
Feb 15, 2020, 15:56

I paid $35.17 for the Gold Edition, hard to believe Steam still charges more for this old thing. shrug
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test. It's a compassion test. It's a decency test. It's a social responsibility test.
Cover Your Eyes for even more protection.

Feb 15, 2020, 16:18
Prez

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 16:18
Feb 15, 2020, 16:18
 Prez

40 bucks sounds reasonable.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

No subject
Feb 15, 2020, 16:52
Kxmode

No subject Feb 15, 2020, 16:52
Feb 15, 2020, 16:52
 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 15:56:
I paid $35.17 for the Gold Edition, hard to believe Steam still charges more for this old thing. shrug

Despite your attempt to jab Steam yet again, Valve doesn't set the price.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 15, 2020, 16:54
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 16:54
Feb 15, 2020, 16:54

Regular price lowered to $40 and a 40% discount this weekend means it's $24. Shame on ye who still shakes a stick at that. It would be $14 if Valve felt the need for subsidy Epic did over the holidays.

Feb 15, 2020, 17:09
Kxmode

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 17:09
Feb 15, 2020, 17:09
 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 16:54:
Regular price lowered to $40 and a 40% discount this weekend means it's $24. Shame on ye who still shakes a stick at that.

Agreed.

Feb 15, 2020, 17:44
Cutter

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 17:44
Feb 15, 2020, 17:44
 Cutter

It's kind of borked on XGP but it's playable. Would give you a better idea if you want to drop coin on it or not. I'd wait until it hits 20 or less - or gets fixed on XGP.
"If you're going through Hell...keep going."
- Winston Churchill

Feb 15, 2020, 18:18
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 18:18
Feb 15, 2020, 18:18

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 15:40:
Well, at least they weren't stupid enough to launch on Steam at full price (there's a 40% "discount" on this year-old game... how generous...). Though I notice that the full price is listed at $39.99 and I don't remember if that was the full price on release. Either way, I'm not paying anywhere near that much for Epic's sloppy seconds.

I find that exclusivity deals have just saved me money, because I really have no burning desire to play some of these games after waiting (and enough lets-plays and other material has come out to show me that I probably would have wasted my money if I had bought immediately... looking at you Phoenix Point & Julian Gollop). I'd have bought Mechwarrior 5 launch day full price if it had come out on Steam. Now, I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother when it gets rereleased, there's just too much wrong with it based on the lets-plays I've watched. Oh well, hopefully that "exclusivity money" was enough to make up for my lost sale...

Since it's the first AAA title I'm aware of to have Epic exclusivity expire and I had any interest in, I picked it up on Steam today for $24 US. That's less than half the original price. If enough Steam buyers show up this week, maybe developers will re-think Epic exclusivity.
"Let them eat Twinkies" - Proposed followup to Melania Trump's "Be Best" campaign.

Feb 15, 2020, 19:10
Prez

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 19:10
Feb 15, 2020, 19:10
 Prez

Yeah I have saved money because of Epic exclusivity as well. Phoenix Point is definitely something I would have bought day 1 on Steam being a massive XCOM fan. Turns out the game was kind of crap.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 15, 2020, 20:01
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 20:01
Feb 15, 2020, 20:01

Kxmode wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 16:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 15:56:

Despite your attempt to jab Steam yet again, Valve doesn't set the price.

Eh, we all knew he would say something. Just ignore him.

Feb 15, 2020, 21:05
Kxmode

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 21:05
Feb 15, 2020, 21:05
 Kxmode

afka Rossini wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 18:18:

Since it's the first AAA title I'm aware of to have Epic exclusivity expire and I had any interest in, I picked it up on Steam today for $24 US. That's less than half the original price. If enough Steam buyers show up this week, maybe developers will re-think Epic exclusivity.

It's a guaranteed certainty given the franchise found most of its PC fanbase on Steam coupled with the platform having significantly more users.

Re: Re: Metro Exodus on Steam
Feb 15, 2020, 21:24
Re: Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 21:24
Feb 15, 2020, 21:24

Just for clarification, they still haven't released or even named all the DLC that the Gold edition will eventually include, right? Or is everything out already?

Feb 15, 2020, 21:35
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 21:35
Feb 15, 2020, 21:35

Nope. The exact opposite will be true. If people still buy even after the year, all that tells publishers is that they can take Epic's money first, then take our money later. The only way they'll rethink exclusivity is if the games that have it don't meet sales expectations, both during and after. Otherwise, you'll just teach them they can slap you around and you'll still come back for more...

Feb 15, 2020, 22:06
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 22:06
Feb 15, 2020, 22:06

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 21:35:

Nope. The exact opposite will be true. If people still buy even after the year, all that tells publishers is that they can take Epic's money first, then take our money later. The only way they'll rethink exclusivity is if the games that have it don't meet sales expectations, both during and after. Otherwise, you'll just teach them they can slap you around and you'll still come back for more...

except they now get 70% of 24$ iso of 70% of 60$

Re: Re: Metro Exodus on Steam
Feb 15, 2020, 22:27
Re: Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 22:27
Feb 15, 2020, 22:27

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 21:24:
Just for clarification, they still haven't released or even named all the DLC that the Gold edition will eventually include, right? Or is everything out already?

Game was only getting 2 DLC if I recall.

Feb 15, 2020, 22:40
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 22:40
Feb 15, 2020, 22:40

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 21:35:

No, if they're smart, it all depends on how the math works out. They definitely would have made calculations beforehand to estimate the sales breakdown with and without exclusivity in order to make their decision, and soon they'll be able to tell how accurate those were. Just as there was the possibility for EGS totals to disappoint, there is the possibility that Steam sales are exceedingly strong, and both would be reasons to not do the same thing next time.

Feb 16, 2020, 01:23
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 16, 2020, 01:23
Feb 16, 2020, 01:23

Keep it, I'd rather never play your game. Trollbashing
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer