Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 14, 2020, 09:55 WaltC

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 22:12:
Sounds like Nvidia bullshit. AMD stopped having problems with drivers forever ago. Either that or these retards don't know how to build and run a PC. Nvidia 2060 is about $130 more on average than a Radeon 5700XT here. Thanks but I'm sticking with AMD.

It is bs. 5700XT drivers are fine! Many don't realize what's going on but nV is hemorrhaging discrete GPU sales to AMD, atm. A lot of the reason is the Halo effect from the immense popularity of AMD's cpus. nVidia is still leading--I saw one number recently of nV 57% AMD 42% discrete GPUs, but AMD is up from ~20%. Even when 3dfx was around, nV was paying Internet viral marketers--even some web sites, like Anandtech & Sharkey Extreme--to write negative--and false--stories about 3dfx products. I very much doubt nVidia has changed in that regard. I read these accounts of supposed 5700XT owners and I cannot recognize the product...;) It's really very funny actually--the stories are bizarre...;) If the 5700XT was as bad as these people say it is AMD wouldn't be able to sell even one.

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 14, 2020, 01:38 El Pit

Nvidia 2060 is about $130 more on average than a Radeon 5700XT here. Thanks but I'm sticking with AMD.

The 5700XT is pitched against the RTX2070 (Super), not the RTX2060 (Super).
The 5600XT is pitched against the RTX 2060 (Super).

This is why the prices of the 5700XT should actually even be more like the RTX 2070 (Super). But it seems the 5700XT is very, VERY cheap in your area, making it quite a steal.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2020, 00:06 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 22:14:
That was true up until Polaris... Then shit hit the fan. There is a real problem now, not just Nvidia fanboys FUD.

Shhh.... how dare you?! Don't you know facts are powerless against a juggernaut of ignorance?!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 13, 2020, 22:14 Simon Says

Sounds like Nvidia bullshit. AMD stopped having problems with drivers forever ago. Either that or these retards don't know how to build and run a PC. Nvidia 2060 is about $130 more on average than a Radeon 5700XT here. Thanks but I'm sticking with AMD.

That was true up until Polaris... Then shit hit the fan. There is a real problem now, not just Nvidia fanboys FUD.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 13, 2020, 22:12 Cutter

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 13, 2020, 20:10 RedEye9

There is a little thread over at the hardforums with more on amd drivers.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >