Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Morning Interviews

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 07:39  Prez 

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 15:32:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 13:16:
In other news, Tim condemns loot boxes, while his company makes recent changes to Fortnite loot boxes to make them more attractive. He's borderline psychotic.

Not really. He says loot boxes are bad, because they're like gambling. By making them transparent, they're just microtransactions, and no longer like gambling. If you know what you'll get for your money, that's not gambling and entirely in line with what he said.

Did you not understand his complaint, or are you hung up on the term "loot box" and not the mechanic being described?

Yeah that's the big difference. Fortnite relies on direct purchases and battle passes in lieu of gambling mechanics. I'll leave that to everyone's personal belief as to whether that's a good or bad thing, but it certainly keeps Epic off the radar of lawmakers. EA should pay attention.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 00:26 Mordhaus

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 12:05:
What a load of corporate speak bullshit. He could have summed it up in one word, money. Just be honest. At least people could respect that. 'Well if someone drove a dump truck full of money up to your place, what would you do?'

Yeah, I mean some devs have been straight up and while it upsets me that I have to wait out the exclusive, at least they are honest. This type of shit is just trying to cover up the money grab.

I mean, I get it. If I had a product that was in a risky business like video games and someone came up to me saying "Hey, I can guarantee you x amount if you go exclusive for a year", I would jump on that like a starving dog. I'd also hope I would have the guts to tell fans that, unlike EA or Activision, I can't make the next game without some profit off the previous one. A bag of cash means you can make the next game.

I still don't like Epic's use of exclusives, but it is clear that small developers are going to keep going after them because they kind of have to. Sweeney can still go f*ck himself, though.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 19:24  RedEye9 

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 19:22:
Sort of like Andrew Dice Clay saying "You either suck dick or you don't."
we all know the story about Pierre the bridge builder.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

10. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 19:22 HorrorScope

What's there to explain?

Sort of like Andrew Dice Clay saying "You either suck dick or you don't."

9. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 17:39  Mr. Tact 

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 17:36:
Also, x-ray llamas happened more than a year ago... Looks like someone is still writing 2019 on their checks.
LOL -- totally missed that last year. Thanks for the laugh.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 17:36 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 15:32:
In other news, Tim condemns loot boxes, while his company makes recent changes to Fortnite loot boxes to make them more attractive. He's borderline psychotic.

Not really. He says loot boxes are bad, because they're like gambling. By making them transparent, they're just microtransactions, and no longer like gambling. If you know what you'll get for your money, that's not gambling and entirely in line with what he said.

Did you not understand his complaint, or are you hung up on the term "loot box" and not the mechanic being described?

Also, x-ray llamas happened more than a year ago... Looks like someone is still writing 2019 on their checks.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 16:19 MattyC

Metro Exodus is 4A, right? What does that have to do with these guys?  

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

6. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 15:57 Darks

What everyone else has said here, tell it like it is guys. The Truth hurts and these asshat devs dont like it.

He should have just said, money talks, bullshit walks.

Me personally, I've been being very patient with this whole Exclusive crap, once it comes to steam and for the right price. Ill then buy it. Cant wait to see the BS pricing they try to pull on us tomorrow with Metro Exodus.

The out cry is going to be Epic!!

update:

No price yet on Metro, but this will give you an idea that the price is going to be at least 50 dollars.

Three addons that do have pricing.

Two Colonies - $7.99
Sams Story - $17.99
Expansion pass $24.99

Even though this game got cracked, they are still pushing Denuvo into this games steam version.

So pathetic.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 15:32 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 14:37 Acleacius

Flamethrower What utter bullshit he's laying down... too much competition? Lmao..  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 13:34 Korrd

We started on Steam and we had all those open alphas on Steam for months and months and months, playing with the community which grew and grew and grew on Steam, [...] So we didnt really anticipate [the negative reaction]..."
Really? You didn't? You built a community on Steam and then abandoned it and you didn't expect that would piss people off? Cutter's right that they should just be honest that this was a money grab, but maybe also don't claim to be such a pitifully naive dumbass while you do so.

I'll only pick this up once it's heavily discounted or bundled.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2020, 22:55.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 13:16  Kxmode 

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 12:05 Cutter

What a load of corporate speak bullshit. He could have summed it up in one word, money. Just be honest. At least people could respect that. 'Well if someone drove a dump truck full of money up to your place, what would you do?'

"Listen, Im not the nicest guy in the Universe because Im the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >