Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 23:18 ventry

let the hate flow through you dude.

Look here's another win:

UK High Court uphold freedom of speech, determining that "It is entirely acceptable to hold the view and communicate that a trans woman is not a woman. That view is not hateful, transphobic or unlawful."

The judge also compared the police investigation into the tweets as comparable to the "Stasi" and "Gestapo".

I also forgot:
Winning: James Woods back on Twitter.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2020, 23:46.

The most powerful governments on earth can't stop a virus from spreading
BUT,
They can reduce the Earths temperature if you give them more of your money.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 23:13  RedEye9 

ventry wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 23:01:
ventry wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 23:00:
Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 22:35:
ventry wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 18:04:
Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 11:38:
ventry wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 17:45:
Epic's Tim Sweeney Says Game Companies Need to "Divorce" Themselves From Political Pandering [Update]

FTFY.

Hey, remember that time you were ignorant and misinformed about Gillette and got literally everything about your pointless anecdote incorrect?

Sure Meat, Whatever you say.

Gillette CEO says lost customers worth it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Yes, I'm familiar with stupid games - I respond to you.

You still didn't respond to the Gillette thing. Your entire post is stupid. You're not doubling down, nor admitting you were wrong. You're just saying something different.

Just admit you're stupid shouty white guy YouTube gospel led you astray. I mean, fuck, your own link opens with a disclaimer that is basically "ventry has no clue but keeps talking."

"shouty white guy"????
You left out "straight".
Racism much.
Hypocrite. So typical Rolleyes
If it wasn't for "double standards" the left would have no standards.

Ok.
I read that article yonks ago. It didn't have the disclaimer when I read it and only provided the link. I didn't re-read it.
SO, If it makes you feel better....

I was wrong to link that particular article.

However if you think that NONE of that $8 Billion write down was because of that ridiculous ad campaign you are the complete deluded fool. ( I didn't even touch comments from Facebook or Twitter.
Literally THOUSANDS. )

More telling is your and Redeye's total desperation to "show me up".
Tells me I am living rent free between your ears. (lots of space there).
If there was a turducken of ignorance it would be you. You link disclaimers, don't understand the subject matter and refuse to admit that you're woefully ill-equiped to think.
Go suck down another fosters and search for a link before it gets retracted. Better yet just leave the discussion like you did when Mr Tact took you to school.
Chin up little buddy, tomorrow's a new day.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

23. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 23:01 ventry

oops!! hit wrong button.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2020, 23:14.

BUT,

22. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 23:00 ventry

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 22:35:
Epic's Tim Sweeney Says Game Companies Need to "Divorce" Themselves From Political Pandering [Update]

FTFY.

Hey, remember that time you were ignorant and misinformed about Gillette and got literally everything about your pointless anecdote incorrect?

You still didn't respond to the Gillette thing. Your entire post is stupid. You're not doubling down, nor admitting you were wrong. You're just saying something different.

Just admit you're stupid shouty white guy YouTube gospel led you astray. I mean, fuck, your own link opens with a disclaimer that is basically "ventry has no clue but keeps talking."

"shouty white guy"????
Racism much.
Hypocrite. So typical Rolleyes
If it wasn't for "double standards" the left would have no standards.

Ok.
I read that article yonks ago. It didn't have the disclaimer when I read it and only provided the link. I didn't re-read it.
SO, If it makes you feel better....

I was wrong to link that particular article.

However if you think that NONE of that $8 Billion write down was because of that ridiculous ad campaign you are the complete deluded fool. ( I didn't even touch comments from Facebook or Twitter.
Literally THOUSANDS. )

More telling is your and Redeye's total desperation to "show me up".
Tells me I am living rent free between your ears. (lots of space there).

BUT,

21. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 22:35  Beamer 

FTFY.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 21:38 ventry

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 18:35:
] please do tell us what you won

Conservative win in Australian elections.

Tories win in landslide in UK elections.

Brexit: Done and dusted.

The Mueller report falls flat on it's face.

Trump acquitted.

Michael Avenatti found guilty on all counts in Nike extortion trial.

Jussie Smollett indicted on 6 charges by Grand Jury in Chicago.

Ilhan Omar under investigation by FBI and CIA over marriage to brother and illegal use of funds.

Carlos Maza fired from Vox because of his ongoing "war" with Steven Crowder. (now we have both parties rightly punished)

AND (more likely than not) Trump landslide 2020.

Catch ya later meat.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2020, 22:01.

BUT,

19. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 21:24 ventry

Sure meat, whatever ya say.

Jake Howard
Gillette can suck a D

Billy Gaines
I quit buying Gillette products shortly after the toxic masculinity commercial, and I will never, ever spend another penny on a Gillette product.

Scott Showers
Same here. Will NOT spend another penny with them EVER!

Irv In
Me too

Spânu Sebastian
Same here&#128077;&#127995;

Rob Williams
You don't have to be a cop, a veteran or a terrorist killer to be a man. You treat your woman with respect and keep her happy. You raise a son that acts like a man until he is a man and then he stays a man. You also raise a girl to be a strong, independent and self reliant girl until she's a strong, independent and self reliant woman. You work hard, you do your best and you inspire others to work hard and do their best. You recognize other men for being good men whether they do other men or not. You recognize good women too. I just realized I still have Gillette products in my house, but since I'm a man I tossed them out. Why fund misandrists? You're fired, Gillette.

Donna Demers
I will never buy them again

Augie Janke
I used to only buy Gillette until this ad telling me I am a rapist, sexist, blah blah. I will admit that I received a better shave from my Gillette than my new razor but I REFUSE to give my money to this company. They didn’t apologize or fire those responsible so even if they do it now? WAY TO LATE! You lost me for good

D. C.
I can't believe the first year of the rest of my life of not buying any Gillette product has already gone by. Time flies

Mark M
Remember ladies and gentlemen, it’s not just enough to avoid Gillette, but ALL Proctor and Gamble products. Check your labels and spend accordingly.

Oyaator Bhoy
Gillette should just switch from making primarily men's products to making feminist products.
They are finished in the men's market.

Buidhean
Gillette free year - congratulations Gillette, you lost me as a customer.

Wendell Edwards
One full year and a day of not using Gillette or any other Procter & Gamble product. They are dead to me

Ciaran & Ra de Vos
No longer using gillete products.i dont need to mansplain why!

He-man Master of the Universe
One year later and has not bought anything from Gillette. In the future, no one will remember Gillette.

Sandis uzvards
just came there to remind gillete, that i have not forgotten to not buy p&g products

And literally THOUSANDS more.

In other news:
That French actor "Juicy Smoolay" has been indicted on 6 charges by a Grand Jury in Chicago.
Let's see if he gets jail time.

BUT,

18. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 18:35  RedEye9 

FTFY.

please do tell us what you won because you definitely have been winning a lot lately
The Washington Examiner has updated this story to remove the suggestion that Gillette lost $8 billion due to its #MeToo-inspired advertising campaign. We regret that this article did not adhere to the Washington Examiner 's normal standards and procedures.
Holy fuck dude, get a clue.
Even your trolling is subpar.

Do us all a favor and go back to the original thread where you were eviscerated, shamed and laughed at.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

17. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 18:04 ventry

FTFY.

BUT,

16. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 14, 2020, 11:38  Beamer 

FTFY.

-------------

15. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 17:45 ventry

FTFY.

BUT,

14. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 14:07  RedEye9 

NKD wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 14:06:
WaltC wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 10:02:
My personal definition of fake news: To view this user's posts click on the username.
Those unnamed officials have been right more than they have been wrong over the years. Turns out that if you want people to spill the beans on their boss, and still be in a position to spill more beans later, you can't attach their name to it.

Even just looking at the current administration, look at all the people Trump has fired or who have quit. Many of them were telegraphed by "anonymous sources" saying such-and-such person was on the outs with Trump. Someone like Sarah Huckabee Sanders would then come out and say "The President has full confidence in ____" and then 2 weeks later that person is gone.

Why is it hard to believe that there are tons of big mouths in the White House willing to share, but who don't want to lose their paycheck?
thank you

Vaccines Cause Immunity

13. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 14:06 NKD

WaltC wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 10:02:

My personal definition of fake news: It's political opinion disguised as hard news, but without attribution of any kind. You know, the "Senior White House officials [without names] say"..."anonymous sources [without names] fearing retribution say"...and then there the articles which state all kinds of wild assertions and don't even pretend to have quoted anyone at all. Chances are, when you are reading one of those, it's fake

Those unnamed officials have been right more than they have been wrong over the years, and it's not exclusive to the current administration. They were usually right during Obama's terms as well. Turns out that if you want people to spill the beans on their boss, and still be in a position to spill more beans later, you can't attach their name to it.

Even just looking at the current administration, look at all the people Trump has fired or who have quit. Many of them were telegraphed by "anonymous sources" saying such-and-such person was on the outs with Trump. Someone like Sarah Huckabee Sanders would then come out and say "The President has full confidence in ____" and then 2 weeks later that person is gone.

Why is it hard to believe that there are tons of big mouths in the White House willing to share, but who don't want to lose their paycheck?

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

12. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 12:13  Cutter 

Art is political. Anything else is entertainment and/or decoration. There's nothing wrong with the latter but games are not art. The entire point of video games is entertainment in the pursuit of commerce.

In this, Sweeny is actually correct. If your goal is to make entertainment and money, leave politics and religion at the door. No one likes being preached to - except snowflakes.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

11. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 10:30  Prez 

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 10:16:
Far Cry 5 was apolitical to the point of being vapid and stupid.

Was it though? The parallels between the villains in the game and the portion of the Trump base that are alt-right fringe kooks seem pretty obvious. The game didn't need to come right out and say "here is what Trump's nuttier supporters are like"". By including them as villains but not directly connecting the dots Ubisoft wisely says what they want to say all the while avoiding flak (and potential lost sales) from all but the most extreme nutjobs on both sides of the aisle. To me asking for any more than that is wanting a game to suit your own agenda the same way you accuse 'status quo' games of doing it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 10:19 HorrorScope

There are so many games, there is no one thing they should or shouldn't do. It's art and literature, like movies you should have all types.  

9. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 10:16  Beamer 

Far Cry 5 was apolitical to the point of being vapid and stupid.  

-------------

8. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 10:09  Prez 

NKD wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 09:23:
Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 08:29:
but I don't like the developers' personal political viewpoints being pushed at me while I'm gaming.

Doesn't this essentially mean every game has to be an non-critical view of the status quo, even if being non-critical of that status quo looks to someone else like a political viewpoint?

Beamer made a good point. If someone made a game that's entirely straight white males doing straight white male things without offering any opinions on anything, most people would consider it "neutral" or "apolitical." But if you make a game that's entirely women with dyed hair and problem glasses, you're immediately political even if you don't actually talk politics in your content.

"Everything is fine, or at the very least not worth worrying about." is itself a political position. If that's the position someone wants to take, fine, but they can at least call it what it is instead of pretending that it's neutral or apolitical.

I agree with you. In general I think developers do a good job of keeping their personal political agendas out of games. "Gone Home" doesn't bother me (or most rational people) simply because the lead character was gay, nor did Far Cry 5 bother me with its villains being stereotypical alt-right white supremacist nationalists. Those are political topics which are perfectly okay in games, and indeed often offer an interesting change of pace from the 'status quo' games. Ironically it's usually the far left gaming journalists of sites like RPS and Kotaku who make a big deal about the issues involved, and often take the developers to task for not taking the opportunity to give blatant commentary on the issue as what happened when the press got mad at Ubisoft for not drawing parallels between the antagonists in Far Cry 5 and alt-right Trump supporters. Messages can be subtle without being as on-the-nose as the short sighted press want them to be for purposes of their own agendas.

So yeah, give me alternatives to the straight white male status quo games. I'm all over them. Just keep your personal agendas to yourselves. Or don't; I just won't play your game.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 10:02 WaltC

Yes and I think that's exactly why Ubi developers say things like "oh no, our game isn't political" when it is completely loaded with political topics. Anything you say beyond "yeah guns and capitalism are a thing" is going to piss somebody off and potentially hurt sales. I don't mind games containing hot-button political topics, but I don't like the developers' personal political viewpoints being pushed at me while I'm gaming.

Agreed! It's tedious, boring, and no fun at all. I think, though, that a lot of younger people today are being politicized without an actual conscious knowledge of it. The Internet is a fantastic resource--but only for someone who is already well-grounded educationally. Separating the wheat from the chaff is easy for people with solid educational foundations--but increasingly there are people who cannot distinguish the factual news from the fake. Younger developers today take for granted a number of things that aren't true at all, etc., and these things occasionally show up in their games! Fortunately, as people mature in life, experience usually sets things right. Most of life, thankfully, is not political...!

My personal definition of fake news: It's political opinion disguised as hard news, but without attribution of any kind. You know, the "Senior White House officials [without names] say"..."anonymous sources [without names] fearing retribution say"...and then there the articles which state all kinds of wild assertions and don't even pretend to have quoted anyone at all. Chances are, when you are reading one of those, it's fake and you're reading what is essentially political propaganda. Solid news stories always provide attributed quotes--that makes it possible for the "news" to be independently verified by third parties and confirmed as fact. I'm afraid too much fake news finds its way into games these days. But also I'm gratified that there's a lot less of it than you might think!

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2020, 09:23 NKD

but I don't like the developers' personal political viewpoints being pushed at me while I'm gaming.

Doesn't this essentially mean every game has to be an non-critical view of the status quo, even if being non-critical of that status quo looks to someone else like a political viewpoint?

Beamer made a good point. If someone made a game that's entirely straight white males doing straight white male things without offering any opinions on anything, most people would consider it "neutral" or "apolitical." But if you make a game that's entirely women with dyed hair and problem glasses, you're immediately political even if you don't actually talk politics in your content.

"Everything is fine, or at the very least not worth worrying about." is itself a political position. If that's the position someone wants to take, fine, but they can at least call it what it is instead of pretending that it's neutral or apolitical.

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >