Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Feb 13, 2020, 02:27
Kxmode

Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2020, 02:27
Feb 13, 2020, 02:27
 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 23:18:
Had to Google him to find out who Geoff Keighley was. 1) Who cares if he goes to E3? 2) Who cares if E3 does or doesn't happen? The answer to both is at least partially, certainly not me.

Sony gave the same basic answer for not returning this year. See the link below in my previous comment. Something is going on with E3 this year that has big publishers and well-known presenters bowing out. Geoff is a well-known individual in that circle. You may not know him, but he's a big deal in that regard. It's like saying "Who's Ninja?" in regards to streaming, "Who's PewDiePie?" in regards to Youtube, or "Who's Rebecca Black?" in regards to Friday.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Re: Geoff Keighley - Announced this morning that I won’t be at E3 this year
Feb 13, 2020, 02:20
Kxmode

Re: Geoff Keighley - Announced this morning that I won’t be at E3 this year Feb 13, 2020, 02:20
Feb 13, 2020, 02:20
 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 00:10:
Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with his own show in December.

Sony said the same thing. "We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year." Both Geoff and Sony have been E3 regulars for the past 25 years. So when both with insider knowledge about the upcoming show provide the same reason for not appearing, it's not just "his show." I know people like to jump on the negative or pessimistic bandwagon because it's easy, but here we have a more nuanced truth.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 13, 2020, 00:10
Re: Geoff Keighley - Announced this morning that I won’t be at E3 this year Feb 13, 2020, 00:10
Feb 13, 2020, 00:10

Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 23:10:
Reasons why. But if you can't be bothered to watch the video, it's about the perceived lack of security coupled with the increasing irrelevance of the show.

On his Twitter profile, Geoff said he'd answer as many questions as he could. One user asked, "What fueled your decision not to participate?" Geoff's responds, "A ton of factors, I just don't feel comfortable participating given what I know about the show as of today."

So something is up with the show itself. We'll probably then more about what that means later.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with his own show in December.

Feb 12, 2020, 23:18
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 12, 2020, 23:18
Feb 12, 2020, 23:18

Had to Google him to find out who Geoff Keighley was. 1) Who cares if he goes to E3? 2) Who cares if E3 does or doesn't happen? The answer to both is at least partially, certainly not me.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Feb 12, 2020, 23:10
Kxmode

Re: Geoff Keighley - Announced this morning that I won’t be at E3 this year Feb 12, 2020, 23:10
Feb 12, 2020, 23:10
 Kxmode

Reasons why. But if you can't be bothered to watch the video, it's about the perceived lack of security coupled with the increasing irrelevance of the show.

On his Twitter profile, Geoff said he'd answer as many questions as he could. One user asked, "What fueled your decision not to participate?" Geoff's responds, "A ton of factors, I just don't feel comfortable participating given what I know about the show as of today."

So something is up with the show itself. We'll probably then more about what that means later.

Feb 12, 2020, 19:46
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 12, 2020, 19:46
Feb 12, 2020, 19:46

That's it, cancelled my trip.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older