Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2020, 15:57 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 14:17:
Seattle-area election will use smartphone voting system that worries some experts.

I'm all for increasing voter participation, but electronic voting seems ripe for abuse in ways that in-person voting isn't. Still, this doesn't sound terrible:

Democracy Live’s technology has been used without issue in roughly 1,000 elections since 2010, Finney said. Voters visit an election website, which runs on data centers run by Amazon Web Services that use the same security certifications as federal agencies using the technology. After making their selections, voters save their ballots as a PDF file and digitally sign it. Or they can print it and physically sign it. In the past, voters have had to mail in that ballot, though overseas military could often send it as an email attachment.

What? You mean to don't trust Dr. Evil, woops, I mean Jeff Bezos, implicitly?

"Listen, I’m not the nicest guy in the Universe because I’m the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2020, 14:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 14:17:
Seattle-area election will use smartphone voting system that worries some experts.

I'm all for increasing voter participation, but electronic voting seems ripe for abuse in ways that in-person voting isn't. Still, this doesn't sound terrible:

Democracy Live’s technology has been used without issue in roughly 1,000 elections since 2010, Finney said. Voters visit an election website, which runs on data centers run by Amazon Web Services that use the same security certifications as federal agencies using the technology. After making their selections, voters save their ballots as a PDF file and digitally sign it. Or they can print it and physically sign it. In the past, voters have had to mail in that ballot, though overseas military could often send it as an email attachment.

Without paper trail that is mandated for all, this is about as tamper proof as your kitchen cupboard...

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2020, 14:17  jdreyer 

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2020, 13:16  RedEye9 

Windows, now get unintended glitches up to 10x faster.
on i7 or equivalent, Nvme PCIe ssd equipped systems with 8+ gb ram

Sorry Walter, you knew the cars autopilot veered into that barrier before. Darwin is not a forgiving mistress.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >